Statue Sideshow LION-O Statue.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why they keep ****ing with character designs. Someone at Sideshow had to look at this and think it was going to piss people off, but they're still making it. It's a catch-22: if you wait to order to see what else they make then they don't make any more statues due to lack of interest. If you order right away in the beginning to support the line in the hopes they make more statues, then you get ****ed over with their design tweaks on the other statues. :dunno

I don't know why they keep ****ing with character designs. Someone at Sideshow had to look at this and think it was going to piss people off, but they're still making it. It's a catch-22: if you wait to order to see what else they make then they don't make any more statues due to lack of interest. If you order right away in the beginning to support the line in the hopes they make more statues, then you get ****ed over with their design tweaks on the other statues. :dunno

:goodpost::exactly:
I think Mumm-ra looks fantastic and had only waited to preorder to see Lion-O first. Glad I did because sadly I’ll be passing up both now.:cuckoo:

Yeah gonna have to pass on both and take the deposit hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really looking at this line but didn't preorder Mumm-Ra because I wanted to see Lion-O. Plus, I didn't (and still don't) have a lot of faith in Sideshow continuing to make many other characters.

Sorry SSC but this statue looks bad. The biker shorts and the mouth area on the head sculpt aren't appealing. The frustrating thing is that Mumm-ra was great. What happened?

Imagine making a Lion-o statue and none of the poses remotely resembles the intro of the show. This 13 second video has at least 5 poses that would have served as a better template than what they chose.

Just like the HeMan stuff.

PCS starts a line, totally does it justice, sales are meh, so they stop.
Then SS makes some "interpretations" and everyone is all about them.

:slap

So are there any full pics (HD quality) up?

Sorry to hear the disappointment from TC fans.

Thank goodness I saw this one before preordering anything from this line. You sort of need to knock Lion-o out of the park. Not give us this.

1501-cats-tugger-635.jpg

I figured out why (personally) I am not a fan of this. The pose is one thing but for me it's the face. It's more simian than catlike imo. I always thought that a bit with the source material as well with the white around the mouths. It may be the teeth with this face making that look come out as well.

I have several SS pieces and several more on preorder, but I'm not feeling it with this one. (I thought Mumm-Ra was pretty good though.)

I don't mind the outfit so much. It's SS's version of the Thundercats, and I'm ok with that.

...but dat face.

I hope it comes with a swap out head, because the mouth looks terrible.

Back