Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader is 2.02 meters. Translated into feet is 6 feet 7 1/2 inches. So almost 6'8". Prowse was 6'4" at best. Giving 2 inches for heels and 2 for helmet that makes him 6'7" or so give or take. Any photos next to Ian Mcdiarmid, 5'9", Peter Mayhew, 7'4", or Harrison ford, 6'1", all show proof of this. There is no way he was as tall as chewbacca in the movies.

Vader is 2.02 meters. Translated into feet is 6 feet 7 1/2 inches. So almost 6'8". Prowse was 6'4" at best. Giving 2 inches for heels and 2 for helmet that makes him 6'7" or so give or take. Any photos next to Ian Mcdiarmid, 5'9", Peter Mayhew, 7'4", or Harrison ford, 6'1", all show proof of this. There is no way he was as tall as chewbacca in the movies.

David Prowse was either 6'6", or 6'7", depending on who you ask. He is a tall man. So yes, about 6'10" in costume. The ANH sideshow Vader is too tall, but your estimate of Vader being 6'7" is too short.

No thanks!

I'm afraid it's not in the best of shape. Back in the olden days we didn't frame posters. We used something called 'tape' to hang them on the wall. :lecture

I actually have all my Star Wars posters from the 70s and 80s.

I had to rebuy some nice mint ones. They can't be beat. Here are my two favorites from my collection.

ii9k.jpg

scn9.jpg

I also love the Burger Chef posters

9vns.jpg

Tell me about it...

I learned about the Hot toys a few weeks ago. My first figure was the DX12 Batman. Then I learned about the 1/4 Batman thats about to be released soon and I preordered that.

And yesterday I browsed sideshowtoys randomly and discovered this Darth Vader ROTJ figure.

I thought DX12 was going to be my only purchase lol.

This is just the beginning! ... I started by saying i will have just one 12 inch in my 7 inch collection. Just 1 ... And now over 68, some sold, i can safely say, it never stops. Its slows and then you have an year like 2013... Joker2, black widow, catwoman, terminator, bane, batpod, scarface res and war, bruce lee bl, spiderman, plus a few that i had to catch up , the ones i missed on. It wont stop. Now lets get back to topic :) and yes welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ever since I was a thirteen year old kid, (in 1977) I always read in magazines like Fantastic Films and Starlog that Prowse was 6'7", and Mayhew was 7'6". Easy to remember because the digits are reversed.

Does anybody of a place in the U.S. still taking pre-orders for Vader that doesn't require a deposit or pre-authorize your card? BBTS is sold out. Any leads would be much appreciated!

Darth Vader was much shorter than Chewbacca. David Prowse, before his surgeries, was 6'5". I think 6'8" is a pretty good estimate for him in the Vader costume.

I don't think there is another character in the history of toy production that is as scrutinized for it's accuracy as any incarnation of Darth Vader, it's the shoulders, the gauntlets, the helmet symmetry and height, the boots, etc....it never ends :)

David Prowse was either 6'6", or 6'7", depending on who you ask. He is a tall man. So yes, about 6'10" in costume. The ANH sideshow Vader is too tall, but your estimate of Vader being 6'7" is too short.

I might be wrong but I gotta disagree. There is no way David Prowse was more than 6'5" at most. Every website I've found has him 6'5" at his peek height. He had some really bad health problems later on that affected his height but only by an inch or so. I've met prowse and taken many photos over the years with him but of course it was well after his health problems. Here are the websites I found with his info and specific pics that lead me to believe he was 6'5" maybe 6'4".

https://www.comicvine.com/darth-vader/4005-6342/
ma9e5uty.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Prowse
u8ypy6em.jpg
4utyvene.jpg

Here's a pic of me, 5'8" and Prowse in 2004 at C3.
yhe4yhaq.jpg

Then with my wife of 5'2" with 3" heels on at C4.
zuhytuvu.jpg
eqeba5yd.jpg

Here is a pic of him with the fabulous 5.
gy9use6y.jpg

Harrison Ford 6'1"
Davis Prowse 6'5"
Carrie Fisher 5'1"
Peter Mayhew 7'4"
Mark Hamill 5'8"

You tell me. Does he look 6 inches taller than Ford? I don't think so.

Here is a pic with me and my coworker 6'5". He is a full head taller than me. I only come up to the bottom of his chin. There is no way Dave could be any taller than 6'5" at his peak height. He is only about 6'3" or 6'4" now but if he was ever 6'7" I'll eat my hat!
yqeba5an.jpg
ny5eba9y.jpg

I still submit that Vader was only 6'7 at most Vader was 6'9". That gives 2 inches for heels and 2 inches for the top of his helmet. No way was he 7 feet tall. I'd like some of what your smoking if you still think so.

Well regardless of his height, he's a great fellow and has lots of time for his fans. I only hope that his health is good for years to come. I would love for him to sign this coming Vader figure, he always personalises so that would be just great as a 'family time' momento.

The last time we met him, he was telling us about GL's lack of appreciation for many of the films' UK cast members, which was sad.

Well regardless of his height, he's a great fellow and has lots of time for his fans. I only hope that his health is good for years to come. I would love for him to sign this coming Vader figure, he always personalises so that would be just great as a 'family time' momento.

The last time we met him, he was telling us about GL's lack of appreciation for many of the films' UK cast members, which was sad.

Unfortunately Dave is unwell at the moment and cancelled his upcoming appearances according to his Facebook

^^That sucks. I hope he feels better. My prayers will be with him and his family. I'm just glad I got a chance to meet him. Very personable guy. Loves the fans. If anyone has not met him and has it on their list of things to do you won't be disappointed. Very cool guy indeed. Got a chance to buy him a drink and chat at the 501st Banquet at C4. Very funny.

^^That sucks. I hope he feels better. My prayers will be with him and his family. I'm just glad I got a chance to meet him. Very personable guy. Loves the fans. If anyone has not met him and has it on their list of things to do you won't be disappointed. Very cool guy indeed. Got a chance to buy him a drink and chat at the 501st Banquet at C4. Very funny.

I'd love to meet him, but visits to Australia are rare, I did have the pleasure of him responding to one of my emails yrs ago, but of course I can't vouch it was actually him replying

When SS is going update the photos on their site with the new helmet ? Been a while since they mentioned it in Comicon in one of the videos on saw

Back