Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst part is the production pieces will look worse, if we go by past experience.

But that's a concern when the quality with which paint is applied is in question, seems to me like the issue people have with this Godzilla is the simplicity of the paint, odds are the final piece will look very close because the paint scheme is so simple.

But that's a concern when the quality with which paint is applied is in question, seems to me like the issue people have with this Godzilla is the simplicity of the paint, odds are the final piece will look very close because the paint scheme is so simple.

Maybe that's why they deliberately kept it simple, so that people won't complain?

yea, I doubt the production pieces will be worse cause the proto looks so simple. I never ordered cause of the price and how meh the paint app looks.

If you don't like the proto it's time to cancel.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad statue, I would have it on preorder myself if it wasn't on a wait list. I don't want to pay $800 for it but if I could use my points to drop it down to $500 I would buy it in an instant, it's just that I find Sideshow isn't very good at paint on their production pieces and for the price of this statue it really shouldn't be one flat colour. But like I said, I would buy this if it was cheaper so I could look past that.

That's a good point.

Maybe people can tell themselves he's just covered head to toe in grey building dust :p

Or just do what they did in the movie and stick him in a dark room with no lighting so you can't actually see him. :rotfl

Maybe that's why they deliberately kept it simple, so that people won't complain?

Probably, there are scuffs to Godzilla's hide that could be an added dimension of paint, but it's a detail where it only works if you get it just right, slightly off and it just looks like weird dirt and odds are, that's what'd happen.

Gotta agree with most of the criticisms. Still, I saw it in person and I knew I wanted it. The price is steep, but it is what it is. I love Godzilla, it looks big and heavy, and I really want a decent Godzilla piece. I'd rather it be somewhat bland and easily replicated than be the most insanely awesome proto that everyone knows will never pass production. I wish Toho were watching over this and demanding it meet Godzilla-level standards.

Push comes to shove, I know some artists in the Detroit scene. I could always have him repainted in a very unique, custom way. Worst case, I'll mow him down with my car and sweet talk a full refund. :(

I check the wait list every few weeks. As of last week, it still converts within a few days.

I'm going to wait for actual pictures from those who get it, then I'll see if its worth trying to get, I'm worried the paint job will be subpar and ruin the piece.

There's no doubt in my mind it's a Sideshow Collectibles business tactic.
Just like what they're doing with the P2 Maquette cancellation.

Back