Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about if it had a voice chip to scream "NOOOOOOOOO!"

Or how about a North East exclusive Vader? c2aa7883768fbdbe26a5f7a3aec12127.jpg

Had my Vader almost a week. Great figure but let's be honest, the lightsaber sucks and is an insult in what ever prospective you display it in.

There is no replacement, yet. The only way to fix it is to un-stitch the bottom and re-stitch them back on the correct way. :(

Does it make any difference with how it bunches at at the crotch? Has anyone tried that?

Agreed, I would like to see Ewan McGregor play an older Obi-Wan ghost that still visits Luke. I think he could pull it off, what do you guys think?
Ewan M. was good as younger Obiwan, probably the only really good casting choice IMO. However: What would REALLY blow people's minds in the upcoming SW movie, (and be a fitting homage in memoriam) would be a PERFECT reproduction in CGI of Alec Guinness. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. Surely there must be plenty of dialogue outtakes and unused audio test recordings from which new dialog could be constructed, using Alec Guinness' real voice.
Get some excellent animators from WETA to recreate the face, add the blue glowing aura, and it would be amazing to see OBIWAN KENOBI on screen. It could be a really powerful moment between Ben and Luke.

Last edited:
I got My Vader in and he is awesome. Figure is fine with no issues. The helmet stand is a little crooked but not a big deal. Love the cape and inner robe they made for him. Anyone on the fence should buy Vader if they are a fan. I will post some crappy pics when I get him futzed

I agree that old footage and audio would work best. I mean they did it for Jor-El in superman returns and it worked really well. That being said I think Bernard Hill from Lord of The Rings would make a great stand in for Alec.

yzy3ezy5.jpg

vype2ere.jpg

nagyhame.jpg

He has the look and he may be able to pull off the voice. A CGI Alec I think would be my last choice though.

I don't think introducing a third actor or a digital recreation is a good idea.
Ewan nailed it, why over complicate things further?

Back