Statue Sideshow J Scott Campbell Tinkerbell statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The support for her foot makes it look like she stepped in gum :lol

Can't unsee this now, thanks a lot! :lol

I like this statue but it doesn't fit in my collection. It's a little too ... nice/good? I would bite if they did a "dark" version like the repaint of Campbell's mermaid. It would then fit in better with my collection of oddities. :p

I'm in for the whole line as long as each statue closely match JSC'S artwork.

I dunno. I love JSC but the first 3 are gonna run a grand- the next set $2k and the next if they come $3k... There is a lot of really awesome stuff coming out soon that I have more of an interest in than fairytale girls. All the new anime pieces, Frazetta pieces- could probably buy 3 Prime1 pieces for what these will eventually suck out of me. I used points on half of Mermaid girl but I still may cancel just to kill the temptation.

I think that's the one good thing that SSC didn't release all 3 statues at one time. Spreading out the PO dates for Ariel, Tink and Alice also help to spread out the cost. Otherwise, it would be expensive to get all 3 at one time.

Mines not fitting
d27e43ef7cf2560dd35ccf09deb6491c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to get home and check mine, wont be able to tull next week. My lantern idea for Tink has been crashing and burning. Cant find one the right size at all. She’s got a pretty huge wingspan. I might have to build a custom one myself-

22E48D98-A098-416C-9282-FC1869890793.jpeg

That lantern idea is good [emoji846]

Thanks, been a pain looking for one though. I have no idea where to find these things save for amazon and eBay, and then most are under 14” tall. The last one I found was 19”, but then none of these things have 12” interiors :p

Thanks, been a pain looking for one though. I have no idea where to find these things save for amazon and eBay, and then most are under 14” tall. The last one I found was 19”, but then none of these things have 12” interiors :p

For some reason I keep thinking Crate and Barrel or Pottery Barn ....or similar stores ...might have it. I don't know ...worth a try perhaps.

For some reason I keep thinking Crate and Barrel or Pottery Barn ....or similar stores ...might have it. I don't know ...worth a try perhaps.

Might try Pottery Barn and World Market, lol I hardly ever go there. I think the dimensions are the biggest problem though but doesnt hurt to look

Might try Pottery Barn and World Market, lol I hardly ever go there. I think the dimensions are the biggest problem though but doesnt hurt to look

Yea, doesn't hurt to look.

Gotta say, tho ...that would be a pretty cool project ...to make your own lantern to fit Tink in.

So Sideshow are telling me this which doesn’t work for my statue over time if it’s under tension it’s going to break and how could you sell it on and tell them you got to force it in.

Thank you for reaching out. Based on your feedback and the pictures you provided, we opened up six brand new Little Mermaid statues for inspection. Good news, we found that with just a little bit of specific assembly, we were able to completely correct any gaps between the wrists and hands on all six inspected items. Please review the steps below to properly assemble your statue.

1. Insert the wrists first. When placing your mermaid on her base, do so with the wrists resting on top of the hands. Using both your hands, gently grab her wrists at the bracelets between your fingers, line up the proper positioning, and then push the wrists down to meet the hand magnets until any gaps disappear. You may need to, very gently, spread apart or constrict together the arms to get a perfect fit.

2. Press down on the tail. Once the hand/wrist position is to your liking, you will need to make sure her legs… er… fin is also properly inserted into the base. To do this, gently press down on her posterior and she should snap into place. Note, this may cause the wrists to raise slightly off the hands, but you should be able wiggle her body slightly from side to side while pushing down to fix this. If you need to, gently grab her wrists again (per step one) and push down until they are back in the correct placement.

So please give this a try, as we believe it will completely fix the issue you are reporting. If you continue to have an issue, just let us know, and we will continue to work with you to find a solution.

Yea, doesn't hurt to look.

Gotta say, tho ...that would be a pretty cool project ...to make your own lantern to fit Tink in.

I was planning to do the lantern thing as well. If you have one in your area, look at Hobby Lobby — they have some pretty big ones. I was waiting till Tink came in before I bought one to confirm size, but the really big ones are not cheap.

I was planning to do the lantern thing as well. If you have one in your area, look at Hobby Lobby — they have some pretty big ones. I was waiting till Tink came in before I bought one to confirm size, but the really big ones are not cheap.

cool thanks will have to swing by there as well. Hoping I can find something old and piratey looking

My Little Mermaid showed up yesterday, and first and foremost, let me say that this is one of the most beautiful pieces Sideshow has ever produced, period. She's basically an art nouveau sculpture masquerading as a Disney character... I did encounter the now notorious issue of her arms being misaligned with her hands, but I was ready with a plan of attack that solved the issue in under 10 minutes. Since her arms were misaligned enough so that I was unable to fit them correctly even with the "insert arms first and then press firmly on her backside" procedure, I used a hair dryer and the shipper box to make an improvised autoclave to warm her up enough so that I could align her arms without any resistance. Here she is in all her sexy glory - enjoy!

little mermaid 1.jpg

little mermaid 2.jpg

little mermaid 3.jpg

little mermaid 4.jpg

little mermaid 5.jpg

little mermaid 6.jpg

I have to get home and check mine, wont be able to tull next week. My lantern idea for Tink has been crashing and burning. Cant find one the right size at all. She’s got a pretty huge wingspan. I might have to build a custom one myself-

View attachment 422849

I'm right there with you. If I could even find one CLOSE to the right size I would take it to a local welder, have him chop it, add some material to make it the right size, and repaint it. I'd go to that length in effort and cost to display it the way I hope to, but it's not easy finding the right one. Nervous about ordering the cage online as well for the cost. I'd like to see it in person to know how much I'd have to invest in modifying not only to make it large enough, but also STRONG enough to hang with the statue in it.

I'm hoping to put an LED feature in it as well but we'll see.

Back