Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Upcoming Sideshow GODZILLA Collectibles

All I see is a hella impressive piece. A 22 inch tall statue has presence, whether its Godzilla or not. Sure it looks small in a massive convention hall, but that will look bad ASS in a living room. Godzilla and Smaug. A good day for lovers of giant fire-breathing reptiles.

Smaug2014_03_zps68cdacfe.jpg

Would've been even awesome at over 30"

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Lmao. I was going to write that but damn that's crazy lol
We'd all have to pitch in to get Exactly 1 and then setup a time share agreement lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Not impressed with Deathwing's paint apps at all. Smaug looks 100x better.

I've killed DW plenty times in-game and I'd say it looks pretty good. Every time you see him he is usually lit from the bottom, due to flames.
I like the paint/statue as it's pretty accurate.

DeathwingSW1.jpg

I've killed DW plenty times in-game and I'd say it looks pretty good. Every time you see him he is usually lit from the bottom, due to flames.
I like the paint/statue as it's pretty accurate.
The colors seem accurate, the application of them just looks very dull and uninspired IMO.

The colors seem accurate, the application of them just looks very dull and uninspired IMO.
If they light him up inside, and light up the castle windows, it could be super nice.

Only 22 inches tall, which means a less horrendous price tag. Don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed. Part of the "wow" factor here was the potentially massive size; I was already making drastic presentation arrangements to accommodate it. Now that he's about ten inches shorter than I thought, my original display plan's off. Yes, this is still a gorgeous statue, and it's not a bad size. But the spectacle is lost. It's a different kind of emotion pushing this purchase now, less "GOD I gotta have it!" and more, "What a nice sculpt, worth adding to your collection if you have the space and money."

Back