Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why the dome is usually wrong... It's not necessarily the exterior size, but the eyebrows of the dome are not supposed to share the same arc as the eyelid...it's supposed to arc further out to give the appearance of a larger dome...

(Dont heed shape of the silhouette of dome in the sketch,
it's the opening of the dome I'm trying to illustrate here)
That's a great point, demorathis. Never noticed that, before, but it absolutely makes a big difference.

Sounds like they haven't fixed the massive height on their second go-round.

This from the Review: this new Sixth Scale Darth Vader, which stands tall at 13.75 inches

That was the problem height of the first Vader, wasn't it?

Sounds like they haven't fixed the massive height on their second go-round.

This from the Review: this new Sixth Scale Darth Vader, which stands tall at 13.75 inches

That was the problem height of the first Vader, wasn't it?
14.5" I think is what ANH is at.

No processing email for me, and my final flex is due on the 5th.
Apparently ANH Vader is 14.25". Supposing 13.75" is accurate with the new ROTJ Vader, then he's only .25" out of scale (13.5" being roughly equal to 6'9", as Prowse was in his Vader costume).

14.5" I think is what ANH is at.

No processing email for me, and my final flex is due on the 5th.

Apparently ANH Vader is 14.25". Supposing 13.75" is accurate with the new ROTJ Vader, then he's only .25" out of scale (13.5" being roughly equal to 6'9", as Prowse was in his Vader costume).

That's right, ANH Vader was over 14". Man, what were they thinking? So 1/2 inch less is an improvement.

Incidentally, Vader is listed as 202 cm tall in everything I've ever read and that translates into 13.25" in 1/6th. So truly, he's still a 1/2" too tall with the correction.

I see a new run on KP bodies...

How come some people have gotten their processing date and others haven't?

Mine still hasn't arrived?

I got my processing email too and mine is the exclusive version. I have another order for the non-EX but no processing email so far.

I still have not received my processing date either. Mine is also the Exclusive, but I'm in the UK. Do we get it later?

So I saw a video review of this on YouTube and the arms seem too thin and the pants look weird due to the boots fitting.

Will these be addressed or that is what will be sold ?

I am going to only have one SW figurine and deciding between this , Medicom Vader version 2 . Is medicom v2 worth the money and quality is good ?

Thanks

I still have not received my processing date either. Mine is also the Exclusive, but I'm in the UK. Do we get it later?

On 21st December SS changed my last flex payment for the Ex from 5th to 15th January "to coincide with the item's arrival into our warehouse".

Then they say the release date is the 7th, and leave me on the 15th!

Might as well have left it as it was. :cuckoo:

Back