Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nam knows better than to come in to a Star Wars thread these days. After reading all the hyperbole, trolling, and nitpicking it's easy to see why.

scaramouche-prude-animated-gif-movies-silently.gif

...Anyway, with so many months until the expected ship date, there's plenty of opportunity for this figure to get much worse. ;) And if you're one of the people waiting for Hot Toys to release a Vader, I hope you're under 20 now, because you may very well be waiting a few decades for that to happen, if ever. Sideshow controls Star Wars premium figure licensing at this moment in time. You'll be lucky to see any HT SW in the next 12 months at all.
Yep, I get your points but Vader never looked 'off' to me in any of the three movies from any angle and my initial impression of this figure - just looking at the helmet - is that I've seen sculpts that match my impression of Vader better. That said, it's very early so I'll be withholding my judgement for a long while, yet. For my own purposes, I don't really care if this is the best version available and how long it takes to get one I would be happy with... if it never happens, it's not a big deal. I really only want stuff in my collection now that's up there with Tamashii 3PO (inaccuracies on that one, like the pistons, don't bother me like they do some).

The funny thing is SS simply used the Vader helmet sculpt from Portumac on their 1:1 bust, and not even asked him for that LOL... So they recast his work

BTW the Imperial logo from the base looks a bit odd, it's more like Republic logo than Imperial logo

100076_press07_zps83471754.jpg

If the base is supposed to be the Imperial Cog that's just failure at a completely new level. :lol

I would be perfectly happy with this as it looks now if it wasn't for the dome. I don't know if it's too small or too short. But there is something wrong with it in my eyes.

I don't have a good eye for details, at least not at a glance. I actually have problems with that at work, but in some of the pictures you just see under the dome where you shoudn't be able to. It can't be helped, too bad.

Last edited:
Seriously, does it really matter that much?

If you like it, you just buy it. If you think that you can't live with the inaccuracies, then forget about it and move on. You will be more happy seeing a few more 0s in your bank account though. :lol

If the base is supposed to be the Imperial Cog that's just failure at a completely new level. :lol

100076_press07_zps83471754.jpg

I would be perfectly happy with this as it looks now if it wasn't for the dome. I don't know if it's too small or too short. But there is something wrong with it in my eyes.

I don't have a good eye for details, at least not at a glance. I actually have problems with that at work, but in some of the pictures you just see under the dome where you shoudn't be able to. It can't be helped, too bad.

LOL! they used the episode 2 republic cog

republic_symbol.png

I dont mind it that much, but I would have prefered the imperial one.

And if you're one of the people waiting for Hot Toys to release a Vader, I hope you're under 20 now, because you may very well be waiting a few decades for that to happen, if ever. Sideshow controls Star Wars premium figure licensing at this moment in time. You'll be lucky to see any HT SW in the next 12 months at all.

I know one sure way to fix that so HT can take over the license...everyone just needs to stop buying the SS releases!!

Should have been this one...

imperial-galactic-logo-%5B2%5D-1038-p.jpg

That kind of oversight goes a long way to explain some things...

This is the kind of thing I would hope they fix before delivery. No reason ROTJ Vader should be standing on a Republic symbol.

That kind of oversight goes a long way to explain some things...

This is the kind of thing I would hope they fix before delivery. No reason ROTJ Vader should be standing on a Republic symbol.

:lecture

Though I will admit I didn't notice until someone pointed it out. I don't use stands anyways, but. . . it's kind of an embarrassing mistake to make.

Perhaps, it's what Lucasilm wanted them to use?? Likely not, but. . .

Back