Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not like that side show maquette at all, I hear its hollow is that true anyways I saw it in person and yet it looks like godzilla but the movie one looks so much better and has so much more detail. Anyways 900 for this tax and all is a crazy price this should be worth like 300 tops maybe 4 but I think personally they failed on this statue over all!!

I have it in hand and this is going back, this is awful I'm sorry the pple that accept this ****y piece and side show pple that stand by them no matter what and this is unacceptable, this should go back with a not saying how bad this is. It is hallow and paint is poorly done all over the mouth the face looks nothing like him, find a still in the movie and you will see it is very off! I agree with godzillaspawn on this its bad one of the worst I seen other than man of steel pf from side show!

I heard this piece is hallow pvc is that true, if so I wouldn't go near this statue EVEN IF I HAD 800 dollars to spend on it!

I have it in hand and this is going back!

So at 9:54am (my time, today) you say you wouldn't buy it IF you had $800.
Then at 2:32 pm, only hours later, you claim to have bought it and say you'll be sending it back.

I think it's safe to say you're full of it and a dedicated hater.

P.S. It's spelled, "hollow".

:mwaha

Was about to say the same thing. Maybe he/she had a windfall then ran out a bought one all in four hours :lol

If this was a solid cast it would cost a fortune to ship and be difficult to handle and display.
I like a bit of weight but expecting a piece of this size to be solid is ridiculous.

Anyway, don't know why I'm bothering to respond because you either have a language issue or you're full of BS.

Not to put anyone on Front St, but this one is going on eBay for $1000.

godzilla_dookie-variant.JPG

said it absolutely true!!!

Anyone else notice this guy seems to be having a conversation with himself? WTF

Hey matturibe1 ..if you have the maquette in hand post some pics so we can judge for ourselves.

Last edited:
I have been keeping an eye on eBay for whether or not one of these pops up with a much needed price reduction. Interestingly enough, a couple have managed to appear that are selling for slightly less then the original. On the flip side, the most expensive one I've seen yet is listed for $1300!!!

So are people generally not happy with this because there was a lot of build up around it finally shipping and anticipating seeing photos pour in and now that he's shipped this thread just died.

So are people generally not happy with this because there was a lot of build up around it finally shipping and anticipating seeing photos pour in and now that he's shipped this thread just died.

The price, relative to what you get, is just a total miss. So many photo and video reviews make this thing look albino. And I saw this guy up close at SDCC 2014. I'm not going to lie - I fogged up the glass. Even with the dull paint, he was still such a presence. The problem is that the proto was, IMO, just ok enough. The production piece needed to be the same, but it's even flatter. I'd get it if it were less than Lobo, but not a penny more. $800 for such a light piece with such dull paint is too much of a bummer. Anyone who gets this needs a repaint, and you should never have to repaint something this expensive. And that's doing it yourself. Paying for a repaint? Heck no...

I agree, had this on order and when I saw some pictures here and changed my mind, for 800$ this should have had a better paint job and base, everything is the same dull color, what a let down, I love Godzilla since I was a little kid, and to finally see a great statue that I actually wanted and it ends up being a dud.

Back