Sideshow Indy hits the UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers 8S, I still think I might pick it up, but I'm gonna wait, it doesn't look like £50+ figure, if I can snag one for around £35 I could over look the many short comings, but we shouldn't have to!

Cheers 8S, I still think I might pick it up, but I'm gonna wait, it doesn't look like £50+ figure, if I can snag one for around £35 I could over look the many short comings, but we shouldn't have to!

Well I hope you can get him for that price . But seeing this is Indy, I think the price will only go up not down.

methinks the man has some cool insider info! i don't think a reduction to 35 is a big stretch. play.com have had some crazier sales in the past.

I've just bought one from Play at 54.99, being a customiser and not an "out of the box" displayer, I think I can recoup some of that back by selling the body, hatless head, spare hat, idol, and shirt on ebay..

I may use the spare Fedora for a Tom Hanks/Road to Perdition custom I have in the works though ;)

Got mine from FP.co.uk today, also my Medicom Indy & Henry Snr, all wrapped and under the tree.

I've just bought one from Play at 54.99, being a customiser and not an "out of the box" displayer, I think I can recoup some of that back by selling the body, hatless head, spare hat, idol, and shirt on ebay..

I may use the spare Fedora for a Tom Hanks/Road to Perdition custom I have in the works though ;)

I know someone who is looking for the body ... :D

Mine arrived today. Sunday can you believe it, I'm in shock. It looks great. I also got lucky because the head (Not too big IMO) and body are not loose.
I also think the likeness of Ford is excellent.
For something that was half the price of my Joker I'll give it nine out of ten

Got mine yesterday, joints aren't too bad at all, head's a bit loose, but nothing to moan about.
Best. Indy. Ever.

Cheers,
Doug

really seems to be pot luck on the bodies - mine's really bad. can't stand without support. and that's not really good enough - i know you guys who have good joints are happy, as well you should be. but 100% of the bodies should have been like this (or at least close to 100%). this random ^^^^ is just crap and it gives me a right to ^^^^^ at sideshow.

My 12 inch Iny has a too much brown on the upperlip. I looks like Hitler...:banghead

Damn you painters of Sideshow!:mad: What can I do about this?

Last edited:
My 12 inch Iny has a too much brown on the upperlip. I looks like Hitler...:banghead

Damn you painters of Sideshow!:mad: What can I da about this?

Aside from repainting it, not a hell of a lot. I wish Sideshow would do something about improving the factory paintjobs but it's obvious they're never going to.

Well mine did finally show up...this one too is now wrapped and under the tree (but not before I had a sneaky peek!) I seem to have gotten a good paintjob, so there's not Groucho moustache on this one...So if the body is ok(fingers Crossed) then Job's a good'un. I was rewatching raiders last night and I think the key to getting the jacket to look good, apart from some weathering will be to try and maybe make a crease up the back to take some of the width out of the running...the only problem I have from looking at pics on here is the fact that the jacket comes too far around the fron, almost meeting, and looking at raiders again you can see a lot of his shirtfront...I think with some elementary talc weathering and a bit of 'futzing' this will be damn close to perfect......

seems like i got lucky..i ordered mine from play.com and it came next day. the paint job is perfect and the body inst that loose at all!

I got mine from forbidden planet on monday and i have to say i am very impressed, i had some issues with how tight the joints were but i spent yesterday retifying that.

Mine came with fairly good paint apps not the best but most certainly not the worst but i think the non-hatted head came out better. I love the new hands from the wrist pegs to the actual joints they are fantastic and much better than those on the buck.

The clothing is also very well made and seems to fit the body well and the accessories from the quantity to the quality of them i can't find fault.

One thing i will criticise however is the size of the holster i thought the prototype was perfect and don't understand why it was changed.

With respect to the new body if sideshow can workout the issues surrounding the tightness of the joints i reckon they will have a damn good body in their hands.

Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas.

One thing i will criticise however is the size of the holster i thought the prototype was perfect and don't understand why it was changed.

It's just a guess, but I have a feeling they made the production holster a bit bigger because of all the problems with the holsters on the Star Wars figures (Han, Bespin Luke) splitting open and breaking the barrels off the guns.

Back