Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The official preorder usuallys includes a couple pics not shown on the Tuesday preview.

I think I'm going with the blue! Even though its too clean and not the correct shade of blue I still just prefer that look. Hopefully they tweak the color just a bit to better match the film and Tippett puppet before release.

I have been on the sideshow website and don't see new photos nor preorder?

Gotcha. I
misunderstood the other poster. I thought he saw new photos,

When do you think the preorder will come up?

I think they usually go up around 3:00 pm EST. Could be wrong though. Since nothing sells out quickly anymore I don't really keep track.

Even though I don't believe Han wore a brown coat in the movie that's how he was presented in this 1980 Boris Vallejo Coca-Cola magazine ad:

hothBoris-sm.jpg

I really wish Sideshow would let us buy both without having to get two separate figures.

Even though I don't believe Han wore a brown coat in the movie

Facts aren't for everyone. ;) Which isn't weird at all, I suppose - there are stranger beliefs out there: some 50% of Americans don't believe in evolution (actually 57% if you include only Republicans and 33% including only Democrats).

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but if you do a significant item count for this figure and compare it with the recently announced Hoth Luke, plus factor in the bit that Sideshow Alex shared about the coats not being the exclusive item, then you can equate Han's large radio thing as the equivalent of Luke's second head sculpt. And Han's second Exclusive head to Luke's exclusive third head.

I don't agree with it, but that's how I've been able to break it down by the numbers from Sideshow's perspective. Obviously it would be a lot more fan friendly to have only two versions, regular and exclusive, both including the two head sculpts and the exclusive including the additional blue parka. Simple, standard, expected, easy to understand. Compared to Luke however, there might be more production cost in this setup - see above.

I truly believe that because Kenner released the figure with a blue coat most people choose to imagine it in that color. It's a trick of the mind called scatoma......the mind sees what it chooses.

Apparently Photoshop and its open source brethern also played with Kenner figures when they were young, because they manage to be 'tricked' into seeing blue in actual film stills as well. :lol

Apparently Photoshop and its open source brethern also played with Kenner figures when they were young, because they manage to be 'tricked' into seeing blue in actual film stills as well. :lol

Regardless of what source material they used, The coat worn by Harrison was and still is brown. Kenner dropped the ball....not an unusual circumstance.

Sorry that some simply can't accept that fact, but doesn't change that it's still a fact. Then again a ton of people around the world still don't believe that man has ever landed on the moon.

Believe what you will, and choose the color that bests suits your desire.:clap

When the original negative was cleaned up and transferred digitally they also color corrected the original print thus allowing you to see the actual colors of most of the wardrobe and set surrounding.

What I saw in the cinema in 1980 was certainly not much different than what was released on DVD. It's nothing more than a myth when people insist that they saw one color over another. It's personal perception 30 years after the fact supported by miscolored action figures and art that was released after the movie all primarily based on photo stills of the 1980 film print.

This debate is as endless as who shot Kennedy. Live and let live each choose a color which is why sideshow provided both options let's all be happy that were at least getting the figure regardless of what jacket color we choose God bless happy new year

I can't wait for this to go up for order. I think once it goes up I'll make a decision on which color to go with. As of now still don't know.

I think I'll go with my favorite color blue and just pick up the brown coat later on, but I need to see spec's also then choose.

Because Photoshop or any other tool has the capability to pick up original fabric colors when an entire scene has been shifted blue due to lighting. Learn how to color correct and use your tools, don't let that lack of understanding bend the facts.

Honestly, the more you repeat the Photoshop line, the more you're showing you don't understand how it works. It doesn't help the coat argument because everyone else can see the blue light without the need to color sample in Photoshop. And below that blue light, most people can see a brown coat.

Is anyone planning on using the hasbro taun taun's i 've been procastinating picking 1 or 2 up before other's do and price go's up.

hmm didnt think were too bad. I 've been waiting for some one to do some taun taun head mounts for my jabba's palace set up. I hope someone might make some recast's from these taun tauns then maybe after they get released , or just cut off a hasbro one and paint him. Then use the rest to cut open. The ex should be luke's light up saber ,maybe.

Back