Sideshow J Scott Campbell Little Mermaid statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn it!

Mine arrived and is beautiful but the arms don't fit into the wrists... it's miles away from fitting. How the hell did this make it through QC? and I don't think I'm alone with this problem...

I guess I need to ask for a replacement yes?

View attachment 422789
View attachment 422790

i have the same problem with you but mine is even worse
if i fit the wrist, the tail is off by a mile
if i force it, it tiled so bad unbalance towards the left side (mermaid's right side)

bAZTDld.jpg

nqUBjKo.jpg

4mBG9uA.jpg

UYWN6qI.jpg

0ri1TVw.jpg

Beautiful pictures.

Off topic, but where did you get that Marilyn Monroe print/frame from?

I ended up shipping my statue back to SSC. Waiting for my replacement to process. I couldn't get the base and (or) wrists to line up after several attempts.

Beautiful pictures.

Off topic, but where did you get that Marilyn Monroe print/frame from?

I ended up shipping my statue back to SSC. Waiting for my replacement to process. I couldn't get the base and (or) wrists to line up after several attempts.

Hope you got your replacement. Its been awhile ...so I'm guessing you did.

Hope you got your replacement. Its been awhile ...so I'm guessing you did.

Thanks for the concern. Yes, I finally got a replacement. I had to email SSC to remind them since they had not sent me the new statue for several weeks.

The mid section of the tail is secure on the base, the magnet is holding it down strongly. I can feel the magnetic attraction.

The wrists are flush with the hand but I noticed there is no sense of attraction between the magnets. Gravity is holding it down but if you tip it lightly, it'll come off the base.

Is it supposed to be like that?

I figure this is "good enough." My original statue had a noticeable gap, with the wrists not sitting flush with the hand/base. At least this looks right now.

Thanks for the concern. Yes, I finally got a replacement. I had to email SSC to remind them since they had not sent me the new statue for several weeks.

The mid section of the tail is secure on the base, the magnet is holding it down strongly. I can feel the magnetic attraction.

The wrists are flush with the hand but I noticed there is no sense of attraction between the magnets. Gravity is holding it down but if you tip it lightly, it'll come off the base.

Is it supposed to be like that?

I figure this is "good enough." My original statue had a noticeable gap, with the wrists not sitting flush with the hand/base. At least this looks right now.

No, I don't think so. If I tilt mine slightly she doesn't come off the base.

To hold her down, perhaps you can use a small amount of museum putty (aka sticky putty or earthquake putty) between her and the base. The putty will keep her on the base ...and the putty is totally removable.

Man, I'm hoping SSC announce/tease the new character for this line during 12 Days.

Hey guys and gals! I just ordered the purple variant signed from J Scott Campbell's store (My wife liked that one better), and I'm excited to get it. But part of me is bummed that I missed out on the regular... Do any of you that have both prefer one over the other? Am I good with the variant or will there always be a redhead-shaped hole in my life? LOL

-Sam

Hey guys and gals! I just ordered the purple variant signed from J Scott Campbell's store (My wife liked that one better), and I'm excited to get it. But part of me is bummed that I missed out on the regular... Do any of you that have both prefer one over the other? Am I good with the variant or will there always be a redhead-shaped hole in my life? LOL

-Sam

I have both and I prefer the original with the teal fin. Better skin tone, I prefer the teal eye makeup over the gold, plus it's what the original artwork is based off of.

-Sam

It's funny, I bought the teal one first. But after receiving it, I really needed the purple version, too. I like both equally, but I really had to have both.

Thanks for the input, guys! I found a good deal on the teal one on eBay so I ordered her too... My wife thinks I'm crazy but I really wanted to see both in person! I guess if I like both of them too much to sell one, I'll have to sell some other stuff to pay for them... Haha

The one I recieved had a broken finger and there are no replacements available. Do you guys think it can be easily fixed without being noticeable or is it better to return it for a refund?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

It all depends on where the break is ...and how noticeable the break seam is when you put the finger back together.

If its not too noticeable, then I'd keep it. If its very noticeable, then I'd return it for a refund.

im on the waitlist for the ex,,,anyone had theirs converted,, waitlist position showing great for months now lol

The one I recieved had a broken finger and there are no replacements available. Do you guys think it can be easily fixed without being noticeable or is it better to return it for a refund?

Depends on how good you are, if you don’t want a seam you would need some overlap of the putty or glue then sand it down to smooth, paint matching isn’t as big of a deal on a tiny part like that.

Depends on how good you are, if you don’t want a seam you would need some overlap of the putty or glue then sand it down to smooth, paint matching isn’t as big of a deal on a tiny part like that.
That's a good point. They recommended that I simply glue it back together and accept a $30 credit. My first instinct is to simply destroy it for a full refund but the rest of it is perfect and it would be a shame to do so. [emoji20]

That's a good point. They recommended that I simply glue it back together and accept a $30 credit. My first instinct is to simply destroy it for a full refund but the rest of it is perfect and it would be a shame to do so. [emoji20]

I would take the 30 bucks, it’s an easy fix once you practice enough. Just glue it, take some fine sand paper and gently sand it down until you can’t feel the seam with your finger, then use a little skin colored touch up paint.

Back