Sideshow G.I. Joe line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T'Challa

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Does anyone think that Sideshow will bring out anymore of the 1/6 figures from this line, or is it just dead completely?

Man, that'd be awesome. But there are no plans for any figures at this time. Consider it done until you hear otherwise.

:pray: I like to think there maybe hope because look how long it took but they are doing another Indiana Jones figure. :pray:

I really hope so cause I am BORED ****less other than the occassional overpriced Hot Toys figure.
I've given up SW for the Joe line and I refuse to purchase any of thier new DC or Marvel line as well...
throw Joe on the back burner will they!?! I'm done with SSC till then!

Last edited:
Waiting for the next innovation in 1/6th so they can release another Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander, this time for $350.

Waiting for the next innovation in 1/6th so they can release another Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander, this time for $350.

priced out for me..

2015 I will be my focused on the rumored 6" Black Series GI Joe

No news as of now.. I just want a sixth scale Scarlett then I'm good with Sideshow killing the line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just want a sixth scale Scarlett then I'm good with Sideshow killing the line.

Same here. No reason not to get Scarlett with what I understand is a new body developed for Baroness.

Also, Midtown had Baroness normal version on massive discount. I think 40% off. I guess these aren't selling as well as Sideshow thought. Or they are still too expensive and don't have the Hot Toys name attached.

For all we know, HT will pick up the line and rape us further.

:p

I fear for that day to come. Don't get me wrong with the quality of HT figures but I want a strong cohesive line of figures that will work and look good together.

I love the quality of the Joe figures form Sideshow but if HT takes over the line I'm afraid that the figures HT will produce for the Joe line will stand out compared to the Joes that Sideshow gave us.

My point is I want more Joes from Sideshow and not from other brands even if the quality is far more superior and superb than what we have right now.

$180 each killed the line for me, even if ss continued to pump em out. This hobby is a slow death, waiting to die. Another hobby designated for rich people.

True the price tag does play a factor considering with the resources here and other places around the web, you can put together a just as good if not better figure for under $100. Just look at what all the customizers have done here to get the figure's they want or felt the need to bring the SS releases up to their standards. Don't get me wrong though I regret getting in on the SS action a little late and missing out on some of them while they were cheaper. Because of this Zartan and the Baroness are the only ones I currently own and don't regret the investment. Major Bludd is next around tax time. However Beach Head is the only Joe I hate I missed out on when he first came out. The rest are just okay to me. So yeah it's not really killing me with this news. However I would like to see someone else pick up the license or even Hasbro themselves doing a high end collector's line. I don't need them over accessorized, just accurate sculpts and realistic sized weapons like they were starting to do back in 08-09 before the movie. And no molded shirts, holsters and hollow pouches! In the meantime it just means more money for Transformers and Marvel legends. It's ashame though my girl gets to enjoy those new awesome (excuse me) truly outrageous looking new Jem dolls Integrity Toys is putting out for $80 or so less than my SS Joes. She's getiing every character she ever wanted from them and ones she didn't even remember. Lucky.

Back