Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kept it simple as not to confuse people, and i WAS only referring to his outerwear. if you'd like, I CAN give you a much more detailed analysis of his character design, and what it's intended to tell us about him.

And I DO agree with your simple breakdown of the why's there, it DOES make sense. you'll also notice we saw han use blasters less and less across the trilogy
To reiterate, I prefer the brown coat for hoth.

I'd like to read what you have to say on this, because it sounds like you're making things up (I hope I'm wrong).

He instantly tried to shoot Darth Vader in the face (unprovoked - other than the fact that it's Darth Vader). Here's what I recall (just from memory):

ESB:
Blasted the Probe Droid
Used the Falcon's weapons to blast the snowtroopers
Blasted the mynock
Blasted Darth Vader
...i.e. EVERY time he was in control of a laser weapon, he used it.

RotJ:
Attempted to sneak up on the scout (blaster in hand - pulled the trigger as he got punched - empty hand when he landed - proceeded to beat the scout to a pulp with his bare hands)
Ewoks - had no fear of them. Pulled out his blaster, ready to shoot, stopped by Luke
In front of the shield generator - blasted four stormtroopers. Laid cover for Leia so she could blast two more.
Inside the shield generator - no blaster, but threw the remaining charges at the Imperial officer (he fell to his death, I imagine)

So, as I recall, Han used a blaster EVERY time he was able to.

Dying for your analysis.

And I'm a firm believer of blue, baby! :)

You can only really "win" if someone else loses. :wink1:

Edit: Also, how else would those who trust in the righteous goodness of Kenner demonstrate our innate superiority relative to other Star Wars fans?

well the ones that lose are the ones that don't buy it, yes? :lol

So ill just say again, if they are giving us both a Brown & Blue jacket, then there is really no need to debate or discuss. Just comes down to whatever you prefer. Display by what the prop looks like, or display what it looks like on film. And you can switch it out if you like too anytime you want.

All this back n forth, I just don't see what the big deal is, everyone wins, right? :)

We're getting a great looking and highly anticipated figure...So I say "yes", Star Wars fans win! :yess:

Okay, ESB was on Spike last night and I watched the entire Hoth sequence.

There is no way anyone, without any prior knowledge of the actual prop, could possibly think the coat was nothing but dark blue. Believe me, I was watching TRYING REALLY HARD to see brown and did not. Blue in all the scenes. There was only one part where you could possibly see it as brown and that's when he goes to get a taun taun and says "Then I'll see you in hell!". But everywhere else, the coat was blue. The scene where he puts his hand over Threepio's mouth is the most blue it looks.

I'll also say that Han constantly switching to his Bespin jacket and seeing how that jacket looked on Hoth adds to seeing the big coat blue, since you see the Hoth coat look and react to the light pretty much the same as the Bespin jacket.

Since there's no way to judge conflicting sense perceptions between any two people, all they need to do is say, "It looks brown to me." :dunno

I've never seen a brown coat on screen. I think some have said the blu-ray has a brown coat, but I trust the Star Wars blu-rays as far as I can spit them (and that's after I chew them up---don't give my teeth more credit than they deserve). However, it's possible that the blu-ray editions are what the channel was showing, so...

Since there's no way to judge conflicting sense perceptions between any two people, all they need to do is say, "It looks brown to me." :dunno

I've never seen a brown coat on screen. I think some have said the blu-ray has a brown coat, but I trust the Star Wars blu-rays as far as I can spit them (and that's after I chew them up---don't give my teeth more credit than they deserve). However, it's possible that the blu-ray editions are what the channel was showing, so...

I was just having a bit of fun with that post. :)

Personally, I'm colorblind so it's hard to even trust what I think is the right color. I've just been enjoying this little back and forth with the coat thing.

I was just having a bit of fun with that post. :)

Personally, I'm colorblind so it's hard to even trust what I think is the right color. I've just been enjoying this little back and forth with the coat thing.

I'm also color blind, and its always looked dark blue to me. The first time I found out about the whole blue/brown thing was when Hasbro came out with their different Hoth Han figures back in early 2000's. I really don't care what color the prop was, in natural lighting the figure will look more screen accurate with a blue coat.

Also, I just prefer blue to brown when looking at the entire color palette used in the Hoth sequences.

Also, I just prefer blue to brown when looking at the entire color palette used in the Hoth sequences.

Ah ha! There we have it. Finally, a true admission. He "prefers" blue... as I believe most here do.

Admittedly, I too prefer the blue -- if it was -- which it is not -- as it is certainly brown -- but I like pretty blue better than poo-poo brown.

PS: I wouldn't trust subtle color differences broadcast on television. And a lot of you on this board grew up watching Star Wars on television with crap broadcasted images. The only way to truly tell is to go back in a time machine of your own design and see it projected in a theater at the time. That's what I'm going to do.

well the ones that lose are the ones that don't buy it, yes? :lol

Unless something were to happen to all those little brown coats before they reached America... :monkey3

Mam(futurama).png

Ah ha! There we have it. Finally, a true admission. He "prefers" blue... as I believe most here do.

Admittedly, I too prefer the blue -- if it was -- which it is not -- as it is certainly brown -- but I like pretty blue better than poo-poo brown.

PS: I wouldn't trust subtle color differences broadcast on television. And a lot of you on this board grew up watching Star Wars on television with crap broadcasted images. The only way to truly tell is to go back in a time machine of your own design and see it projected in a theater at the time. That's what I'm going to do.

Me too.
I'm leaving in a few hours. :yess:

_1262097946.jpg

Back