Sideshow Lobo Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lobo isn't blue.

Not a fan of mixed media.

Base is bubble gum ugly.

EX is really hideous. Not sure what's going on with the goatee. Is it a goatee, or a tattoo?

No reason to give this the maquette label, or the maquette price.

Not a fan of the Guitar Hero Lobo theme.

Several better interpretations of the character. If they can't match or beat what's already been offered, what's the point?

And where the heck is Dawg?

Agree with all of this!

Funny. The email I got from Sideshow telling me this was available for pre-order called it the "Lobo Premium Format Figure." But then you click the link and it goes to the Maquette.

Lobo isn't blue.

Base is bubble gum ugly.

EX is really hideous. Not sure what's going on with the goatee. Is it a goatee, or a tattoo?

Several better interpretations of the character. If they can't match or beat what's already been offered, what's the point?

Guitar Hero Lobo :lol

Lobo isn't blue.

Base is bubble gum ugly.

No offense but those are all pretty subjective to me. He's been depicted as blue before and no, that's not a goatee, it's just markings around his mouth-like a dog as its been described. I think the Iron Studios piece is a lot better by far but, I don't think this is the disaster you guys are a making it out to be.
biz00254.jpg

Has anyone here preordered this piece yet?

There surely must be at least one collector who wants a 1/4 scale Lobo, who didn’t get a chance at the original.

Because I’m sure there were more than a few who loved the 1/3 scale Prime 1 piece, who said it was too big for their respective collections. Though that piece was nearly universally praised.

There surely must be at least one collector who wants a 1/4 scale Lobo, who didn’t get a chase at the original.

Because I’m sure there were more than a few who loved the 1/3 scale Prime 1 piece, who said it was too big for their respective collections. Though that piece was nearly universally praised.

Negative

Let’s see what pose dawg will have for this lobo haha

There surely must be at least one collector who wants a 1/4 scale Lobo, who didn’t get a chance at the original.

Probably that guy on instagram that buys almost every comic pf and prime 1 piece.

My friend ordered the maquette, he also has the premium format already in his collection. I considered if I should get it or not. Love the idear with the guitar. Despite the design there are too many downs for me. The skin colour and mixed media are no goes and it would make it way too expensive to fix that. And everytime I would look at this piece I would question myself, why the hell I don‘t ordered the Prime 1 version.

I have ordered this. I guess I will be in the minority here but I think its a great statue. Price is high YES. If prime 1 was 1/4 I would buy that way before this. Now I am not a pro when it comes to Lobo lore and its been a while since I've read any Lobo comics but when I think back, I can envision Lobo blowing people away with a guitar styled machine gun while tromping over aliens and smoking his cigar. The original PF is great with Dawg and the free dual portraits. But I feel this design is more in character. Just my opinion. I, and others felt the same way many are speaking with regards to the Magneto maquette. But you know, everyone I know who eventually got it, including myself was happily surprised by the end result. I am hoping it is the same with this.

Back