Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Even though I'm firmly in the blue coat camp and it's the version I will get, I would have still liked the option to switch out the coats. Who really knows how the final product will end up looking like? Maybe the blue will be much more bright and garish than in these photos and will look terrible in hand. And maybe the brown will have a more grey/neutral cast that will look better in hand. It would all depend on the kind of lighting you will eventually be displaying the figure.

And comparing it to Luke, it doesn't seem unreasonable that they both have two head sculpts for the regular version, and the blue coat to have been the ex.

image_zps20ff6096.jpg

I think I am going to with brown yo match Luke!

Yep - after posting that I realized that little word makes all the difference doesn't it? Oh well, we'll see what actually happens today.

I think the brown looks better, but I also want blue for old time's sake.

Since Sideshow is making collectors choose, and to satisfy my own curiosity, I watched bits of the ESB Original Theatrical version DVD, then the Special Edition DVD, and the Blu-ray.

In all cases Han's coat appears unmistakably brown. In the close-ups while he's talking to C-3PO under the Falcon in Echo Base the coat takes on a blue tinge from the lamps around the ship, but as soon as Han turns to speak to the rebel soldier the coat reverts to brown.

Were the original cinema screenings really so different as to convince audiences that the coat was blue? Or was it years of having blue-coated action figures that played with the mind?

Looking forward to this figure even more than Luke, but I couldn't have one without the other. (And same goes for the coats!)

I truly believe that because Kenner released the figure with a blue coat most people choose to imagine it in that color. It's a trick of the mind called scatoma......the mind sees what it chooses.

All of the physical evidence proves that the screen worn jacket worn by Harrison Ford was in fact brown. The Lucas archives also acknowledges the fact not only in their exhibits but also with archives documentation that the jacket it's self is also brown and not blue. The only blue grey hoth jacket is that of the filming miniature. That in of itself allows the option for anyone here to get brown or blue and still technically be correct.

Has anyone here heard of the time in which this figure will become available for preorder?

I gotta be honest, I think the brown parka actually does look better than the blue here. Still, I'm sticking to my guns and getting the blue. I think the blue will look better when weathered a bit.

The exclusive should have included both coats. Separating the two is unfortunate. I am debating getting Luke and Han as well as one Taun Taun.

No Taun Taun for me. It's just pricey at close to a $1,000 for all three. Nope just the figures for me. Just don't think the TaunTaun is worth $400 after shipping.

I hope there is no NRD...aside from the 66 Batman duo, I want to order this figure...and cancel it just as fast...I am really not sure about this one....I like the new pics today...but still not sure....

What new pics today?

The official preorder usuallys includes a couple pics not shown on the Tuesday preview.

I think I'm going with the blue! Even though its too clean and not the correct shade of blue I still just prefer that look. Hopefully they tweak the color just a bit to better match the film and Tippett puppet before release.

Back