Sideshow Making 20"+ Movie Optimus Prime Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll see you gay soccer gif and raise you two (more) gay Miami Heat gifs :lol

bosh.gif

x4lcjllcd5ub.gif

219xycx.gif

Almost as epic as this little number. Love the way the linesman just stands there like nothing has happened. haha

funny-animated-gifs-fail-dive.gif

Thanks for sharing Rodimus.I do understand what you mean with the paint quality,but with sideshow you gotta take it for what it is.Sideshow make great sculpts but they are always way behind Ht when it comes to the painting.I actually think the paint look good on these shots ive seen so far and the reason ive asked for close up shots of the head is because i was worried about sloppy paint job in the tiny areas on the head,and i had all reason to worry,just look at the back of the head,perfect example right there.The body itself looks great imo.

Thanks for sharing Rodimus.I do understand what you mean with the paint quality,but with sideshow you gotta take it for what it is.Sideshow make great sculpts but they are always way behind Ht when it comes to the painting.I actually think the paint look good on these shots ive seen so far and the reason ive asked for close up shots of the head is because i was worried about sloppy paint job in the tiny areas on the head,and i had all reason to worry,just look at the back of the head,perfect example right there.The body itself looks great imo.

I noticed that as well. :(

As for the measurement, I don't have any measuring tape or rulers. :monkey2
But it's too damn big to fit in my Bestas if that's any help! :dunno

Never mind :wink1: thanks anyway... apparently the Base has the same diameter like my Iron Man Half-Scale Maquette :horror

excellent piece

Congrats on the awesome Autobot Leader :clap and thanks for the Pics... the Box looks great

Hey fellas, I received my EX Optimus Prime yesterday late in the day, but was unable to open and take pictures immediately due to other responsibilities. Upon opening up the packaging my 1st reaction was one of amazement, but yet of disappointment. The reason for the disappointment is that the base was much bigger than I anticipated and the statue will not fit in the case that I had readied for it. Big bummer for me. No immediate case for Optimus. The base is actually very light much to my surprise. It feels like it is and I'm sure that it is hollow inside. The main weight comes from the statue itself. The UPS shipping weight of the box was 8.6lbs. Overall I am really happy with the statue. It really is a piece that looks much better in hands and I feel that the pictures really dont do it justice. The level of detail in the sculpt is awesome, but I feel that the staue falls short in the paint department. There are so many parts that have been sculpted and molded and unfortunately not all of them received the attention that they should have for a $1,300 statue. The main and noticable pieces are the ones that mainly get the paint attention. I had hoped to have taken pictures in natural daylight, but was unable due to the time of day. Once I started taking pictures my camera battery died. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to take additional pics. Here are a couple of pics showing some different angles and close ups of some of the parts.

thanks for the small Review and Congrats on the Maquette :clap

Hey guys, glad you appreciated the pics I posted earlier and congrats to those that received their ship notices today. I feel that you wont be disappointed once you receive this awesome piece. Someone had asked about how I received the statue earlier than everyone else and I wanted to answer that incase anyone else was wondering that also. First and foremost, I don't have an inside connection. I just got lucky due to chance. What happened was that earlier this month when Sideshow sent out the e-mail notices for the last Flexpay payment I wasn't expecting it so soon and they wanted the money the very next day. The e-mail was sent and received on 8/18 & I needed to have the funds on 8/19 according to the e-mail. I immediately called customer service & requested for the payment to be delayed until 8/27. When they processed my payment on 8/27 they also went ahead and shipped the statue because it was already in stock and thats how I got it.

I took some additional pics for you guys with more natural light so you have a good idea what to expect. Hope you guys enjoy them.

SAM_1281.jpg

SAM_1285.jpg

SAM_1270.jpg

SAM_1268.jpg

SAM_1272.jpg

SAM_1371.jpg

SAM_1357.jpg

SAM_1361.jpg

SAM_1373.jpg

SAM_1376.jpg

SAM_1338.jpg

SAM_1339.jpg

Base diameter is 18.5-19in:

SAM_1343.jpg

Noticed some pics with the blade turned sideways:

SAM_1321.jpg

Blade should be turned to 12-6 position:

SAM_1324.jpg

Either the blade is in the wrong hand or just needs to be turned. Can be easily turned due to square peg:

SAM_1319.jpg

I apologize if I posted too many pictures, but I do agree with this statement: :postpics: .

Back