Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to repaint my Anakin Head Sculpt and add just a bit more damage to it , The colours I wanted more to resemble the colour on ESB that pasty skull yellow
I also added some more lumpy scaring and extended the Left skull scar because I felt it was too short. and a bit of eye liner around his eyes to match the dark make up on Sebastian Shaw. I also wanted to add more scaring to his left cheek as I felt it wasn't all the way under his cheek . I added a new scar to the back his head on the right hand side for some reason this scar is missing from the stock sculpt . Whether or not mine is more or less movie accurate , I don't know . Please let me know what you think ?
I used Tamiya putty for the lumpy scaring , skull white for his skin various reds and washes for the insides of the scaring . I found the sideshow colour to be quite different than that used in the movie , I think this is closer but maybe my eyes deceive me. I also bent the hose tubes a little close to his nose , but I discovered they are actually too long . I might fix his eyes and eye bags a bit too look a little less painted.

10273719_730064440349060_2095851111473786000_n.jpg
1912264_730064280349076_4637619290576586354_n.jpg
10246801_730064517015719_1361493895342000476_n.jpg
10308253_730064143682423_7101457534889759206_n.jpg
10274225_730064320349072_8508294193317211635_n.jpg

Well, I definitely like what you did with the scarring on the back and side of his head. I think the eyeliner is a bit much though....

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Where can one get those light-up lightsabers? I would totally get an SSC Vader if I could get one of those lightsabers. Was never a fan of the normal ones.

Where can one get those light-up lightsabers? I would totally get an SSC Vader if I could get one of those lightsabers.

Get your order in with Sideshow, PM sent with saber details. ;) Maybe we can get rid of the batteries on your Batman stand at the same time.

Replacement mask/helmet arrived today and finally Lord Vader is now complete.

I will get some pics up soon, he is a beast of a figure.

question: I'm planning to let go of Vader with the chest box and lightsaber. As I haven't opened the box again, can the replacement hands of this Deluxe version fit the ANH Vader?

Wasn't 100% satisfied with this version so I'm keeping the hands and the base. I'm content with my ANH:

Your ANH Vader looks good as is, plus the gloves aren't accurate to the movie, dont know if that matters to you. Id sell the new Vader as a full set if I were you to get mostbofbthe money back, not to mention it will be easier to sell. Thats just me.....

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Or part it out. ;) Toy Anxiety sets some decent prices, you should be able to sell for the same on eBay, as most people parting there ask much higher.

He's better off selling it as a full figure or parting it out on eBay. TA will give you very little for the parts because they have to make a profit on them.

You misunderstood, I meant he could use TA's prices as reference for the absolute minimum he could sell the parts at (here or on eBay), not that he should sell them to TA. :)

thanks for the recommendations, just wanted to keep the Imperial Logo base, hand attachments and the helmet display. The rest I will be selling them as I don't need 2 Vaders for now.

The Hand replacements, can they fit the ANH version? Or is this is something that must not be paired with the ANH version? I just noticed that ANH's glove stitch patterns run horizontally. Those in the new one run vertically

How is the breakage-rate on this figure lately?

I wonder if Sideshow does an extra check or something now. I was just checking shipping cost for a few different figures and for example ED-209 would cost ~$40 to ship to me and Vader would cost $61, it seems it should be the other way around.

How is the breakage-rate on this figure lately?

I wonder if Sideshow does an extra check or something mpw. I was just checking shipping cost for a few different figures and for example ED-209 would cost ~$40 to ship to me and Vader would cost $61, it seems it should be the other way around.

Yeah the shipping on some of these items is weird. The standard Clone Trooper (Shiny, Veteran, 501st, 212th) all cost $54 to ship to Australia, but Commander Wolffe only costs $40. The weird thing is Commander Wolffe's box is bigger (height is the same, width on one side is the same but the width on the other side is thicker). Both weight the same, yet somehow the Clone Trooper in the smaller box has almost double the international dimensional weight.

Yeah the shipping on some of these items is weird. The standard Clone Trooper (Shiny, Veteran, 501st, 212th) all cost $54 to ship to Australia, but Commander Wolffe only costs $40. The weird thing is Commander Wolffe's box is bigger (height is the same, width on one side is the same but the width on the other side is thicker). Both weight the same, yet somehow the Clone Trooper in the smaller box has almost double the international dimensional weight.

Vader has gone up in price though. I entertained getting him from Sideshow around release and back then it was $41.65 or something close to that. ED is just in release is it common for stuff to get more expensive as time passes? I have never ordered from Sideshow because it is almost always cost prohibitive to do so.

Back