Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This new belt is much more pleather-y (with the black fabric backer) then the older SSC Han holsters which seem to be a better material (more like leather - color and sheen) and seem a bit more accurate. At least the smuggler one I have is.

The new Han Hoth belt material reminds me of the material that the Hasbro Lando skiff's loincloth/belt/holster was made from - glossy brown on one side, black fabric on the other. Unfortunately a lot of that type of pleather goes bad in time like Walrusman's jacket. The old smuggler belt I have has to be nearly ten years old and seems fine.

I like the feel of the new belt, but I could see it being something that deteriorates over time... just have to wait and see I guess. It does seem like Sideshow did the best job on the ANH belt, but this one is at least works better than the ESB one I had on the custom... I couldn't get that to stay closed after the nub on the buckle got warped.

Just heard back from Sideshow about my replacement gauntlet. They were very speedy in responding. I filled out the form yesterday and got a confirmation today that they would send the new piece. I was actually a little wary of contacting them at all since I've been hearing a lot of people here being frustrated when trying to contact Sideshow, saying it's taken days or weeks! Good to know they are back on track and makes me glad I ordered directly from them.

Looks great without gloves. Feels more Harrison/Solo like for some reason.
Those eyes though, because they seem to stare into thin air, it makes it look like something shocking is happening to his derrière.

Probe droid?

Hood up for me. :lol

I think that's why this shot worked so well because they perfectly nailed Ford staring off confused expression. :lol

IMG_7347.JPGOriginal Trilogy - Han Solo 07.jpg

He means just you.

That's not what I meant.

"Code of Conduct
Community forums are at their best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy.

Trolling, Attacks and Flaming:
· Trolling is posting in a way solely designed to provoke a negative response.
· Attacks and derogatory terms of any kind are not welcome.
· Flames are messages that personally attack or call any people names or otherwise harass. These, along with any generally condescending posts will be edited or removed at the moderators discretion."

Ok, got this guy today in hand. Opened, handled figure and everything else in that half of the package. Looked it all over, moved parts around, etc. No idea (yet) which body version is under the clothing, but after measuring height I may replace with a Narrow-Shoulder style even if it's not off - the HT-style arms are just much better, IMO. As for the rest of the figure? Honestly, I feel this meets or exceeds Hot Toys quality level, including the paint.

My main initial conclusion is that there have been some very unflattering photos taken of this figure. My advice to anyone thinking about getting it: Take all the best photos and expect something that looks a level better still.

Ok, got this guy today in hand. Opened, handled figure and everything else in that half of the package. Looked it all over, moved parts around, etc. No idea (yet) which body version is under the clothing, but after measuring height I may replace with a Narrow-Shoulder style even if it's not off - the HT-style arms are just much better, IMO. As for the rest of the figure? Honestly, I feel this meets or exceeds Hot Toys quality level, including the paint.

My main initial conclusion is that there have been some very unflattering photos taken of this figure. My advice to anyone thinking about getting it: Take all the best photos and expect something that looks a level better still.

Agree. I've owned every hi end 1/6th scale Han ever made (except the very bad initial Medicom release) and this is easily the best one to date.

Yeah after seeing all the great pics on here, and seeing all the different options there are for posing and displaying him, I finally decided to reorder this. The Hoth Luke I saw at my comic shop was much more impressive in hand than I expected, so I can only imagine the Han will look great in hand as well. :)

If it had cloth boots then I'd say it would be almost on par with Hot Toys quality but really it's the only major gripe I have with this figure. Easily the best Ford sculpt to date and is reassuring that TOD Indy will turn out surprisingly decent.

Back