Sideshow grumble

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to agree with you x 1000. It should be the other way around. You should have to make special arrangements to get signature confirmation, not remove it.

i am going to fax the request forms for all my preorders and even waitlist stuff(like 25 items) to SS on Monday just to make sure i don't have to deal with it whenever any of it ships or converts/ships.

how about a "universal no signature required" option for my account SS? Make me sign one form for my account that covers anything I order.

i am going to fax the request forms for all my preorders and even waitlist stuff(like 25 items) to SS on Monday just to make sure i don't have to deal with it whenever any of it ships or converts/ships.

how about a "universal no signature required" option for my account SS? Make me sign one form for my account that covers anything I order.

So what happens the first time that UPS says your package was delivered and you don't have it?

So what happens the first time that UPS says your package was delivered and you don't have it?

then they didn't deliver it because it wouldn't be stolen at my house. same thing that would happen if it was something besides SS and they didn't deliver it. most stuff isn't delivered signatured required, i don't worry about it being stolen any more because it's SS.

then they didn't deliver it because it wouldn't be stolen at my house. same thing that would happen if it was something besides SS and they didn't deliver it. most stuff isn't delivered signatured required, i don't worry about it being stolen any more because it's SS.

All it takes is that one time. I used to feel the same way until something similar happened to me. Now I really don't mind the minor inconvenience for the added security.

All it takes is that one time. I used to feel the same way until something similar happened to me. Now I really don't mind the minor inconvenience for the added security.

For me, it is much better without the signature confirmation. I can track it online and be there within 30 minutes of them putting it on my doorstep. If I have to sign for it, I either have to take a day off of work or try to guess when UPS is coming and wait at home for a few hours. I could have them hold it, but it is a pain to drive 45 minutes to get it. A few packages, like the Hulk PF or Thing PF, probably wouldn't even fit in my car. :lol

For me, it is much better without the signature confirmation. I can track it online and be there within 30 minutes of them putting it on my doorstep. If I have to sign for it, I either have to take a day off of work or try to guess when UPS is coming and wait at home for a few hours. I could have them hold it, but it is a pain to drive 45 minutes to get it. A few packages, like the Hulk PF or Thing PF, probably wouldn't even fit in my car. :lol

Eh, it's still a smart decision on Sideshow's part. Even if you guys are as honest as you say you are, there are still those @$$es who aren't. If a product arrived, just left per customer request, and was stolen, the customer would blame everyone but the responsible party, themselves. And it's a pain in the @$$ to send thousands of packages differently vs. the ease of sending them all with "sign for delivery" so I understand on that part too.

I think I must be jinxed with these things! I got my box of replacement stands and one of them has the same sort of marks on it as the ones I am replacing and the other has a scratch on the lettering. I can't even be bothered to complain to the seller.

So parting them out is the best way of selling them is it??

I think I must be jinxed with these things! I got my box of replacement stands and one of them has the same sort of marks on it as the ones I am replacing and the other has a scratch on the lettering. I can't even be bothered to complain to the seller.

So parting them out is the best way of selling them is it??

You seem very particular...

I am not particular as such. I just like to buy something and not have it break or be scuffed or have blotches on the paint. I think that is just expecting a fair deal as a customer.

Fair enough, but you're getting rid of the figures because of the stands?

Still makes no sense. They DIDN'T sell at the other retailer. So Sideshow action figures sell there whereas they think HT are too expensive. I've seen several customers at my local comic shop who feel the same too. Masks has proved my point:

What you don't get is this happens to MANY SS items that come back up for order and the ones that fill waitlist. It's not just Hot Toys. Many of the main local guys around here are having a hard time selling all of that stuff and much of it goes back to SSC.

Additionally, take a long hard look at the number of HotToys action figures Sideshow imports vs. what they sell from products they manufacture. We're talking about comparing sales of hundreds of HotToys to thousands of Sideshow. It's not hard to go out on a limb and say if they imported 8,000 of any of HotToys action figures that's a hard number to sell, especially at the near $200 mark, regardless of quality. StarWarsShop couldn't even sell 1000 shock troopers at $150. They had to knock the price down 50% to $75 and take the loss. Now multiply that by eight.

You have a point but that's your opinion since we don't have HT numbers to compare. Most HT items sell out and who's to know how many SSC actually orders.

Good talking to ya bro but we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

If you are buying SW for profit your buying for the wrong reason!... there too much crap on the market and too many companies that hold a licence. The only way for SW collectables to go back up is if lucas puts out more movies that are DECENT.

Thats the only way i can foresee pricing to rasie. Compare it too the comic book movie frenzy right now.

I am not collecting for profit at all. Considering selling them is what made me re-examine the quality of the items that's all. Another example would be the Luke Bespin Blaster and belt I bought to replace the blaster that broke when I tried to get it in the holster. (Which is too tight) I got the gun and replaced the one in the figures hand (because the holster is too small) and then when I went to put the repaired one into the new holster that was now more or less a spare the holster split and the magnets came off. That is what I am grumbling about. I just seemed jinxed with Sideshow.

If you are buying SW for profit your buying for the wrong reason!... there too much crap on the market and too many companies that hold a licence. The only way for SW collectables to go back up is if lucas puts out more movies that are DECENT.

Thats the only way i can foresee pricing to rasie. Compare it too the comic book movie frenzy right now.

Uh... take it from someone who's spent over $100k on comics in my lifetime. That's grossly out of context. Comics are not worth what the price guides say they are. That'd be damn great, but not even realistic. They're worth what people will pay for them. Supply and demand. And with ebaY auctions running by the buttload, comics are worth no where near as much as they should be. The "demand" is being met by an easily accessible "supply."

Example: The 1st appearance of Punisher in Amazing Spider-Man #129 should sell for about $350 per the price guides. I bought it in NM condition off of ebaY for $75. Then, once you factor in the growing popularity of graphic novels, that lowers the demand even further. While a movie might boost interest in a particular property, it doesn't necessarily mean a boost in value.

The same can be said for the Star Wars license. Right now, there is an overabundance of Star Wars products on the market meeting demand with an overabundance of supply. The vintage toys really shot up in value during the great Star Wars drought from the late 80's to late 90's. Once the animated series and the live-action TV show dry up, the licensed products will start increasing in value. I can tell you this much. I honestly never would've imagined that my vintage 3 3/4" Star Wars collection would easily be worth a down payment on a house.

Back