Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost:

Yeah, the question I would ask is why not just show the figure in April '16 and ship in November '16? Hot Toys usually stays to well under a year (unless delayed.) A greater than 12 month lead time is just plain stupid.

R2 was ideal. There was a port delay and I think people knew he would eventually be coming, but he was originally April/May reveal with October shipping. Then even with the delay he came in under a year.

So we see this in July at SDCC.... teased again now in October.... perhaps a preorder in a week... then wait and wait and wait until Nov 2016.... too much time to discuss problems, fixes, hopes for SS to address, etc... then delays; port's crowded, shipping delayed... figure finally arrives January 2017.... and it falls apart in your hand like Jango.

I'd say that's way too long for that drama.
Yeah. Sideshow really overdoes it with their teasers to the point where it's just annoying. I mean there's the initial tease before announcing a figure is coming at all, then we maybe get a sneak peek glimpse at a part of the figure, then there's the tease to the pre-order going up, and then the pre-order itself which really is sort of a tease too because you know you'll be waiting a solid year or so between when the pre-order goes up and when the figure arrives in hand.

Yeah. Sideshow really overdoes it with their teasers to the point where it's just annoying. I mean there's the initial tease before announcing a figure is coming at all, then we maybe get a sneak peek glimpse at a part of the figure, then there's the tease to the pre-order going up, and then the pre-order itself which really is sort of a tease too because you know you'll be waiting a solid year or so between when the pre-order goes up and when the figure arrives in hand.

And after all that you end up with an eskimo or an exploding figure for $220.

Yep, they show an amazing prototype with great paint apps, which I know will not be production. I have given up pre-ordering any SSC figures. Been burned too many times.

In less than a month it will be the ten year anniversary of Sideshow putting up for PO their very first Star Wars figure.

There seems to be a building crisis in the 1/6 line these days - collision of price, quality and competition. I wonder what the future holds.

In less than a month it will be the ten year anniversary of Sideshow putting up for PO their very first Star Wars figure.

A decade already. I remember their announcement so well. I was so excited. Up to that point I had managed to stay away from Star Wars 1/6th entirely -- except for Hurricane's Vader -- but once Sideshow jumped in, I was doomed.

At one time I thought a decade of collecting 3 3/4 inch figures was a long, long time. I've been collecting 1/6th now for 15 years (longer if I count Hasbro 12" and even longer if I count 1/6th garage kits way back in the early 90's). Man... what have I done with my life? :lol

They must have enough data by now to know their strategies are working for them, otherwise we probably wouldn't see a release like the Punisher at $240. They have a lot of experience selling statues for high sums, maybe that was the impetus for raising the ceiling on figures. If their margins are large on HT, there's really no need to try and duplicate efforts with the house brand either, which means less releases. Shame for us on all accounts.

A decade already. I remember their announcement so well. I was so excited. Up to that point I had managed to stay away from Star Wars 1/6th entirely -- except for Hurricane's Vader -- but once Sideshow jumped in, I was doomed.

At one time I thought a decade of collecting 3 3/4 inch figures was a long, long time. I've been collecting 1/6th now for 15 years (longer if I count Hasbro 12" and even longer if I count 1/6th garage kits way back in the early 90's). Man... what have I done with my life? :lol

im in the same boat with you on the 1/6 th stuff starting with the original kenner large size action figures from the 70,s star wars. then jumping years later when I saw the new action collection back in 96. and then starting up again in 06 to present :gah:

Sadly... its the same story here...:(

Imagine the money that we could have saved.... :lol

Last edited:
Sideshow squandered the license for too long. Glad Hot Toys got it - at least we are getting major characters now - that said, will preorder the At-At Driver -

I think Sideshow has made enough Troopers where it should be hard for them to mess them up. Aside from Troopers I'm really skeptical on pre-ordering Sideshow figures.

At the moment I have 3PO and R5-D4 on order from them as well as the Tie Pilot. I want 3PO to turn out good but I'm iffy on it and will cancel in a heartbeat and find a Tamashii figure if I have to. R5-D4 is essentially R2-D2 with different paint and a different dome so I know what to expect from it. I'd like the Red 5 Luke and the Jawas but I'm waiting.

I think Sideshow has made enough Troopers where it should be hard for them to mess them up. Aside from Troopers I'm really skeptical on pre-ordering Sideshow figures.

At the moment I have 3PO and R5-D4 on order from them as well as the Tie Pilot. I want 3PO to turn out good but I'm iffy on it and will cancel in a heartbeat and find a Tamashii figure if I have to. R5-D4 is essentially R2-D2 with different paint and a different dome so I know what to expect from it. I'd like the Red 5 Luke and the Jawas but I'm waiting.

They messed up the Biker Scout but this fig looks superb so far. Hopefully it stays that way.

Back