Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put in the dvd before I ordered to see for myself. Looked blue to me. But hey, if you like brown, more power to you.

I would've bet money that the Blue Coat would be the exclusive item. . . I don't know why it doesn't come with both. I mean, I know why. . . Sideshow likes money, but it just kinda sucks.

I can just see that Blue Coat right now $49.99 at Toy Anxiety.
Toy Anxiety will only be able to part out regular Han sets (brown jacket and no clean HS). Demand appears like it is going to be a lot fiercer than I would've thought for a spare brown coat, though. I'll bet the brown coat goes for $30.00, maybe $40.00, tops.

No, I refuse to waste any more time. And what says it all is the attitude you've been expressing. All the evidence is here in the forum. The vast majority of it here in this thread. If you've missed it, feel free to go back and read it. I'm done, this was never a debate.

You mean you refuse to waste any more time other than the time you wasted by telling me how much time you refuse to waste in place of simply posting a link to whatever evidence you claim exists in support of your assertion.

This is rather like you telling someone else (devilof76?) a few pages back just how much you were ignoring them. It's comical.

The blue has a nice aesthetic, but the brown has a more natural look to it. I went with brown, wish I could of had both...

This meaningless debate is cluttering the thread. Let's discuss the figure. If you two want to go at it, please go to PM.

You did not seem to think it was "cluttering" the thread this morning when your reignited the debate with multiple posts attacking the choice of blue.

And I guess you are none too worried about "cluttering" the thread with at least your third reminder to us all of how you *so* done with this debate. If you are done, then be done with it instead of preening even further by playing faux-moderator.

Edit: I am not even saying you are wrong that this debate should end right now, but you are one of the last people here in any position to lecture others. You loved debating this until I (using an admittedly underhanded approach) called you out on a unrelated gaffe, then all of a sudden you were better than your last 3-4 days of behaviour. That sort of attitude has kept this debate going, not the colour differences.

Last edited:
I hope Sideshow is getting some notice from their authorised retailers who may not be happy being cut out of the blue jacket action.

According to Alex, the blue coat is NOT an exclusive, only the extra head is. In theory they could make a blue coat regular edition or include the blue coat extra without violating the "exclusive". In fact I wonder if they deliberately left open that possibility if sales of the blue coat were better than they expected.

Well, I ordered the "brown"coat version....this particular "Solo" is a must-have for me...and it looks real good.

Now when SSC is saying "one per person"....are they meaning of the figure, period, or of each version? (brown/blue) I'm tempted to pick up the blue coat too...if only to replacement my old SSC "Bespin" Han with this new portrait. I like the new sculpt, but like the Hoth Luke...it looks good, but a little "off"...but a huge improvement over that first effort from years back.

I also like the gallery a lot. Whomever is doing the photography these days is adding some variety with the lighting conditions and it really enhances the figure nicely. Don't care so much for the "Photoshopped" ones with added "atmosphere" but it's cool to see the galleries getting switched up a little with some variety.

I may PO a Tauntaun later...so far, my upcoming figure POs aren't too insane, but the year is young...but it's great to finally see Hoth getting some good Sideshow treatment...

I read an article once, (think it was in Star Wars Magazine) that stated that Harrison Ford was originally supposed to shoot either all or most of his "Hoth" scenes on a soundstage, but things changed last minute and he ended up outdoors in the cold instead. Problem was, his wardrobe coat was not made for outdoors. So, he ended up using different coats while shooting. AND, that the coats were in different shades. So, it's possible that he wore a brown & blue coat in ESB. Just something to think about...

I read an article once, (think it was in Star Wars Magazine) that stated that Harrison Ford was originally supposed to shoot either all or most of his "Hoth" scenes on a soundstage, but things changed last minute and he ended up outdoors in the cold instead. Problem was, his wardrobe coat was not made for outdoors. So, he ended up using different coats while shooting. AND, that the coats were in different shades. So, it's possible that he wore a brown & blue coat in ESB. Just something to think about...

:goodpost: excellent post :clap

Looks like the blue is the true exclusive limited to sideshow only. The extra head is an exclusive feature to both Luke and Han, but as the little ex description reads on the blue coat page is only available to sideshow.com. Who know though, $ide$how will do whatever they want when it comes down to $$$.

Honestly, how much to make one of these coats? The blue coat should be an ex bonus.
Unnecessary money grab by Sideshow that I don't think will even be worth it since I doubt many collectors are going to buy 2.

Well, I ordered the "brown"coat version....this particular "Solo" is a must-have for me...and it looks real good.

Now when SSC is saying "one per person"....are they meaning of the figure, period, or of each version? (brown/blue) I'm tempted to pick up the blue coat too...if only to replacement my old SSC "Bespin" Han with this new portrait. I like the new sculpt, but like the Hoth Luke...it looks good, but a little "off"...but a huge improvement over that first effort from years back.
Have to admit, there's aspects of the brown I prefer to the blue (has a more natural, worn look) but ultimately I decided to stick w/blue and take my chances on brown on the secondary market. In regards to the one-per-customer exclusive, I'm almost certain that it only applies to each individual version. I'm sure they'd be fine with someone buying one of each exclusive... maybe it was even part of their plan, given what an odd release this is in that respect.

I also like the gallery a lot. Whomever is doing the photography these days is adding some variety with the lighting conditions and it really enhances the figure nicely. Don't care so much for the "Photoshopped" ones with added "atmosphere" but it's cool to see the galleries getting switched up a little with some variety.
Really liked this gallery, too. Glad they pulled back a bit from the Grievous/Vader galleries, both of which I thought were overly photoshopped.

I may PO a Tauntaun later...so far, my upcoming figure POs aren't too insane, but the year is young...but it's great to finally see Hoth getting some good Sideshow treatment...
When all the Hoth stuff first debuted at SDCC there's no way I thought I'd be picking-up the whole set, but there really is something about Hoth that's special. Love the diversity between the heroes, Snowtroopers, Probot and Tauntaun. Just so much to appreciate, design-wise.

Brown or blue, it'll still have to be weathered. Fake snow needed. I know they make it for the modeling world but I'm not sure if there are diff types, brands, etc.

i picked up the brown as well - i agree it looks more natural.

I think they did a lot better with the Harrison Sculpt then they did with Hamil - that figure IMO doesn't look that great

That sort of attitude has kept this debate going, not the colour differences.

What keeps stuff like this going is egos. Everyone wants the last word and to show they are right. It's a waste of time on the internet. Nothing ever gets solved arguing on forums. And I'm an expert on this. Lol

Just let it go and you'll feel better too.

I was going to pick the brown jacket over the blue.
When I got home from dinner, my twin brother Rob(shaun&edfan) left me a Facebook message saying that he'd help pay if I bought both.
So I'm off now to order the brown and blue version!

I have to agree that this stinks and it is way more natural to include the coat options as the exclusive. Somehow they managed to use the fan controversy, neverending as it is, to justify two different figures. Who wants two of these? If you have strong feelings about the coat color then you will buy whatever that feeling is. If you don't, like me, I would want to try out both or have the option of switching up the display. People think the coats will be on eBay. Surely they will. But if someone buys two of these and parts one out chances are it is the coat they will keep, thus making the coats pretty darn rare on eBay I think and therefore quite expensive.

Back