Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aaaactualy,that's not true. Posted way back in the thread was a 80's hasbro color guide/ style guide for that look of han. Hasbro was told, on the style guide what color to use, and goofed, either becuase of a typo ( as they image on the style guide was black and white, with numeric color codes) Or just a goof.

Either/or, he comes with both, use the one you like best.

There IS a way to get a definite answer. Ask George Lucas what Color he intended han's coat to be.

I WILL say, that a blue coat makes more sense with han's Blue/black color scheme

is it coming with both? I thought SSC said they used the prop thats brown as their guide to what color they are making it.

picture.php

Funniest thing I've seen all week! :rotfl

is it coming with both? I thought SSC said they used the prop thats brown as their guide to what color they are making it.

From the newsletter...

Following the release of Commander Luke Skywalker and Tauntaun, the Captain Han Solo Sixth Scale Figure will be coming soon to join the Rebellion on Hoth!

There’s only one thing left for you to decide...does the Star Wars scoundrel look best wearing blue or brown?

The color discussion reminds me of this.
[ame]https://youtu.be/5-aWWWaYGvA[/ame]

What blue/black color scheme? You mean because in ANH he wore a black vest and blue pants? But he wore brown pants in ESB and ROTJ. Blue went out the window after ANH.

Anh Black Vest

ESP Cloud city Jacked Dark Navy Blue

ROTJ Back Vest.

So a BLue jacket on hoth would match the Color pallette they picked for his character design.

Han's color pallete was blues and blacks, with complimentary colors ( some browns here and there for waacents ( belts, pants, etc)

Luke's color pallette was earth tones, to reflect his desert planet home.

these generaly aren't simply arbitrary decisions on the parts of the set and costume designers.

Anh Black Vest

ESP Cloud city Jacked Dark Navy Blue

ROTJ Back Vest.

So a BLue jacket on hoth would match the Color pallette they picked for his character design.

Han's color pallete was blues and blacks, with complimentary colors ( some browns here and there for waacents ( belts, pants, etc)

That's a very simplistic breakdown that a child would formulate. Where's the "blue" in Han's outfit for ROTJ; the black vest, light brown shirt and brown pants.

Looks more like Han goes from 'blue' to 'brown' over the course of the trilogy, with ESB being that midpoint where the colors switch. Not sure why; maybe has to do with his change from "cool selfish" (blue) to a warmer, kinder" (brown) captain.

You can't just take the "outer item worn over torso" and formulate your opinion of the color scheme without considering all his colors worn. If you did that, you would have to count Hoth's brown coat. :D

I don't know what say to all this info. Only that if I were a betting person, I'd have no problems whatsoever wagering that we've spent far more time thinking about these decisions than the producers of the movies did when they originally made them.

Most of Star Wars is RETCON. The explanations are created AFTER the fact. The whole Trilogy thing came so late into development, let alone so many other details. The triple trilogy thing? Yeah, even later than that. "Episode 4" not part of the original release. Etc. There isn't supposed to be any difference in Stormtrooper armor between movies. No differences in Vader's. That's all just production changes on a whim or simply to look more current/cool - or because original props were lost and/or damaged and people working on that stuff had poor continuity controls - such things have no in-world/plot explanations/reasons.

So for me, I can see they tried to give ESB's Echo Base and Hoth scenes a blue cast, but the coat can still very easily be seen to be brown. So when I set up a display, I'd like to do the same thing and have the option of casting blue myself - very easy with LEDs, even white ones with colored gels. I'm already using lighting gels in my Indy and Superman displays. ;)

I don't know what say to all this info. Only that if I were a betting person, I'd have no problems whatsoever wagering that we've spent far more time thinking about these decisions than the producers of the movies did when they originally made them.

Most of Star Wars is RETCON. The explanations are created AFTER the fact. The whole Trilogy thing came so late into development, let alone so many other details. The triple trilogy thing? Yeah, even later than that. "Episode 4" not part of the original release. Etc. There isn't supposed to be any difference in Stormtrooper armor between movies. No differences in Vader's. That's all just production changes on a whim or simply to look more current/cool - or because original props were lost and/or damaged and people working on that stuff had poor continuity controls - such things have no in-world/plot explanations/reasons.

So for me, I can see they tried to give ESB's Echo Base and Hoth scenes a blue cast, but the coat can still very easily be seen to be brown. So when I set up a display, I'd like to do the same thing and have the option of casting blue myself - very easy with LEDs, even white ones with colored gels. I'm already using lighting gels in my Indy and Superman displays. ;)
:exactly: If its brown, its an homage to the real prop. If its blue then it looks like what it did on Hoth for most of the scenes. Really no big deal either way since both are correct. :dunno The 89 Batmobile wasnt painted Black in reality. But it looks black on screen because of the way they did the lighting for the film. Some want it painted accurately to the prop, some dont...

so if they supply both jackets for Han then its a win/win. :)

Back