Statue Sideshow Exclusive ARH Medusa - Sideshow EX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah some statues are ok to change colors, because their color isnt well defined. For example: medusa, some parts could be any color (although i am not sure how the medusa owners will feel if you make more after it's soldout :wink1: )

But most of the street fighters like chunli and bison has certain color as part of their character definition for more than a decade since the SF2 days. Chunli is always blue, bison is always red. It makes NO SENSE to make a black version of them, they are not chunli and bison anymore with those colors. I used this analogy before, it's as if making an exclusive batman with a pink uniform, or superman with black uniform. No sense...

The darkchylde is especially annoying because the statue is absolutely amazing but she always wear red! Really wanted the signed print since it's the 15th anniversary edition but dont want the black color. Will probably end up not getting this unless i can score a cheap one off ebay and buy the print separately off someone. What a shame.

sorry for getting off topic /rant off

yeah some statues are ok to change colors, because their color isnt well defined. For example: medusa, some parts could be any color (although i am not sure how the medusa owners will feel if you make more after it's soldout :wink1: )

But most of the street fighters like chunli and bison has certain color as part of their character definition for more than a decade since the SF2 days. Chunli is always blue, bison is always red. It makes NO SENSE to make a black version of them, they are not chunli and bison anymore with those colors. I used this analogy before, it's as if making an exclusive batman with a pink uniform, or superman with black uniform. No sense...

The darkchylde is especially annoying because the statue is absolutely amazing but she always wear red! Really wanted the signed print since it's the 15th anniversary edition but dont want the black color. Will probably end up not getting this unless i can score a cheap one off ebay and buy the print separately off someone. What a shame.

sorry for getting off topic /rant off

I saw darkchylde at the show and in fact I was the first one on the net to post pictures of her! Its a good sculpt and paint on the face was very good! I was impressed, yet I do not know enough about her.
I just saw little kids and moms come over and they had no idea who she was. But then they looked at Medusa and instantly knew who she was.
Anyways, I gave you an example of Medusa as another variant but it would not technically be the same as the Medusa for Sideshow. The Medusa Sideshow is super special, once its sold out we will not make more of her.
The fact that its Sideshow's makes it more precious and valuable than any other edition, except for the very few AP's

But as and example of future statues, we like to make it different.
We are already working on Valkirie the female companion to our Thor,

valkirie pose 20.jpg

you may have seen her. We have the regular version with a sword and the EX as one with a viking ship and a spear. Now we can change both colors and we already have two distinctive hair braids on each version. This simply is much better than having just two or three different colors of the same statue. This is not to say they will not have different colors or a print.

Our goal would be to offer more options and at the same time entice you to buy more than one version :clap if you love this character then you cannot refuse! :wave

Here are some factory pictures of the Medusa AP boxes, that were mailed last week. These are the boxes and stryro that will be used for Sideshow Collectables EX!
As you can see she is secure and ready

rimg3268.jpg

rimg3263.jpg

rimg3262.jpg

Thank you all for your patience. As you can see the we have done everything possible to make sure she is secure and ready. She is split up into two separate styro sections for the base, tail/body.

Looks great Aver! Any chance you can provide the dimensions of the box itself? Was thinking of using the box as a base to save storage space. Would really appreciate your input, thanks! :D

Looks great Aver! Any chance you can provide the dimensions of the box itself? Was thinking of using the box as a base to save storage space. Would really appreciate your input, thanks! :D

I dont know, looks like you can use it for displaying statues on. Not a bad idea.

I will ask ARH and see if the factory has the measurements

Hey Alex, Are the boxes going to have color art or will it be white like the Cleo AP?

Any possible way that you guys will be changing the foam quality? Not a fan of those types used. Looks very similar to PCS.

Hey Alex, Are the boxes going to have color art or will it be white like the Cleo AP?

Any possible way that you guys will be changing the foam quality? Not a fan of those types used. Looks very similar to PCS.

Arahom told me all the new 1/4 Statues will not have a color box because they're so expensive to produce :lecture

I saw darkchylde at the show and in fact I was the first one on the net to post pictures of her! Its a good sculpt and paint on the face was very good! I was impressed, yet I do not know enough about her.
I just saw little kids and moms come over and they had no idea who she was. But then they looked at Medusa and instantly knew who she was.
Anyways, I gave you an example of Medusa as another variant but it would not technically be the same as the Medusa for Sideshow. The Medusa Sideshow is super special, once its sold out we will not make more of her.
The fact that its Sideshow's makes it more precious and valuable than any other edition, except for the very few AP's

But as and example of future statues, we like to make it different.
We are already working on Valkirie the female companion to our Thor,

valkirie pose 20.jpg

you may have seen her. We have the regular version with a sword and the EX as one with a viking ship and a spear. Now we can change both colors and we already have two distinctive hair braids on each version. This simply is much better than having just two or three different colors of the same statue. This is not to say they will not have different colors or a print.

Our goal would be to offer more options and at the same time entice you to buy more than one version :clap if you love this character then you cannot refuse! :wave

:clap She will be a hot seller..So many mythology buffs have been craving a Valkyrie of this quality for years..All we had up until now was the cartoon marvel version by Bowen :monkey4

1128972759_pP67k-X2.jpg

Valkyrie needed some breast adjustments and the boat is printed, now the waiting game begins. :impatient:

I guess you haven't been looking at my collection thread then :(

Here it is! Only 500 made :thwak

Michael Turners Red Sonja Full Scale.

iyg8ld.jpg
redsonja1

Bro..your collection is so huge I had to skip some pages:monkey4 she is way too small and simplistic looking to fit into my collection:monkey4 but awesome awesome pics as usual...:clap:clap

Bro..your collection is so huge I had to skip some pages:monkey4 she is way too small and simplistic looking to fit into my collection:monkey4 but awesome awesome pics as usual...:clap:clap

Yea, Leo likes them big and huge VS! :hi5:
That why all the new 1/4 ARH Studios will look good on his shelf :wave

Yea, Leo likes them big and huge VS! :hi5:
That why all the new 1/4 ARH Studios will look good on his shelf :wave

Definitely, that Turner Red Sonja looks like a Barbie Doll Next the Hard Hero version I got today(She will look real nice next to my CS Moore Conan the Conqueror btw:) ). As far as ARH's upcoming 1:4 scale girls...I know VS and can guanrendamntee you he'll own every single one :monkey1 :lol

Back