Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is a short in the wiring. if you unplug it from the chest box does the belt boxes light up. if they do that`s what the problem is. it`s happen to me

Well deserved win in my opinion. I own it, and all the nitpicks although noticeable are greatly exaggerated until you see it in hand.

Glad you noticed... I guess the cat's out of the bag for anyone wonderinhg what the hell I'm talking about.

It's this -- The Sideshow Deluxe Vader WON the 6th Scale Figure of The Year (FOTY) in Michael Crawford's Poppies Poll which takes into account a mix of polls. It's was a total and welcome surprise to me.

Anyway, thought you guys would have wanted to know. PS, This was the first time in 6 years Hot Toys did not win best Sixth scale figure in the poppies.

Thanks Michael.

buffalo bill waiting....gif

Glad you noticed... I guess the cat's out of the bag for anyone wonderinhg what the hell I'm talking about.

It's this -- The Sideshow Deluxe Vader WON the 6th Scale Figure of The Year (FOTY) in Michael Crawford's Poppies Poll which takes into account a mix of polls. It's was a total and welcome surprise to me.

Anyway, thought you guys would have wanted to know. PS, This was the first time in 6 years Hot Toys did not win best Sixth scale figure in the poppies.

Thanks Michael.
That's all very nice, but with all due respect.. those results don't negate that figure's wonkiness one ever loving bit. :lol

Also worth noting; just because the new HT one's disappointing, doesn't automatically bump up the SSC 2.0 figure a rung or two either.. sorry. :huh

The quest certainly continues (for me anyway..).

For me this figure is similar to HT's DX07 Luke (except Luke photographs even worse), in that once I got it in-hand, the issues seemed very minimal. It's a very cool figure in-person, IMO.

totally agree for being figure of the year, with all the accs and features, with $250 this is the best value figure in 2014.

Gotta admit, that's a pretty striking shot there EF -- nice dramatization. On the Vader thing, yeah I never would have voted for it to be FOTY, but it was nice knowing it was recognized, I'm guessing for the totality and value of the set, it really is pretty complete (except for the missing "Join me" left hand). Whatever... I like mine and may do some mods -- def will pick up a HT sabre, may change out the belt and even the jumper. We'll see.

Father, please!!!11one one.

darth_vader_11.jpg

Should have looked more like this :wink1:

:exactly: People shouldn't have to essentially buy two complete high end Vaders (both SSC's to get the right parts) plus a somewhat rare model kit (Kaiyodo,) plus paints/customizing supplies, and then spend countless hours putting it all together to get an accurate 1/6 Vader. C'mon HT... fix your wonky prototype and deliver the goods!

Back