Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A simple ruler would solve the mystery really quickly. Didn't I read someone post that the NEW Vader is 14.25" tall?

Electronic box is too cool.

IMG_7031.JPG

Awesome photo! :bow

Just placed my order. Lets see how long it takes to ship out. Placed the order with paypal even thought it was under "Pre-Order" which is awesome.

Have to say very impressed with this as a whole set. There is a sweet spot/angle looking at the stock helmet where it's pretty much perfect. I will be lowering it slightly like King did, but it looks very good out of the box, no QC issues on mine, edge of the cloak is perfect, tusks fine etc. I'm not very keen on either the unmasked sculpt or the light sabre blade, they let down an otherwise top notch package. I love the lights on the suit, and I never normally bother with light up functions, these are just so cool. I like the stands, the hands, pretty much everything. Yeah sure he's tall, but not too bothered this time around, his proportions are better especially around the legs/boots which were crazy big on the ANH version.

Love it.

Stock, but I did wrap electrical tape around the thighs and calves to keep the armor on better. Also, I added velcro to the chest armor so that it can lock in on the side.

Thanks for the tips. I need to have a go-over on my troopers this weekend.

Just received Vader and sure enough the left tusk is broken off. I was lucky enough to find it but then saw the nice big scuff mark on the helm. The display helmet is flawless of course.

Needless to say, pics have been emailed to Sideshow CS and a replacement will be sent out within a few days. They're going to run out of replacements at this rate. Other than that, love this figure. Going right into my white Master Light House.

They're going to run out of replacements at this rate.

I doubt they're done with production, so they'll be making corrections to their assembly and packing processes and/or ramping up additional units. This figure will probably still be available at the end of the year - no guarantees, but just my estimation based on their other products that don't advertise an edition size. And considering they still need to ship the non-exclusive version.

Holt Crap, King, that looks good.

DISCLAIMER!: I am in no suggesting anyone do this mod. I also in no way suggest this is the perfect Vader, more or less screen accurate than any other Vader out there, or better than the stock Vader. I did this to make it the best Vader FOR ME! Only posting upon request!!!!

Preparing for Lord Vader's arrival in Blighty on Friday 24th!

You chaps have got me all excited - I wanna play too!

Honestly, I've had Vader a week now, and overall he is excellent. My only real beef is with the stand (too big), and the lightsaber blade. This one is really quite a bit nicer than the ANH one, and I still love that one. This one is just much closer in scale - forget those Rebelscum comparison shots - and I really do love the light up feature.

I do wish the eyes were painted to look like Sith, but all in all, really glad I got him. And to think I was on the bubble thanks to some early pictures!!!

:yess: Woke up this morning to see a big box in the living room waiting for me. My buddy (driver) must have dropped it off first cause he knew I was waiting for this guy. I'll open him soon! need to eat and get some imperial march ready first!.

Back