Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when I bought exclusive vader for 120 and nearly choked that I spent so much. I kept him mint and sadly had to sell him because of an employment setback. He sold for 500. That's beside the point. It pained me to sell him but now I read this announcement and do the dance of joy!

Shouldn't the ESB helmet look shinier though?

Pretty much looks like a recycle of ANH Vader.

Wow, didn't expect to be able to see Vader today. He looks great and I was hoping for the holopad he used in ESB with the Emperor. From first glance, the robes look pretty good, too (if a bit puffy). Great thing with that is they'd be super easy to get customized, so that's not really a concern. Can't wait to see more.

Edit: Dammit, now I'm wondering what the exclusive with Vader will be... doesn't seem to be anything too obvious and nothing I can think from the old Kenner days that Sideshow could throw in. Looking forward to seeing what they do, though I'm OK with no exclusive, as well.

I remember when I bought exclusive vader for 120 and nearly choked that I spent so much. I kept him mint and sadly had to sell him because of an employment setback. He sold for 500. That's beside the point. It pained me to sell him but now I read this announcement and do the dance of joy!

I was in the same boat. Initially Vader hadn't sold out right away, so I bought a second to keep sealed just because I liked it so much. Money got tight and I had to sell it and it made back the cost and extra. I still have the one I kept loose, but kind of regretted selling the sealed one since my money issue was fine later on.

Now, I take a look at this figure and even though I like it and I'm glad we get another Vader, I know the $120 price-point is just a dream these days. With Fett going at $175, there's no way this Vader will be less than $200. The only thing I can rely on is that, like Fett, the ES will be so high on this one that I might just get it somewhere cheap a couple months after release.

Here you are guys. Another lousy, distorted, blurry pic from the front!

sdcc-ssc001.jpg

Vader looks awesome! But I have to say the helmet seems to be sitting a little high. Thanks for sharing!

Without seeing more pics, my first impression is it's the same quality as the previous version, only done ROTJ/ESB style. However I have the feeling it's going to be $225 instead of $125 this time.

The armor that covers the deltoids should be black, not gray. The cape looks like it's the same quality as the last one. The armor in general should be shinier.

Back