Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the batteries they ship with are just cheapy no name batteries. I know sometimes the batteries that ship with my kids toys don't last as long as the ones I replace them with. Just a thought, maybe store bought ones might last longer?
It has always bothered me, and seemed illogical, that such tiny, smaller-than-aspirin low capacity batteries are used in Hot Toys figures like the Ironman armors, and now in this SS Vader, when there IS enough space in the body to hold larger batteries that would last longer. I'm sure their choices are based more on economics (profit) than design logistics.

Working on my photo skills. Great figure!
12198998683_357b4a8d7e_b.jpg12199166634_2d5955498f_b.jpg
12199370356_20f72c1755_b.jpg12199166144_08101b04fb_b.jpg
12199369206_218020c27d_b.jpg12198748105_5a77c04ec8_b.jpg

Just opened up my replacement head and just like my replacement cape it is pristine.
SS must have really anticipated having to replace the head 'cause it came in its own box with plastic trays specifically for it. The tray even has the notches that hold the two trays together.
I now have to make time to destroy the damaged head.

I like it! Great experimenting with the Medicom saber! I'm getting ready to do that, myself!

What are you shooting with? And what's your studio configuration?

It looks like your throwing at least one gel on the figure. And hint: Longer exposure time means that the saber will look more fully-lit. Like this:

183.jpg

So anyone who has a crooked unmasked head sculpt ask for replacement? If so, does the replacement comes better? thx in advance.

My Vader is here! Unfortunately he is across town at my mom's house (he was a birthday present) and I have to wait until tomorrow till I can go pick him up...I'm both excited and scared at the same time. Hoping he comes undamaged.

Last edited:
Cool pics natron.

Thanks Para. Waiting for your pictures now. :lol Hope it arrives in one piece.

Thanks, I hope he arrives with no major issues. I shall find out later today! :panic:

I'm going to take pics of Vader tomorrow evening, as my new camera is coming tomorrow. He'll be my first piece to photograph with it! :yess:

Last edited:
Back