Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Helmet looks good. The rest doesn't. I'm really on the fence with the TIE pilot and AT AT Driver, but pictures like this make me unlikely to shell out $400 on them.

Tough crowd.:rotfl

Helmet looks good, chestbox looks good.

The rest is a jumpsuit, gloves and boots. :dunno

And the gloves don't look like the SSC Snowie oversized mitts or the SSC Tusken undersized girl gloves.

I've had to swap out all the figures on the new body because of the hip issue, (personal preference) just seems the legs sit to far forward in the hip joint which gives it a weird big hip appearance to me.

Looking at it I know I'll have to do a body swap I hate the ssc child bearing hips otherwise looking nice

Please don't get offended at what I have to say, but the figure does have the double prong stand between his legs, therefore making the hips look big. Take that away and I'm sure it's perfect.

Please don't get offended at what I have to say, but the figure does have the double prong stand between his legs, therefore making the hips look big. Take that away and I'm sure it's perfect.

Yeah, on some figs the prongs work great (like the HT stormie) but many figs they just don't work well at all. I guess it's an improvement over those around-the waist type older ones, but another design might work better.

It's the same body they've been using since boba, the prongs do effect the stance but not the hip width, there's a bit of baggyness in the pants making it look worse then it is too

The original AT-AT suit was quite tight to the body:

at1.jpg

at2.jpg

Yeah the baggy pants are throwing out the big helmet proportions :p , which is key to the atat and tie fighter looks, body swap the easy option

Just soak the jumpsuit in water, put it back on, pat it close to the body and let it dry like that.

I much prefer the look of SSC's figure below the neck than I do that extra in costume - thankfully the figure isn't quite as frumpy looking.

A slightly baggier suit does look better. Operating on Hoth you'd want your suit to be roomy enough to wear thermals underneath!

Here are some more reference photos:

IMG_4403.jpg

at_at_driver_ref_01.jpg

AT_AT_Driver_04.jpg

Suit looks baggier on this guy:

AT_AT_Driver_03.jpg

Glove compads:

attachment.php

The hip issue es simply a matter of there being 3-4 layers of material plus stitching in those areas increasing the stiffness and therefore it does not form to the contours of the body as well as areas that only have 1 layer and no stitching. As mentioned before, soaking the suit with water will soften it up a little and you can shape it a little bit to look more natural.

The hip issue es simply a matter of there being 3-4 layers of material plus stitching in those areas increasing the stiffness and therefore it does not form to the contours of the body as well as areas that only have 1 layer and no stitching. As mentioned before, soaking the suit with water will soften it up a little and you can shape it a little bit to look more natural.

I've water treated all my figures and it's simply not true, the Prometheus body has a very weird hip connection lending it to have thunder thighs, I can see water treating will help here in making it less puffing but won't solve the issue I see and see on all Prometheus bodied figures

Back