Sideshow Lobo Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no Flash, but two Lobos. Plus XM, Iron Studios, and Prime 1 are all doing Lobo right now.

This is part of the issue with collecting nowadays... Too many companies doing the same characters with SS repeating all the same things...

It has ruined the "event" of all of us getting a piece.

What a joke this piece is on every level topped off with the maquette misnomer price bonus plus 30%

Terrible looking statue, and the price is just insane for a 20" tall 1:4 repeat of a C-list DC character.

14e2fb8.jpg

This piece is so not worth the price!

Nothing about it screams a Maquette label ...and nothing about it suggests its $750. Yikes!

I haven't seen anyone say anything positive. Sounds like it'll be an ES of 12 for the EX, 15 for the REG lol.

I haven't seen anyone say anything positive. Sounds like it'll be an ES of 12 for the EX, 15 for the REG lol.

Anyone know the ES on the original SSC Lobo version (which looks MUCH better than this one)? Whatever it is, I'm guessing this ES will be a third of that.

$580 and 1000EX.

Thanks. Yes, I would be surprised if the EX on this is more than 250 but hey, what do I know? I know the EX on the Swamp Thing maquette was 250 and that STILL hasn't sold out. I know part of that is due to the material on the Swamp Thing maquette BUT I can see this one having similar sales issues due to a) an older, better version, b) the mixed response on the look of this one, and c) the price point. And really, is Lobo THAT popular of a character where we needed another 1/4 scale so quickly? I mean if I was a huge Lobo fan, I would probably already own the 1/4 scale SSC original version and I'd probably have both the 1/3 Prime 1 and the 1/6 Iron Studios versions on order. Would I need this? No.

Thanks. Yes, I would be surprised if the EX on this is more than 250 but hey, what do I know? I know the EX on the Swamp Thing maquette was 250 and that STILL hasn't sold out. I know part of that is due to the material on the Swamp Thing maquette BUT I can see this one having similar sales issues due to a) an older, better version, b) the mixed response on the look of this one, and c) the price point. And really, is Lobo THAT popular of a character where we needed another 1/4 scale so quickly? I mean if I was a huge Lobo fan, I would probably already own the 1/4 scale SSC original version and I'd probably have both the 1/3 Prime 1 and the 1/6 Iron Studios versions on order. Would I need this? No.

I wonder how this statue would be perceived if the original didn't exist. Like if this was the first Lobo statue, would more people like it?

This will sell horribly and their only response to it will be "See, this is why we don't make many lower tier characters. People don't buy them."

This will sell horribly and their only response to it will be "See, this is why we don't make many lower tier characters. People don't buy them."

Yeah, I can see them saying that, but that excuse will bite them in the butt. The original one was fantastic and obviously sold pretty well. This statue is a mess!! Sideshow is so hit and miss.

Collectors are rightfully getting fed up with the crap this company is putting out, the prices are skyrocketing while the quality of the statues are going down. Not to mention the constant rehash of the same characters over and over again. It is happening across their 3 major lines, Star Wars, DC and Marvel. How do we not have a Robin PF yet? Doctor Octopus? Episode 3 Obi-Wan Kenobi?

This piece is just a disaster all over.

Mark your calendars, because a new Batman will be revealed next week.

I wonder how this statue would be perceived if the original didn't exist. Like if this was the first Lobo statue, would more people like it?

Don't think so ...not with that price anyway. There's just nothing about this piece that screams Maquette. None!

If the first one didn't exist ...then this one would definitely be a PF.

Collectors are rightfully getting fed up with the crap this company is putting out, the prices are skyrocketing while the quality of the statues are going down. Not to mention the constant rehash of the same characters over and over again. It is happening across their 3 major lines, Star Wars, DC and Marvel. How do we not have a Robin PF yet? Doctor Octopus? Episode 3 Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Of course there will be a new Batman. They need one for SDCC, they are appealing to the mass market, that is the character everyone expects to see from DC. Same can be said for rehashes of Superman as well as Wonder Woman.

Now a Lobo rahash?! the only thing I can think of it has to be based purely on internal statistics, consistent page views of the original piece along with orders for the P1 / IS pieces must be too high too ignore, .....right ?!!?!

I'm fed up with a few things with them, but quality is not one of them. I'm fed up with:

1) Price increases. Up 100% over 4 years.
2) Their website redesign taking 3 months with tons of issues and not a single corporate acknowledgement. I've even emailed them about it multiple times and they never respond to those emails.
3) Similar to #2, no live chat, and I've called in twice during business hours and they said they were closed.

But I have had almost no complaints about quality. And if I did, they replaced the statue for me with one that was flawless. But they are charging XM prices now. And XM gives the same statue to everyone (no EX, which means everyone gets the same statue with all the same parts), has multiple switch outs usually, and an amazing art print. Sideshow would charge an extra $120-200 for an included art print.

I don't think so. So many things wrong with this piece.

Really, like what? I'm only seeing people bitching about the price and character selection.

Lobo isn't blue.

Not a fan of mixed media.

Base is bubble gum ugly.

EX is really hideous. Not sure what's going on with the goatee. Is it a goatee, or a tattoo?

No reason to give this the maquette label, or the maquette price.

Not a fan of the Guitar Hero Lobo theme.

Several better interpretations of the character. If they can't match or beat what's already been offered, what's the point?

And where the heck is Dawg?

Back