Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine if the do it right... the ESB reveal would be one where the dome comes off and you can only see the scared back of his head. I don't think that happens with the Sideshow one, I think it's either reveal head or solid sculpt, no inbetween.

I had that thought as well. It seems suspicious that they started out saying this was an ESB/ROTJ hybrid but have now made it a ROTJ specific figure. But what can they do for an ESB specific figure that would be different than this one?

Since the ROTJ Vader comes with an AOTC Republic stand maybe the ESB Vader can come with a stand bearing the symbol of the Trade Federation. :p

Different reveal. :dunno

I imagine if the do it right... the ESB reveal would be one where the dome comes off and you can only see the scared back of his head. I don't think that happens with the Sideshow one, I think it's either reveal head or solid sculpt, no inbetween.

Good point. I hadn't even thought about how the full reveal helmet would work with this Vader. However I can't help but think that an in between reveal will seem like a step backwards.

Since the ROTJ Vader comes with an AOTC Republic stand maybe the ESB Vader can come with a stand bearing the symbol of the Trade Federation. :p

Didn't they fix that in a later photo?

I'm keeping the ANH... after the mods I really like it. But, only one of this figure as I assume a ESB specific version is coming at some point. Otherwise they would have kept touting it as a ESB/ROTJ hybrid.

I'm keeping mine too... And I have the exclusive when 'exclusive' actually meant something.

so how many of you are getting this figure that already have the last SS Darth Vader? I paid $140 for that (with shipping). Sure this has some more lights and the un helmeted head, but $110 more for that seems a bit much. Sideshow figures in the $200+ range seems like a huge gamble, until their quality matches that of HT.

I've pre-ordered this figure and, I also have the last SS Darth Vader. I agree, the new prices are quite a bit much... Unless the quality holds up to HT. I think this will be an awesome figure! I also have the medicom ROTJ Vader. Can't get to many!

I have ordered and probably will sell it off when it comes. Only cause of the nrd. To me this was always a very ordinary representation for an extraordinary character and oh yeah at an astronomical cost. So still penduluming on this. Only if it din have that nrd i wld be outta this deal.
Sideshow will let you cancel without paying the NRD if you have not done so before. You just have to call in and advise and they'll cancel the order for you and refund your deposit.

I've pre-ordered this figure and, I also have the last SS Darth Vader. I agree, the new prices are quite a bit much... Unless the quality holds up to HT. I think this will be an awesome figure! I also have the medicom ROTJ Vader. Can't get to many!
I think it comes with more accessories than it needs and that drove up the price up unnecessarily. The display helmet with stand and reveal headsculpt seem kinda pointless to me, since it's doubtful I'd display either. Like Lu, I'll be waiting until these are in-hand before committing.

Sideshow will let you cancel without paying the NRD if you have not done so before. You just have to call in and advise and they'll cancel the order for you and refund your deposit.

I think it comes with more accessories than it needs and that drove up the price up unnecessarily. The display helmet with stand and reveal headsculpt seem kinda pointless to me, since it's doubtful I'd display either. Like Lu, I'll be waiting until these are in-hand before committing.

Yeah he really didn't need to come with that extra helmet mask, not sure if the light up stand was needed either.
The lighted belt also was un-needed and ran up costs. Even people hate it i would have prefered a lighted saber.

Personally on an expensive figure like this, if they can justify lights anywhere, it's the chest and belt. Although I'm a sucker in general for extra accessories and lights, I'd be fine if they skipped the light-up base and helmet/stand (one can make a pretty strong case for a reveal HS with a Jedi Vader, obviously -- even if not at all close to Shaw).

Gotta disagree about the sabre unless Sideshow went all out and did cold cathode. I'm guessing if SSC or HT ever get into making CC sabres that they could perfect them and get away from any wonky end-bits and really make them look perfect. Until then, I'd prefer to stick to after-market. The sabre that came with Padawan Obi-Wan was horrible and hopefully SSC never attempts to repeat it.

Of all the orders i have placed i have one allwed cancel already executed earlier this year - so am outta luck on that. I am also ok loosing that 25 bucks, unless this gets sold out sometime soon. But dosnt look like it will get sold out until shipment time or even later unless they curb production as this is moving way too slow for a darth vader figure. Or so i think.

Personally on an expensive figure like this, if they can justify lights anywhere, it's the chest and belt. Although I'm a sucker in general for extra accessories and lights, I'd be fine if they skipped the light-up base and helmet/stand (one can make a pretty strong case for a reveal HS with a Jedi Vader, obviously -- even if not at all close to Shaw).

Gotta disagree about the sabre unless Sideshow went all out and did cold cathode. I'm guessing if SSC or HT ever get into making CC sabres that they could perfect them and get away from any wonky end-bits and really make them look perfect. Until then, I'd prefer to stick to after-market. The sabre that came with Padawan Obi-Wan was horrible and hopefully SSC never attempts to repeat it.

Man its not that tough to make lighted sabres. Anything wld be better than the ones they have shown in the pic. Sabres have always looked worse in person than the pics... Usually. I was hoping they will be lighted... This figure is still far away and for this cost am sure they can make some improvisations but i guess they wont.

I am glad these sabers don't light. It's gimmicky and would only increase the cost of an already expensive piece.

I kinda like obi's lighted saber though, sure its not great by any means but i like having it.
I wish lit though the whole blade though, why couldn't they have at least done that?
I kinda hope this guy comes out soon but i at the same time i got heartbreaker, ed209, and robo to get in jan-feb :gah:

I was thinking to display this Vader with two stormtroopers , however I don't want to pay big bucks. Is there any 1/6 ( or similar size ) cheap storm troopers ?

hey guys, Not a big Star Wars fan but I am interested in getting this guy, but I see this figure is getting a lot of hate on here. Can anyone explain exactly why the hate? To my casual eye he looks perfect but I am sure the die hard fans can tell me in the inconsistencies between this and the real Vader. Thanks.

Back