Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly: I see that the coat was both in the film. So we are all right. :horror

:goodpost:

Yeah, it's the truth. It looks 100% blue in some scenes and yet is indisputably brown in others.

Trying to argue over a 35 year old jacket that clearly was dyed back then (from what color to what color is hard to say) and went through great extremes of temperature and the rigors of filming/transport is a little silly. How the coat appears onscreen is the final arbiter and the answer to that is BOTH blue and brown are "screen accurate."

As I mentioned before, the ATAT driver's costume armor has been definitively proven as being a light-medium grey (and Mollo's sketches clearly show it as designed as a mid-grey color) but onscreen they look white so that's the way we saw them, and the way collectibles should depict it.

The fact we all had the Kenner figure lands me firmly in the blue camp for Han's coat (and um... it's the exclusive version - hello!) I mean SSC goes out of its way to stoke Kenner nostalgia with so many releases so why resist, right?

I also do feel the blue sets Han apart from the Hoth rebel brown/tan/beige, in keeping with Han's outsider vibe, and is therefore makes him a bit more stand-out in the eventual Hoth line-up display.

I still have not seen scenes where is 100% blue, except maybe when he's dismounting the Tauntaun right below a blue light, but I suppose (just like others said) people see what they want to see...

Just to step away from the whole blue or brown thing. How does this sculpt hold up? Better than HT?

I still have not seen scenes where is 100% blue, except maybe when he's dismounting the Tauntaun right below a blue light, but I suppose (just like others said) people see what they want to see...

referees_wide-8bf4ef8fb6dcf8531b75463cf4db8002ec6c93b2.jpg

I have the Han on Flex Pay. Will the schedule for the Flexpay Payments be adjusted to the new expected shipping date or will payments stay as they are scheduled right now for the old shipping date?

Maybe someone can answer this. Thanks in advance.

From my own experience, Sideshow adapt payment plan to availability as postponements are made public. Even if you already paid first flex, they should wait for the remaining ones so the last payment takes place when Han's ready to ship.

From my own experience, Sideshow adapt payment plan to availability as postponements are made public. Even if you already paid first flex, they should wait for the remaining ones so the last payment takes place when Han's ready to ship.
Thx for the answer.
Got mail today. They moved my Flexpay payment schedules each one month ahead.

I'm glad. I'm rethinking STAR WARS collection. I'm thinking HT only.

Do I really need Luke/Han in all their outfits? Not just Luke's primary, but his location-based outfit as well? Hoth? Endor? Might stick to Tattoine, Bespin, Jedi and Pilot. Four seems like plenty Lukes to me now.

It gets crazy fast to collect all their looks.

LUKE
Tatooine
Stormtrooper
Pilot
Ceremonial
Hoth
Hoth Pilot
Dagobah/Bespin
Luke Jedi
Luke Poncho

HAN
Tatooine
Stormtrooper
Hoth
Bespin
Endor

Do I really need Luke/Han in all their outfits? Not just Luke's primary, but his location-based outfit as well? Hoth? Endor? Might stick to Tattoine, Bespin, Jedi and Pilot. Four seems like plenty Lukes to me now.

LUKE
Tatooine
Stormtrooper
Pilot
Ceremonial
Hoth
Hoth Pilot
Dagobah/Bespin
Luke Jedi
Luke Poncho

HAN
Tatooine
Stormtrooper
Hoth
Bespin
Endor

If you are SW focussed only like me, most of those you need (not Ceremonial or Poncho and possibly even either stormie, don't love Endor Han) but if you are more broadly based - BTTF, Terminator, Marvel, Robocop... it's pick one Han and one Luke or get a second mortgage.:lol

These are the best of times, the worst of times...

Wow...so Han's due in January, Luke in February and the Tauntaun is still listed for December? So anyone picking that up is going to have it sitting there with no rider for a month (or longer).

Trying to remember...did this happen with the Dewback and the Desert Sandie when they cam out?

Not a big deal or anything...just curious.

LUKE
Tatooine
Stormtrooper
Pilot
Ceremonial
Hoth
Hoth Pilot
Dagobah/Bespin
Luke Jedi
Luke Poncho

HAN
Tatooine
Stormtrooper
Hoth
Bespin
Endor

Earlier this year I realized that my collection is such a revolving door of me being sucked in to awesome preorder pics, buying something, and then liquidating it when the next cool thing comes around that I actually created a few boards on Pinterest with my favorite 20 movies, my favorite 5 movies, a few dozen of my favorite statues and figures just so I can get a bird's eye view of what I like, love, and love with a burning passion. It was pretty eye opening, being able to step back and be like, "wow, this figure that I thought was a grand slam homerun is from a movie that didn't even crack my top 20. Do I really care enough to own it?"

Its funny but I've actually been able to somewhat distill the expanse of my interests down to about four or five PF's and figures that for lack of a better word "define" me. Then I get to decide, okay, just how far from that handful do I need to go and spend any time, energy, and money acquiring something else? The answer? Not much.

Anyway I just say that because like you if I don't have an overhead view of what I want then I'll just get sucked in to each new awesome "Luke Skywalker" figure that HT previews and before I know it I'll turn around and have 9 figures of the same guy.

I'm happy with 5. Tatooine, X-Wing, Hoth, Bespin and Jedi.

Han is easier. Smuggler, Hoth, Bespin.

Leia...Princess, Hoth, maybe Bespin, and Slave (which is a long shot to even happen).

It helps that I don't give a damn about any other property, and that those figures are pretty much all I want from Hot Toys.

The amount and price of new Star Wars figures from SS and HT is going to force most people to pick and choose what they really want and can afford, whether they realize it now or not.

Devil, that's still 12 figures.... of 3 characters.

I like Luke, I like Han, I like Leia.... but there's tons of other characters I like better (and not just in SW).

Like Khev said, I think looking at the outcome -- the overview -- gives perspective. For me at least. I love the Hoth outfits, but I only need 2 Lukes tops and one Han -- the rest of my SW shelf needs to be Chewie, droids, Vader, trooper, Ben, Yoda, etc. Not a bunch of Lukes.

I have to have Bespin Luke -- my personal fav outfit. Now I get to choose between Pilot Luke, Farmboy Luke, Hoth Luke and Jedi Luke for that coveted last spot #2.

For Han, I like Bespin look the best personally, but I'm going for ANH with the central heroes -- so that's my Han.

At least I don't have to worry about blue or brown coat. :lol

Devil, that's still 12 figures.... of 3 characters.

I like Luke, I like Han, I like Leia.... but there's tons of other characters I like better (and not just in SW).

Like Khev said, I think looking at the outcome -- the overview -- gives perspective. For me at least. I love the Hoth outfits, but I only need 2 Lukes tops and one Han -- the rest of my SW shelf needs to be Chewie, droids, Vader, trooper, Ben, Yoda, etc. Not a bunch of Lukes.

I have to have Bespin Luke -- my personal fav outfit. Now I get to choose between Pilot Luke, Farmboy Luke, Hoth Luke and Jedi Luke for that coveted last spot #2.

For Han, I like Bespin look the best personally, but I'm going for ANH with the central heroes -- so that's my Han.

At least I don't have to worry about blue or brown coat. :lol

Wait... you aren't even getting a Hoth Han?

Wait... you aren't even getting a Hoth Han?

I think I've just come to that realization. After all the fun I had giving Rory... blue balls.

Now I'm having Hoth withdrawals. It's my favorite outfit style but if you get Hoth Luke then you got to get Hoth Han then you have to get Hoth Leia... on and on. Best to not even start.

Truthfully, if I'm blown away by the Sideshow stuff I may change my mind and "have to have them". But with SS's track record with human offerings, my odds are good I can make a clean break.

My new "core band of heroes" as it were is going to be STAR WARS (ANH), so I like where HT is headed. Once I have those core 7 heroes, then we'll see what my OCD does then. :lol

Back