Premium Format Sideshow Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees: Legend of Crystal Lake Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like thinking of this pose like this (minus the blood). He just gets done killing shelly with the machete. Bend down and picks up the spear gun (new toy for Jason) and then he hears the girl in the lake calling to shelly and he turns towards the sound.... This is the exact moment of the statue.. He then puts down the Machete and puts on the mask.

3003671-jason-voorhees-legend-of-crystal-lake-01.jpg

Of course I can be from anything but that is what it reminds me of.

ef250a687efc62d91c2046807ef06305.jpg

the problem with the pose for me
(Compared to the Kane pic)

the wrists are pointing down, Kane's wrists arent. Kane's wrists aren't bending.

The arms on the statue are too much behind Jason, the arms on Kane are to his sides, Jason's arms are going back like a child temper tantrum pose
(Jason's Shoulders are pointing down while Kane's shoulder's are not, Kane's pose is more manly, Jason's lower shoulders are almost feminine)

the head twist, Has Jason ever done a head tilt that exaggerated? it almost feels like a Michael Myers pose. Kane on the other pic has his head forward.

So even if they look the same, Jason is still doing this really weird super model pose. (it does not look like a manly pose. it just doesn't. the shoulders and the arms going back is really weird)

Is this nitpicking? maybe, but If I had this I couldn't stop noticing all these weird details. nitpicking or not it is a pretty odd pose.

Almost looks like if Jason was pushing his arms back while pushing his groin area forward in a humping motion lol. almost like a humping pose (Jason doing Yoga :lol)
it kind of looks like if Jason's body is arched, Kane's body in the pic is completely straight.

4JQUhEW.jpg

IMO the statue looks relaxed.... After a long night of doing his thing. Then hears something that catches his attention.

Kane is not relaxed!

I like thinking of this pose like this (minus the blood). He just gets done killing shelly with the machete. Bend down and picks up the spear gun (new toy for Jason) and then he hears the girl in the lake calling to shelly and he turns towards the sound.... This is the exact moment of the statue.. He then puts down the Machete and puts on the mask.

Of course I can be from anything but that is what it reminds me of.

Aside from the wound to his head, this sounds like a perfect scenario for this statue. :goodpost:

the problem with the pose for me
(Compared to the Kane pic)

the wrists are pointing down, Kane's wrists arent. Kane's wrists aren't bending.

The arms on the statue are too much behind Jason, the arms on Kane are to his sides, Jason's arms are going back like a child temper tantrum pose
(Jason's Shoulders are pointing down while Kane's shoulder's are not, Kane's pose is more manly, Jason's lower shoulders are almost feminine)

the head twist, Has Jason ever done a head tilt that exaggerated? it almost feels like a Michael Myers pose. Kane on the other pic has his head forward.

So even if they look the same, Jason is still doing this really weird super model pose. (it does not look like a manly pose. it just doesn't. the shoulders and the arms going back is really weird)

Is this nitpicking? maybe, but If I had this I couldn't stop noticing all these weird details. nitpicking or not it is a pretty odd pose.

Almost looks like if Jason was pushing his arms back while pushing his groin area forward in a humping motion lol. almost like a humping pose (Jason doing Yoga :lol)
it kind of looks like if Jason's body is arched, Kane's body in the pic is completely straight.

4JQUhEW.jpg

300367-jason-voorhees-legend-of-crystal-lake-06.jpg

Obviously this is not 100% Kane. However I did mention it is similar to his pose in that pic if Kane was to just turn his head... You body tends to naturally arch a bit when you do it.

There are bits and pieces of all the Jason's here.... Personally I see bits from part 3,4,6,7, and a bit of the remake.

As for the rest of your comments, I guess we just chalk that up to seeing things differently.... I don't see an of the criticisms you have made... Feminine, humping, Child Temper Tantrum.... I don't see any of that... The lower shoulders are a part three look.... Due to the Hump I guess...

the-many-looks-of-jason-voorhees-20081027032523053-000.jpg

As for the Head tilt... I don't see it as a head tilt.. I see it as he had his head down a bit and he is looking to his left and back over his should (just a bit)

300367-jason-voorhees-legend-of-crystal-lake-04.jpg

Having said that... Jason did have a pretty big Michael Myers moment in part 8 when he saw the Hockey billboard. I think he did it in 4 also when confronted with his "child" self.

f1a7b6948110a5f481a9f1cb3b104390.jpg

Anyways I am not trying to convince anyone... My friend who is a Huge Jason fan and has a massive Jason collection is not in love with it... Though he is getting it anyways. His biggest complaint is the same as mine... The mask. It just does not look like any of the films...

However it all goes to taste... I think this piece is dynamic and creepy. It reminds me of how I use to view Jason, when I was young. I never really cared for the original part three PF (He never struck that pose either, his Ax is held to low..JK ;) ) as I thought it had it's own issues of being absolutely boring to look at. Not creepy, boring pose, and bland colors.... That piece needed an Ax wound and some more blood and dirt to help it stand out.. IMO of course... My friend thinks it's great... I just never loved it... I tried and actually owned and sold it twice :lol..

I can see how this piece would be a turn off.. But personally I love the artistic approach and because Jason has changed his look so many times in the films I don't mind the artistic liberties they took with this... I wonder if people would be as upset if SSC just never put the Part III logo up?

Last edited:
Pose is too weird for the statue to be considered a classic or definitive representation of the character.

I really dig the pose and had to get my order in. These statues are so darn expensive i need to watch what i get, but feel this is worth it.

300367-jason-voorhees-legend-of-crystal-lake-06.jpg

Obviously this is not 100% Kane. However I did mention it is similar to his pose in that pic if Kane was to just turn his head... You body tends to naturally arch a bit when you do it.

There are bits and pieces of all the Jason's here.... Personally I see bits from part 3,4,6,7, and a bit of the remake.

As for the rest of your comments, I guess we just chalk that up to seeing things differently.... I don't see an of the criticisms you have made... Feminine, humping, Child Temper Tantrum.... I don't see any of that... The lower shoulders are a part three look.... Due to the Hump I guess...

the-many-looks-of-jason-voorhees-20081027032523053-000.jpg

As for the Head tilt... I don't see it as a head tilt.. I see it as he had his head down a bit and he is looking to his left and back over his should (just a bit)

300367-jason-voorhees-legend-of-crystal-lake-04.jpg

Having said that... Jason did have a pretty big Michael Myers moment in part 8 when he saw the Hockey billboard. I think he did it in 4 also when confronted with his "child" self.

f1a7b6948110a5f481a9f1cb3b104390.jpg

Anyways I am not trying to convince anyone... My friend who is a Huge Jason fan and has a massive Jason collection is not in love with it... Though he is getting it anyways. His biggest complaint is the same as mine... The mask. It just does not look like any of the films...

However it all goes to taste... I think this piece is dynamic and creepy. It reminds me of how I use to view Jason, when I was young. I never really cared for the original part three PF (He never struck that pose either, his Ax is held to low..JK ;) ) as I thought it had it's own issues of being absolutely boring to look at. Not creepy, boring pose, and bland colors.... That piece needed an Ax wound and some more blood and dirt to help it stand out.. IMO of course... My friend thinks it's great... I just never loved it... I tried and actually owned and sold it twice :lol..

I can see how this piece would be a turn off.. But personally I love the artistic approach and because Jason has changed his look so many times in the films I don't mind the artistic liberties they took with this... I wonder if people would be as upset if SSC just never put the Part III logo up?

yeah i get you

I wasnt saying he was exactly like Kane, my point was how Kane had a really manly pose and the statue doesnt

seeing the side picture this is what bothers me:

VU6Knye.png

i dont think jason would arch his back like that, thats not something men do lol. and what makes it worse for me is the hands going backward. thats not a manly pose at all
that arched back... ive never seen a guy stand this way. like pushing his chest/groin forward

if anything his torso should always be straight. no matter the pose

Last edited:
He is a deranged zombie, that has been beaten,broken and killed and still comes back ,but we expect him to be like a normal man.Come on guys

I'm into to this stuff like everyone else, but I'll never understand so much of the over-thinking, of something that has never existed, IRL. It looks cool to me so that's as far as my thinking goes on it. It's more interesting to see people wrestle with paying almost $500 for it. Just from the feedback on price, it would seem like it's not going to sell that many, but people might be saying one thing, then doing something else, like buying it. Time will tell.

You people are insane nit pickers. I'm buying this and I'm gonna enjoy it. Great Jason Statue.

yeah i get you

I wasnt saying he was exactly like Kane, my point was how Kane had a really manly pose and the statue doesnt

VU6Knye.png

i dont think jason would arch his back like that, thats not something men do lol. and what makes it worse for me is the hands going backward. thats not a manly pose at all
that arched back... ive never seen a guy stand this way. like pushing his chest/groin forward

That would be a great illustration but you went diagonal across his back instead of following the centerline of his spine. If you take the middle the curve is no where near as exaggerated as what you illustrate.

Jasonspine.jpg

That would be a great illustration but you went diagonal across his back instead of following the centerline of his spine. If you take the middle the curve is no where near as exaggerated as what you illustrate.

View attachment 201460

your illustration is a lot better but that curve is still weird as hell for me. imagine Kane doing that arched pose :ohbfrank:

i hate to say this but it reminds me of when a girl tries to make her boobs pop out... :(

yeah i get you

VU6Knye.png

:lol

This photo reminds me of of the one I did for the Batman PF... I thought his stance from some angles was a bit feminine also.

Anyways I don't see what you see as issues or feminine... But that's cool. Do you have the original part 3 PF to keep your Jason needs satisfied?

Hopefully his unmasked head is the same size as the last P3 PF. That way I can replace the mask again, it made all the difference.

Back