Sideshow Juggernaut Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think many of us where legitimately thinking this would be around Thanos on Throne pricing, BUT I don’t think we were expecting the Juggernaut piece to come out this ‘small’ with a nearly non-existent base.

What is going on with sideshow prices? Prime one 1/3 superman is a lot cheaper ($1,000), and a lot bigger than juggs and comes with 3 portraits. The price is just not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is going on with sideshow prices? Prime one 1/3 superman is a lot cheaper ($1,000), and a lot bigger than juggs and comes with 3 portraits. The price is just not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much that includes all Prime 1’s newer large 1/3 scale pieces.

I would like to see Prime 1’s Killer Croc besides this SS Juggernaut piece, given that both are nearly the same price.

I like it but it doesn't blow me away. Either way, the price tag is ridiculous and this is a firm pass for me.

Yea, the price is too much! There's nothing about this maquette that validates that price. Nothing.

This is an easy pass.

AVIDMJl.jpg
[/IMG]

To scale.
Same price.
This is a ****ing gigantic rip off

Just about any 1/4 scale Marvel character clocking in at $1400 is a MASSIVE rip off. Hell, I'm passing on the new Punisher PF because of pricing. As much as the Thanos MAQ cost, he was basically 1/3 scale so at least there's some value at $1200. A 1/4 Juggy at $1400? Not a chance. This was a hard pass for me, with no hesitation, as soon as sideshow set the price.

Just about any 1/4 scale Marvel character clocking in at $1400 is a MASSIVE rip off. Hell, I'm passing on the new Punisher PF because of pricing. As much as the Thanos MAQ cost, he was basically 1/3 scale so at least there's some value at $1200. A 1/4 Juggy at $1400? Not a chance. This was a hard pass for me, with no hesitation, as soon as sideshow set the price.

Same here. They've lost their minds, and so have the people who are going to fork over $1,400 for a Sideshow PF, especially given Sideshow's crapshoot QC.

Obviously the price is ridiculous but once again, they suck at posing. Definitely not a fan, though the Juggs himself does look pretty good.

from some angles, it looks like he just tripped and the statue captures him in the process of falling down. not a fan of he debris either. makes it look weird to me from some angles:
3002471_press08-350x350.jpg

I think it's a nice piece. He is clearly in his momentum of running and ramming through and wrecking things. I don't see the falling down aspect but I'm always looking at these in a scene that tells a story with the pose. The price though I can't justify this, even with reward points I don't think I could bring myself to get this. I expect the sales to be low just due to price and not specific to the piece itself. I'm at least not pre-ordering it and would be content with regular edition down the line but well see.

I wasn't buying this anyway but still, this price is laughable. I mean, is Juggy THAT popular of a character? Even if he were, you'd be insane IMO to pay this money for this. Someone mentioned on the other forum (and I agree) that you could get BOTH 1/3 scale Batman and Superman Hush statues for only $600 more than this 1/4 scale. I'd rather do that (or get the 1/3 Lobo or any other number of 1/3 scale Prime 1 pieces that make this piece look small). Just wait to order, everyone, I have a feeling this will be around for awhile.

Hard pass for me also, I was looking to possibly add this ... but at that price and $150.00-$200 shipping no thanks. SS is pretty much pricing themselves out of the hobby now a days. The after market tanked, so how can they justify these prices?

There are just so many Prime 1 pieces around for around the same price or less, which are just so much more impressive.

So unless you’re a diehard Juggernaut fan in desperate need for the character to fill a major hole in your collection, I just find it hard to find any reason for anyone to preorder this piece.

My conspiracy theory:- Maybe that’s why Sideshow hasn’t uploaded any recent Prime 1 preorders onto their site, to make their pieces more attractive relative to Prime 1 pieces if you have to pay for the huge amount for shipping direct from Prime 1.
...and then tomorrow they upload all their P1 pieces :dunno

There are just so many Prime 1 pieces around for around the same price or less, which are just so much more impressive.

So unless you’re a diehard Juggernaut fan in desperate need for the character to fill a major hole in your collection, I just find it hard to find any reason for anyone to preorder this piece.

My conspiracy theory:- Maybe that’s why Sideshow hasn’t uploaded any recent Prime 1 preorders onto their site, to make their pieces more attractive relative to Prime 1 pieces if you have to pay for the huge amount for shipping direct from Prime 1.
...and then tomorrow they upload all their P1 pieces :dunno

I really wanted to add a Juggernaut to my collection, but not bad enough to justify $1400 ... even having a ton of reward points stashed can I justify this. I own quite a bit of Prime 1 pieces ... and that’s what I consider the bar for anything near the 1k mark. Thanos on throne was the only exception.

Back