Sideshow Indy hits the UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found out that someone I know from a Doctor Who furum who ordered his after mine, got his this morning.... and He's further up the country from Jersey than I am.....Honestly, the postal service around here Sucks ass big time. I bet some shady postie is getting my Indy for Chrimbo this year. :banghead

Just found out that someone I know from a Doctor Who furum who ordered his after mine, got his this morning.... and He's further up the country from Jersey than I am.....Honestly, the postal service around here Sucks ass big time. I bet some shady postie is getting my Indy for Chrimbo this year. :banghead

wouldn't be suprised. I remember one bringing my life size arnie bust then saying ... " I was gonna take this home with me ".
I was like .... WTF. :monkey1 No you wern't . :monkey1:rotfl:monkey4

Hope you get him man. :rock

i got an email from fp.com last week (12/12) saying my indy had shipped. said it could take up to 10 working days so i've probably got a while to wait yet. straight switch to a truetype for me.

not too worried about having to spend the extra cash on a new body this time round. i'll use the narrower shouldered SS one for the depp hunter s. thompson fig chris howes is working on - he's supposed to be floppy!

I got through to FP.co.uk on the 17th by phone, after 4 attempts. They told me they had them in stock and were just about to start shipping. I may have mine by the weekend. Unless the mail strike delays it.

not too worried about having to spend the extra cash on a new body this time round. i'll use the narrower shouldered SS one for the depp hunter s. thompson fig chris howes is working on - he's supposed to be floppy!

Sorry but as long as people are willing to accept crap like this we'll keep getting it served up. It's an expensive figure, cheaper than HT but expensive nonetheless, and you SHOULD be worried about having to put it on a HT body in the vain hope it'll look a bit better because the head is vastly oversized. Measure it. It's ridiculous.

This should have been a landmark, standard setting one sixth figure and it's turned out a joke. Sad that a favourite character has resulted in two atrocious one sixth figures. Not for the first I'm resolving to buy no more Medicom or Sideshow figures. This time I mean it.

hey, don't get your panties in a twist and sand in your vagina - i haven't seen the figure yet so i can't make a judgement as to whether i'm going to "accept this crap". of course i'm annoyed that the body is lame, but not as bothered as i could be because i could make use of the body for other things.

from the pics so far the figure looks pretty good. and for the price i got it at, i'm not too bothered. and nobody tells me what i SHOULD do - nobody puts eighthy in a corner!

ordered mine from Play.com on monday & it arrived today, missus has hidden it though - cos its my x-mas prezzie, she'd unwrapped it & said it was a 12" sideshow Indy as opposed to an xbox game or any other random stuff play.com could have sent in it's place. just want to have a quick look & make sure its all in one piece therefore saving myself any disappointment on Christmas day.

mine arrived today too! but there's something weird wrong with the shirt - going to post a pic in the image thread to find out whether it's normal or actually a manufacturing error.

i should apologise to you guys - you had every right to put eighthy in the corner. i can understand your frustration now having the thing in hand.

if i was to go for mike crawford style ratings i'd give it the following:

packaging - ***1/2
sculpting - ****
paint - ***
articulation - *
outfit - **3/4
accessories - ****
value - ***1/4
overall - **3/4

the new body just plain sucks, and i'm so annoyed about it that i'm not even going to switch it to a truetype - i want it to stand awkwardly on my shelf (which it can't do without the help of its stand) as a reminder of how sideshow screwed up.

the shirt has this really ugly snap button layout which i can't get used to. the hands don't stay on for long and the elbow keeps popping out. the jacket is actually ok but looks far too new and the beard on mine is painted on like a big grey slug. its not pretty. may have to send it to repaint city. the holster and belt are appalling though.

the accessories however are damn damn damn good. and the sculpt is extraordinary. shame the head is a little too big (but not as bad as some of the SW line).

i really want to like this figure and it does look good on the shelf from a distance - but if you get closer and see the horrible lack of attention to detail on the costume and paint it's a bit shocking. the body however is the biggest disappointment and if SS had got this right first time I would have given it ***1/4 overall.

Play.com's due date is now the the 1st of January, and i'm sure it'll change again. They're a misleading people big time, they'll never get them in. i ordered from the states a week ago, due with me tomorrow. Can't wait!

Wow, you guys are being so harsh on something that is half the price of a Hot Toys and Medicom figure. This site is ment to be for fans of Sideshow but all I read lately is how Sideshow sucks compared to Hot Toys. How would you've liked it if all you could get was the Hasbro Indy ?

Sideshow 4 Life

i actually don't hate the figure. i think it's ok - the main gripe i have is the body. it's worse than $1 bodies i've bought on ebay before. it's loose, the pegs are horrible, it can't support the weight of the head or upper body, it can't hold poses ... it just plain sucks. i can understand where tomk is coming from now (and apologise to him because i think he was right).

i get the 1/2 the price of hot toys and medicom thing. i really do. but this is a figure that went up in price because it was on a new body. so i'm not comparing it to hot toys or medicom. i'm comparing it to old sideshow. and i for one would rather have paid £10-15 less and had this thing on a buck. at least it would have stood up on its own. then switching it to a truetype wouldn't have felt so expensive.

and i don't think being a fansite means a blindlovesite. i think a lot of SSF members would disagree with you there. comments like ours help a company to improve. it's all constructive criticism

i actually don't hate the figure. i think it's ok - the main gripe i have is the body. it's worse than $1 bodies i've bought on ebay before. it's loose, the pegs are horrible, it can't support the weight of the head or upper body, it can't hold poses ... it just plain sucks. i can understand where tomk is coming from now (and apologise to him because i think he was right).

i get the 1/2 the price of hot toys and medicom thing. i really do. but this is a figure that went up in price because it was on a new body. so i'm not comparing it to hot toys or medicom. i'm comparing it to old sideshow. and i for one would rather have paid £10-15 less and had this thing on a buck. at least it would have stood up on its own. then switching it to a truetype wouldn't have felt so expensive.

and i don't think being a fansite means a blindlovesite. i think a lot of SSF members would disagree with you there. comments like ours help a company to improve. it's all constructive criticism
I don't mind the constructive criticism. And I have to say that your points are valid. But some people really can be over critical. Look and the Indy PF thread when new picks were released. Look at the thread that says Sideshow should give up 1/6 figures and just use hot toys to make there figures.

Back