Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I;m really quite confused by this. There are two versions? The only difference being the jacket? WTF? Why?

Yeah. I would have perfered to pay $10-25 more and get both coats. I think the brown looks better but I remember when one of my older brothers friends gave me the toy since he didn't want it anymore I was 6 (good old summer of 87) and that and hoth Luke were my two favorite Star Wars toys so I have a soft spot for the blue.

The brown parka is a sideshow Exclusive with an extra head without the hat and goggles on.

But when you look at the order info on SS, it says the Blue parka has a head with no headgear as well. :dunno

There are 3 options.[/U]

Option 1 (not exclusive): Brown coat no extra head

Option 2 (exclusive): Brown coat extra head

Option 3 (exclusive): Blue coat extra head

Hopefully that helps make sense of it. :)

There are 3 options.[/U]

Go to the SS website now..only two options I've seen

I am really upset that SS is now charging HT prices. $200 now for human figures? These were 65 bucks years ago, and even tho they weren't as good, there was still more value to them. $200 is a damn joke. Boba fett is 175 and I thought that was rough.

Also there is nothing in the actual text of the order to specify that it is the blue version. That is just colossally stupid. They are going to screw this up for a fair number of people.

It's funny... the first shots of the blue do have a blue tint to them which made the blue coat look to dark for me... but now that I see the new set under neutral lighting I really like the how the blue looks :rock Crisis averted:

Neutral lighting:
habblue2_zps41c10457.jpg

Blueish lighting:
hanblue_zps55196ec4.jpg

I guess there's a certain irony to this :lol

You're right! :lol

Is almost colorless. And is relevant how when the actual coat worn in the 1:1 shots (which is the majority of screen time) is brown?

When a screen-used minature is not "relevant" it is just you admitting how immature you are.

An adult should be able to admit to the entirety of evidence in a debate and weigh it accordingly, your approach is frankly as laughable (and dishonest) as some of your personal boasts.

There are 3 options.[/U]

On SS website, the Blue Exclusive does not list the extra headsculpt as included, only the Brwon Exclusive lists it.

Edit:
Nevermind just saw it list both heads in the breakdown below, but does not list it the headsculpt as exclusive in that big Green box that says"exclusive"

On SS website, the Blue Exclusive does not list the extra headsculpt as included, only the Brwon Exclusive lists it.

Edit:
Nevermind just saw it list both heads in the breakdown below, but does not list it the headsculpt as exclusive in that big Green box that says"exclusive"

:exactly:

I have no clue what's going on

When a screen-used minature is not "relevant" it is just you admitting how immature you are.
An adult should be able to admit to the entirety of evidence in a debate and weigh it accordingly, your approach is frankly as laughable (and dishonest) as some of your personal boasts.

I don't boast in person, let alone here on the forum. Honestly, if you can't take reading my posts, please use the ignore feature. I'm also not sure what boasting you're referring to, maybe the Photoshop skills? I should be decent with it as I've been using it in professional and hobby capacity since 1994 - that's not boasting however. Maybe about having seen SW:ESB in theaters multiple times? About being old enough to remember this stuff?

In reply specifically to the irrelevance of the miniature: It's irrelevant to this discussion because the images you've been posting for analysis are 1:1 live shots. The "coat" Ford wore wasn't a miniature. Ford is not a miniature. Or will you next tell me that Ford's skin and costume should be red because that's also the color shown in the miniature?

I'm not certain why posting facts gets me called "immature" but we'll just chalk that up to one of those pot-kettle things I suppose. I'm also not sure why you'd have to resort to name calling, but I'm pretty sure you've already been called out on it by others.

Agreed... let's drop the battle, or at least the back and forth between Pixel and Star.

It's clear you both do not agree or care much for one another :lecture

Exactly. Except possibly for Khev, every single person arguing for blue acknowledges the extant costume is brown.

I get that there is apparently a brown museum coat making the rounds. But I just watched the Harmy ESB and that coat he wears is blue, blue, blue. :lol

It's not a "tint" thing either, unless it is a unique shade of brown that appears blue under light like Zartan or something. Han's hair onscreen? Brown. Chewie? Brown. His gun belt over his blue coat? Brown. If his coat is really "brown" then why doesn't his hair or Chewie or ANY other brown also trick people into thinking they are blue?

Why does *every* other brown color actually look brown in ESB *except* Han's coat? Because that's what the "brown camp" would have you believe.

Of course the Tippett miniature is relevant, because it's blue! Which begs the question, WHY is it blue? Because Pippett just made a mistake, a mistake that the majority of people who watch ESB also make? Based on what evidence can we say he made a mistake? The fact that some people think Han was running around in some one of a kind Zartan coat? If the coat looks blue when a ton of other stuff onscreen looks brown, then IT ISN'T BROWN. :lol

In Kenner we Trust. In Tippett we Trust. In our Eyes we Trust. In Common Sense we Trust. In Zartan we Don't Trust, Because His Superpowers Don't Really Exist.

Agreed... let's drop the battle, or at least the back and forth between Pixel and Star.

It's clear you both do not agree or care much for one another :lecture

I'm just waiting for Kramer to come barging in saying, "Don't you two see that the only reason you're fighting is because you're so deeply in love!?" :lecture :lol

Also there is nothing in the actual text of the order to specify that it is the blue version. That is just colossally stupid. They are going to screw this up for a fair number of people.

That does seem pretty jacked up actually. How are they going to determine who ordered what? They both say Captain Solo - Hoth Exclusive. Better keep the confirmation email with the little thumbnail picture proving which jacket you ordered. :lol

I am really upset that SS is now charging HT prices. $200 now for human figures? These were 65 bucks years ago, and even tho they weren't as good, there was still more value to them. $200 is a damn joke. Boba fett is 175 and I thought that was rough.

Yikes.

IT is $225 for me due to tax & shipping :-(. Which is why I don't typically order from sideshow. The points are the only way that the figures are competitive. I think I want Han, but am apprehensive about pulling the trigger due to cost. Half the time I don't end up buying expensiveish items due to this sort of apprehension--makes me realize I don't really need this stuff.

Back