Statue Sideshow Exclusive ARH Medusa - Sideshow EX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In general, aren't AP's really an excuse to release additional items? I would think that the 'artist' would approve based on a handful of samples, but if an AP run is more than a handful, no way.

Also, I'd wager (especially on statues where the number is on a removable base) , that the AP or numbered piece has nothing to do with when it came off the "assembly line". It is merely a way for collectors to make believe one piece is rarer than the other.

Additionally, since numbered pieces by definition are unique, AP's should in theory be less rare, since the number, or lack thereof, are the same for the entire AP 'edition'.

I cannot talk for other producers, however our AP's are limited in number and painted by a special team of painters selected for their attention to details.
The factory we use is small, unlike the big factories that make toys etc, they only paint statues and employ only 35 guys who paint all our statues. We hand picked the best 5 to paint the Medusa AP's and then limited the run.
Also the AP's get everything, meaning that any additional EX name plates etc.

The quality of the proto at SDCC is what these guys are getting

Last edited:
^ Great insight. Got a question for you, are these manufactured & pained overseas?

I'm only asking because there's a lot of buy made in America segments on the news and I think it would be a good selling point.

^ Great insight. Got a question for you, are these manufactured & pained overseas?

I'm only asking because there's a lot of buy made in America segments on the news and I think it would be a good selling point.

The Medusa is an exception to the rule for us. As most of our in house AP's were manufactured here in the US. The Medusa was just too big to manufacture in our small studio.

As you can see from the size of the box, we had a hard time getting these distributed from the USA. The Medusa had a hard time getting to the hands of our customers. We are debating, and we are not sure whether we will be able to do more AP's at our studios here in the USA.

It seems like China is cheaper and easier for distribution. We are still learning from our experiences. I am sure there will be more statues we can produce here in the US, however they have to be limited in size.

Still waiting.........

That's the thing, shouldn't the ap pieces have arrived before any retailers even got a piece? It is worrying how long it is taking for the pieces to arrive. :(

Fellow collectors I feel your pain!

The shipping was a disaster. The Euro distributers got their regular before the AP's, since they got drop shipped directly to them. The AP's were mailed regular mail and they got held up in various ports and customs :monkey2

There was no possible way to ship the AP's express, since the cost would have been more than double the cost of the statue.
The delays did not help! I am very sorry about this, we have learned from this, and it will never happen again.

I am sure you will still get yours before the regular and EX editions come in next few months from SS.

The Medusa is an exception to the rule for us. As most of our in house AP's were manufactured here in the US. The Medusa was just too big to manufacture in our small studio.

As you can see from the size of the box, we had a hard time getting these distributed from the USA. The Medusa had a hard time getting to the hands of our customers. We are debating, and we are not sure whether we will be able to do more AP's at our studios here in the USA.

It seems like China is cheaper and easier for distribution. We are still learning from our experiences. I am sure there will be more statues we can produce here in the US, however they have to be limited in size.

Once again, thanks for the good info. I wish I could afford her cause she would certainly be the centerpiece of my collection!

In general, aren't AP's really an excuse to release additional items? I would think that the 'artist' would approve based on a handful of samples, but if an AP run is more than a handful, no way.

Also, I'd wager (especially on statues where the number is on a removable base) , that the AP or numbered piece has nothing to do with when it came off the "assembly line". It is merely a way for collectors to make believe one piece is rarer than the other.

Additionally, since numbered pieces by definition are unique, AP's should in theory be less rare, since the number, or lack thereof, are the same for the entire AP 'edition'.

I got it cause I thought it was supposed to be out as early as september. Plus cheaper shipping. But now its January and still no sign of it.

To all those who are waiting on ordering and made the orders for Sideshow EX and all other Medusas...

We are now very near to selling out all pieces of Medusa!!

That is incredible!!
What this means is that the Medusa will be very hard to get as there will be no more in production after its all gone!!
Those who think this can be bought for < $600 later are mistaken. This will be a highly sought after collectable as it is now SOLD OUT!!!
All Sideshow orders and retailers are sold out and they are asking us for more. We will not make anymore!!

Again thank you very much guys!
Look for our new productions in the coming year, I want to thank you for all your patience and support

ARH ALEX

To all those who are waiting on ordering and made the orders for Sideshow EX and all other Medusas...

That is incredible!!
What this means is that the Medusa will be very hard to get as there will be no more in production after its all gone!!
Those who think this can be bought for < $600 later are mistaken. This will be a highly sought after collectable as it is now SOLD OUT!!!
All Sideshow orders and retailers are sold out and they are asking us for more. We will not make anymore!!

Look for our new productions in the coming year, I want to thank you for all your patience and support

ARH ALEX

What do you mean SS is sold out? You had me worried because I was waiting until later in the month to place an order. She is still up for pre-order on the site.

Retailers are not sold out either. BBTS has her, CornerStore does.

She's awesome though, I would love to buy her. Pricey, but awesome.

That is incredible!!
All Sideshow orders and retailers are sold out and they are asking us for more. We will notmake anymore!!

ARH ALEX

BBTS...."In Stock"
Cornerstore..."Pre-order"
Most Wanted..."Pre-order"
Man Of Action Figures..."Pre-Order"
Secret Compass...."Pre-Order"
Action Figure Express..."Pre-Order"
Comics America..."Pre-Order"
Sideshow Collectibles... "Pre-Order"

If she is so sold out and retailers are begging for her, then why do they all still have her for pre-order or in stock?

I cannot talk for other producers, however our AP's are limited in number and painted by a special team of painters selected for their attention to details.
The factory we use is small, unlike the big factories that make toys etc, they only paint statues and employ only 35 guys who paint all our statues. We hand picked the best 5 to paint the Medusa AP's and then limited the run.
Also the AP's get everything, meaning that any additional EX name plates etc.

The quality of the proto at SDCC is what these guys are getting

The regular run is 500
The SS Ex is 200
And the limited AP is 30

ARH quote from other board:
I'm not sure of what you mean by 'actual work', but what you see at the Comic Con IS already the factory sample, not prototype piece, so what you see there is pretty much how the final statue will look like.

So, was it a prototype or factory sample?

BBTS...."In Stock"
Cornerstore..."Pre-order"
Most Wanted..."Pre-order"
Man Of Action Figures..."Pre-Order"
Secret Compass...."Pre-Order"
Action Figure Express..."Pre-Order"
Comics America..."Pre-Order"
Sideshow Collectibles... "Pre-Order"

If she is so sold out and retailers are begging for her, then why do they all still have her for pre-order or in stock?

What we are trying to say here that we are going to stop production of Medusa and closing the list very soon!
As you can see from SS, the list is closing or closed, the other retailers are asking for more and we are telling them we will only do a few more.
The other retailers have been told to close the list after these orders are fulfilled. Soon we will be out completely. There may be a few in stock but that's it. Pre-orders are Pre-orders, not in stock.

ARH quote from other board:
I'm not sure of what you mean by 'actual work', but what you see at the Comic Con IS already the factory sample, not prototype piece, so what you see there is pretty much how the final statue will look like.

So, was it a prototype or factory sample?

Simply said, the factory samples were as good as the proto. See above pic of our customer.

What we are trying to say here that we are going to stop production of Medusa and closing the list very soon!
As you can see from SS, the list is closing or closed, the other retailers are asking for more and we are telling them we will only do a few more.
The other retailers have been told to close the list after these orders are fulfilled. Soon we will be out completely. There may be a few in stock but that's it. Pre-orders are Pre-orders, not in stock.

Kudos...I thought this was a very nice piece from what I saw at SDCC.
How about a revisit to Vampira? :wave

I would like to get one one day, but if it does indeed sell out at $600 and start going for more $$ I doubt I would be willing to pay more, awesome piece though definitely the best statue that has come out from ARH (imo)

Kudos...I thought this was a very nice piece from what I saw at SDCC.
How about a revisit to Vampira? :wave

We have the "Vamp Queen" showing soon. She is very near to any Vampira. Almost finished by Alex P. and Arahom.

I would like to get one one day, but if it does indeed sell out at $600 and start going for more $$ I doubt I would be willing to pay more, awesome piece though definitely the best statue that has come out from ARH (imo)

I suggest you put one on order soon with SS, on Flex
They will get the last of the production for this statue

Wish I could, just so much in the pipeline I can't afford to have another flex started I have 3 that ended this month and another 5 starting this month...going to be a rough few months, and I can't take on anymore OT...lol I am burning myself out on this hobby.

Back