Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Realistically, I'd only get two Leia figures, so call it ten, plus Chewie, the droids, Ben Kenobi, Yoda, Lando, and three Vaders. I have everything under control. :lol

X-Wing Luke is not a lock by any means, but Hoth Han and Luke were my favorite Kenner figures. I'll drop anything else before them.

if you get Hoth Luke then you got to get Hoth Han then you have to get Hoth Leia... on and on. Best to not even start.

For me Luke on a tauntaun does serve as a singular iconic image representative of Hoth. I wouldn't *have* to get Han, Leia, etc., to feel like a Hoth setup was complete (tempting as that might be.)

For me Luke on a tauntaun does serve as a singular iconic image representative of Hoth. I wouldn't *have* to get Han, Leia, etc., to feel like a Hoth setup was complete (tempting as that might be.)

I agree. But then don't you need a Trooper on Dewback, and a Speeder Bike with Scout, to truly represent rides in the OT.

See, it's never ending.

Here's a trick though: you could get Luke Hoth Pilot to cover both Rebel Pilot in ANH AND cold-weather Luke in ESB! I like that idea.

I think I should probably sell most of my army of Iron Men to brace for the Star Wars onslaught.

No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You can’t collect both Star Wars and Iron Men. :lecture

I love the X-Wing flight suit, but I've always had a very special place in my heart for the Snowspeeder one.

I love the X-Wing flight suit, but I've always had a very special place in my heart for the Snowspeeder one.

Damn it. Yeah, that one is much cooler. I want to say that the X-Wing suit is more classic as Kenner figures go, but then I think of how much I loved my Snowspeeder, and ESB is the greatest movie ever...

Good thing there's a Hoth Luke figure to cover that half of the film. Perfect grounds for rationalizing limiting myself.

I guess I'm at the point where one Iron Man doll would be enough to represent him in my collection, but Star Wars is on a whole other level in my collecting world. I mean, I love Scarlett as Black Widow, but how many different figures do I need of her with different hairstyles? Probably best to pick your favorite haircut and be done with it.

On the other hand, I gotta have all the different Leia styles that are made.

Here's a trick though: you could get Luke Hoth Pilot to cover both Rebel Pilot in ANH AND cold-weather Luke in ESB! I like that idea.

Oh it's more than that. This image of Luke is truly all-encompassing of his character.

LukeSnowspeederPilotDagobah.jpg

Blaster in his hand representing his gun battles, lightsaber on his hip representing his Jedi qualities, cold weather pilot suit that he wore while flying both the snowspeeder (Hoth) and X-Wing (space) on his way to Dagobah (more Jedi stuff.)

Now that's my kind of OCD! :clap

:duff

Also remember that what we call "Bespin Han" is also pretty all encompassing for any ESB theme you want. He wore that outfit in Echo Base, the asteroid field, and of course Bespin (with a little carry over into Jabba's palace and the Sarlacc pit minus the jacket.)

59.jpg

Just get these two figures when HT gets around to them and call it a day. :)

Back