Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zajuqyty.jpg

Some shots of my 1/6 scale vader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow great light effects from the base , nice .

My retailer assured me that I will get it this week. Gonna collect/steal :rotfl posses from this thread!!

Yeah, my tutorial is not 100% complete when you want to attempt exactly the same. As you said, VDG, the feet have to be cut off from the boots, as they are originally one piece. The toes also have to be removed from the TT feet, and the feet dremeled down a bit to fit in the Marmit shoes.
When putting together the armor, I also unscrewed the upper torso of the body to put the marmit groin/abdomen armor on, as that won't slide up over the legs (nor down the shoulders).
I think I also sanded down his shoulders a bit to make them less wide, although I'm not sure about that. I did dremel the hell out of the arms and legs to make them thinner. I only shaved the inside of the marmit armor slightly I think, to not risk damaging it. It's always easier to replace a TT part than a marmit armor part.
If you ever acquire a Marmit and want to attempt the mod, just hit me up with any questions you have, Fiend.

Thanks, will do. :) Actually most of this sounds very familiar. I did much of the same when I put together my Medix Batman. Lots of dremeling, trimming, cutting etc. I switched out the Medi body with an HT Slim and I dremeled the living hell out of the that body to get it to fit into the suit, the whole body too. I also had to cut off the ends of the feet and shape so they would fit into the boots

What exactly do you guys dislike about this figure?

"I am your father" gauntlet on wrong hand, body suit too baggy, body not proportionally accurate, shape of helmet innacurate... it requires a lot of customizing and kitbashing to build an (more) accurate Vader.

Lord Vader will be here tomorrow. :yess: :horror :panic: :clap :thud: :impatient:

Roll on tomorrow and please no QC issues. :pray:

Hey Greygoose has your Vader arrived yet buddy?

Back