Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know most people still like the blue coat more than the brown one. But this lady has one definitive answer. :monkey3

How laughable. The question isn't the color the coat actually is, but how it appeared on-screen. Anyone who has been to the MOM-type shows has seen what she is showing.

And who is she exactly as some kind of authority? A caretaker of props for a few years at Lucasfilm? I mean, seriously.:lol

Can we settle the debate about Han's Bespin jacket too? Blue or Black? Cuz it's BLUE, Corellian Blue. Like the Hoth coat. Why the hell would he wear BROWN?!?!? Solo is consistent with his attire to arbitrarily break his fashion code.

Haha I don't see the point in arguing over the color of the coat. Even if people get definitive evidence and screenshot after screenshot proving that its brown, there's still people that say its blue. It may look blue in certain shots because of lighting and other factors but its still a brown coat.

If it had cloth boots then I'd say it would be almost on par with Hot Toys quality but really it's the only major gripe I have with this figure. Easily the best Ford sculpt to date and is reassuring that TOD Indy will turn out surprisingly decent.

Honestly I never even noticed the boots were sculpted until it was pointed out on here. And it doesn't really jump out at me in any of the in hand pics I've seen.

I have a few gripes with this figure (fur, how tight the hood is) but really like it overall. I think it looks better on the pro 1.2 as that has the broader shoulders. Even more impressed with Luke (no complaints). I had lower expectations for that Luke and higher expectations with Han, so I'm sure that's part of it.

Rubber boots on a "High End" $200 figure look Hasbro-ish. Whatevs. I've upgraded mine. Fortunately that's the only upgrade/mod necessary unlike Hoth Luke but that is another story...

And that DX Batman had rubber issues... leaky abs, cracking and splitting suit... the list of rubber issues with 1:6 goes on...

And that DX Batman had rubber issues... leaky abs, cracking and splitting suit... the list of rubber issues with 1:6 goes on...

I know the list of HT rubber issues is long, but has SSC had any rubber issues? I have SSC smuggler Han boots (maybe eight years old?) that are very rubbery plastic and they seem fine.

The irony is that I've had more issues with "pleather" type material disintegrating than rubber. I had one of those pairs of DID officer boots (that everyone seems to love for Han) crack on one of the creases, then within six months pieces of black coating had separated from the backer material. They were totally gone a year later. The pleather on most Hasbro figures has (admittedly after 10-15 years though) totally disintegrated - Walrusman's jacket, 4-LOM's trenchcoatcoat, JarJar's pants etc.

So how well those HT Bespin boots fare is an open question. I have four pairs of them, so I hope they last. They aren't quite "pleather" but they do have a similar construction.

So how well those HT Bespin boots fare is an open question. I have four pairs of them, so I hope they last. They aren't quite "pleather" but they do have a similar construction.

Yeah those boots do feel pretty thin and soft. They look amazing so I hope they last, but I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually start to crack.

Yeah those boots do feel pretty thin and soft. They look amazing so I hope they last, but I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually start to crack.

Based on what I've seen, I think they will. However...

While I would never buy another pair of those DID boots, I did manage to salvage the disintegrated boots. I stripped all the coating off then painted them black maybe four times until the fabric mesh wasn't visible then put on gloss. They actually look a bit more like real leather than they did when they were new.:lol

DX12 has had none of those issues. My point was that more often than not, Hot Toys uses a polymer based footwear, whether it be rubber-like or harder resin/plastic like. The boots on these Hoth figures are excellent, and beat, hands down, any customizations I've yet seen of the Bespin boots. Will they last forever? Maybe, maybe not. But they're well made and look the part. I have plenty of rubber and vinyl toys that are 30 or 40+ years old in perfect shape. In reference to some other posts, all my 1977/78 and 1997/98 Kenner and Hasbro SW items are in mint like-new condition in terms of soft-goods.

IMO, if anyone says this figure is not at or above typical Hot Toys level, they're being disingenuous. This figure is what everyone has been waiting for Sideshow to do. Hopefully they keep it up and only get better.

Last edited:
Back