Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any obsessive compulsive people out there think that the nose/snout of the SS piece is longer than the movie version?

I love this statue and will almost certainly get it, but I keep looking at pics of this and stills of the movie and the length of the snout looks off.

PS - Are there any other companies like Sideshow Collectibles other than WETA?
Pop Culture Shock Toys, Prime 1 Studios and now XM Studios
Also Bowen, Gentle Giant and Kotobukiya

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Re: Upcoming Sideshow GODZILLA Collectibles

Yup and prepare your wallet :lol

Yup and prepare your wallet :lol
More like...
349a503e9c7de90092237637615f5af8.jpg

Any obsessive compulsive people out there think that the nose/snout of the SS piece is longer than the movie version?

I love this statue and will almost certainly get it, but I keep looking at pics of this and stills of the movie and the length of the snout looks off.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Anybody else notice what I'm seeing with the nose/snout?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Anybody else notice what I'm seeing with the nose/snout?
Lol sorry dude, hahaha not really though. Pics might help

Ok, here is a link to several HD clips of the movie recently put out by Warner Bros.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7Eup7JXScZx-HQPJYzgNvayrXo6f5HUl

Specifically, I recommend checking out "Battle in SF", "Losing the Fight" and the last two clips on the list to reference Godzilla's snout/nose. Anyone else think that the SS piece has a longer snout? Maybe I'm being obsessive compulsive, but I think the difference is striking.

I actually prefer the SS piece I think.

I think there's not a great deal of difference in the snout length between SS and the movie, maybe subtle differences in shape but the overall look to the SS statue looks good to me. The whole statue has spots that aren't 100% accurate but that's ok.

So, what do you think about the way he moves?
I like that they kept his sluggish walk, but at times he can really move his weight around.

I think they did a great job of balancing the realism you can get out of CGI and the way a man in suit moves to give a realistic depiction of the Godzilla we all know. He doesn't do anything Toho's Godzilla couldn't for the most part except like stretching his neck and stuff, but he looks more believable doing it all. That's all I ever wanted in a CGI Godzilla was to make what Toho pulled off just a bit better. Not make him fast as a velociraptor so he can outrun everything.

Exactly. His movements are very reminiscent of the Godzilla we know. They did a great job maintaining the 'feel' of a man in a rubber suit.

So am i the only one who got chills and a tear or 2 of joy the first time you saw him in the new film and he roared ??? Hahahaha

Back