Statue Sideshow How to Train Your Dragon 2 Toothless Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The QC looks top notch. Any concerns with yours?

Quality is really Excellent. I think almost 95% same as prototype in sideshow website.

Don't have any major concern for mine.

Only minor complaint is leather part has flat color compare to website pic and eyes can be little more glossier.

Got this little guy yesterday and he is perfection!!!! I do agree with tyubu, above, that the leather could have used a little weathering, but the lines are clean and sharp

Got my GF one too and it came today. She loves it. It's pretty good looking, pretty light statue. Base is hollow, body seems vinyl, head seems to be poly. Detail is good, especially on the head. Good piece for the money.

I notice I didn't get a cupon with a discount code for next purchase in X days. Did anyone else get one? Just wondering if it was an omission or if it doesn't come with it.

A little bummed there was no EX version....like another portrait. :(

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Got mine in and reviewed on my channel! Nice piece all in all could have been a solid resin piece in my opinion because of the size but SSC decided on PVC without letting people know. Still like it but they really should put it on their description of materials used for people that prefer not buy a statue that may be or have PVC in it for 250.00. Anyway is the link to my channel for the review although for the higher HD video fidelity consider watching it directly on YouTube, enjoy!

https://youtu.be/VUND1hoDhk0

[emoji868]

Max Power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quality is really Excellent. I think almost 95% same as prototype in sideshow website.

Don't have any major concern for mine.

Only minor complaint is leather part has flat color compare to website pic and eyes can be little more glossier.

Good to know and glad to hear it delivered!!! :Rock

Opened mine today, Beautiful piece for sure. Right at first i freaked just a tad at the black paint, I saw what I thought was oil spots/residue but as it turns out it's just how it was painted...wheww.
An extra smiling sculpt would have been cool for sure but I like this one all the same.
I do have a question about the front left foot.........is it supposed to rest flatly on the base or is there a slight gap?

Opened mine today, Beautiful piece for sure. Right at first i freaked just a tad at the black paint, I saw what I thought was oil spots/residue but as it turns out it's just how it was painted...wheww.
An extra smiling sculpt would have been cool for sure but I like this one all the same.
I do have a question about the front left foot.........is it supposed to rest flatly on the base or is there a slight gap?

I have the tiniest of gap on mine. It's only noticeable if you're looking at it directly, and close. Minor issue to me.

I have the tiniest of gap on mine. It's only noticeable if you're looking at it directly, and close. Minor issue to me.

Thanks, that's kind of what I suspected, I guess you could fiddle with it and slightly bend the peg to get it to sit flatter but I am not bothered by that and like you said slight gap is only real noticeable if your looking for it.

No kidding? Good thing I got mine, then...

40232807432_87d8103838_k.jpg

Link to the review, which I took down because of an audio problem.

https://youtu.be/5pqUW3KKVxY

Last edited:
Awesome review Rook! :)

I really want this statue but my wallet is saying no. Hopefully later I can pick it up when its on waitlist. The edition size is large..so I think my chances are good.

It's on wait list now,
I think its osafe to say this has been a huge success, it has a high edition run and already gone.
They'll have to expand the range now with more dragons and hopefully hiccup.

It's on wait list now,
I think its osafe to say this has been a huge success, it has a high edition run and already gone.
They'll have to expand the range now with more dragons and hopefully hiccup.

Because of its edition size I really doubt that's it's truly sold out.

It's more likely that their current batch of produced pieces has been allocated, as they produce their high edition statues in batches.

Picked this little guy up a couple of weeks ago. He came out perfect! Hope we get a Hiccup sometime in the future :)

1688x2250.jpeg.eecf9efbec8e40259be384b17811fb0b.large

We know sideshow likeness with humans can be hit and miss, more miss.
What about animated humans, could Sideshow deliver an awesome Hiccup?

This line is too good to pass SS. We are waiting for more characters.

Having just seen the latest installment tonight, we need more pieces from this line. I still love my Toothless statue.
Movie was excellent by the way, perfect end to the trilogy, bought a tear to my eye.

Having just seen the latest installment tonight, we need more pieces from this line. I still love my Toothless statue.
Movie was excellent by the way, perfect end to the trilogy, bought a tear to my eye.

So jealous!!! Does it tie back at all to any of the Netflix series?

Does NJ have early releases of a movie that is not released until February 22 ???

Back