Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice that someone on my ignore list follows me from thread to thread, often posting right after I do, thinking for some reason that I can see what they're posting. Silly rabbits.

all this hostility over was the coat brown or blue? LOL. Lets at least fight about something more relevant like who shot first? Im sure one of you knuckleheads thinks it was Greedo! cmon lighten up. its a GD jacket. you should be pissed it costs $200. thats an argument.

Actually my hostility has nothing to do with which colour people choose. It arrises from several days of smug, insulting comments from a handful of people on the brown side. When the site came back up, Hollywood (among others) was right back at it with multiple posts, despite now having the hypocrisy to applaud yours as if he is above it all.

I contrast the attitude I am criticizing with another "brown camp" denizen, Wor-Gar, who despite playfully chiding the blue coat side for days managed to do so without deriding us as ignorant or deluded for choosing blue. He also had the integrity to acknowledge the evidence people on the side opposite him have presented, instead of waving it away in some posture of superiority.

This is about debating like adults over what is a mix of competing evidence and personal preference. The colour choice is irrelevant.

Maybe you're too young to remember, but there has *always* been a blue/brown controversy with this coat and the Kenner figure. This did not start with the Sideshow figure, it did not start with the DVD release and it did not start with the Hasbro re-releases. This was present right from the outset. You can rewrite history in your own mind I suppose, but them's the facts.

So since you seem to be reluctant to actually post analysis of film scenes, please at the very least post some independent evidence for this supposed debate over the Kenner figure in the early 80's.

As for the analysis of the film stills, your continued refusal to post competing evidence

The film stills HAVE been posted. This is why your posts are so infuriating. You just don't follow the thread. I'll let you figure out the rest in Google yourself. Anyone who has been collecting a long time will be very familiar with the brown vs. blue debate. Anyone who hasn't can read accounts from collectors who have.

I've spent a few hours today creating a CSS override file to address a lot of the complaints with the new forum layout/theme - that can benefit a lot of people. I'm not going to spend time trying to satisfy one person's inability to use Google.

Last edited:
I haven't been this conflicted since the original Kenner Luke figure with yellow lightsaber!

Oh oh! The ObiWan 12" also had a yellow saber, yet the 3-3/4 figure, also released as part of the first 12 with Luke, had blue. If there's one thing Kenner was consistent about, it was their inconsistency. ;)

Talk about a never ending debate. Where is a wardrobe director or prop master when you need them to resolve this question? I'm ordering the brown because from the screen grabs and publicity stills it seems to be the correct color. But the folks at SS are really being tools about this. They should have offered one figure with two jackets but instead they do two complete figures. the greedy so-and-sos. I'm sure the parkas will show up in the secondary though.

Ordered Blue. It's the color I always remember it being. My wife even said it's blue and she's only ever seen ESB twice! Get what you like and what you will enjoy on your shelf. As stated before SSC should have offered the additonal coat as an exclusive.

Did anyone else notice that the blue looked more subdued in this picture?

21342-product-silo.png

Blue? that's clearly Black!

Atleast, on the new forum background it's black :lol

Ordered the blue one, will buy the brown jacked later on secondary breakdowns.

For me this debate can go on forever even if the original Jacket has been shown. I know the color was Brown but I ordered the Blue to change up my display once I get all the Hoth figures together and displayed in it's own separate case. Think which ever you choose will be great.

No, I refuse to waste any more time. And what says it all is the attitude you've been expressing. All the evidence is here in the forum. The vast majority of it here in this thread. If you've missed it, feel free to go back and read it. I'm done, this was never a debate.

Oh oh! The ObiWan 12" also had a yellow saber, yet the 3-3/4 figure, also released as part of the first 12 with Luke, had blue. If there's one thing Kenner was consistent about, it was their inconsistency. ;)

Not to mention the pic on the Obi-Wan cardback had a yellow saber even though the one inside was blue!

Pixelpeper & Star Puff let it go.:lecture

This meaningless debate is cluttering the thread. Let's discuss the figure. If you two want to go at it, please go to PM.

You both have your points and both are valid.

I am thrilled to have this figure release regardless of jacket color.

I would've bet money that the Blue Coat would be the exclusive item. . . I don't know why it doesn't come with both. I mean, I know why. . . Sideshow likes money, but it just kinda sucks.

I can just see that Blue Coat right now $49.99 at Toy Anxiety.

Back