Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes a full week to get from California to New York, so you guys on the other side of the planet are doing pretty good.

Well at least mine is in the same country now :)

Mine is still in Hawaii accoring to the tracker :/

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Mine sat in Hawaii for 3 days according to Fedex tracking but he was just delivered to me now in the ACT. I must say I was expecting a much bigger and heavier box after some of the comments and the nearly doubling of the shipping cost on regular figures but I suppose when I look at the shipper box it probably could fit 3 Tuskens or Snowy's. Now if only the work day would end so I can go home and check him out.

Why do some people just want to cut up other people and focus on either turning the thread into an argument or trying to control how other people express themselves? Instead of, you know, maybe focusing on the figure? I haven't seen anyone trying to get anyone else to cancel their order.

When I saw that my order was about to ship, I kind of hoped more people would have already received their shipment, but obviously that's not the case. Photos elsewhere on the net are also very hard to come by.

I see what you're saying and you're right. I was also guilty of thinking you were just trying to be a jerk off in the threads, but theres nothing wrong with you doing your discussion and you are 100% right, at least you are discussing the figures instead of criticizing someone for "discussing" figures.

Jesus. ...:lol

At this point we really should have a Vader modification thread anyway. That way it can encompass the mods/discussion about height and all other stuff i. e. body swapping, the mixing and matching of different Vader parts etc.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Once most people have the figure, that is what this will turn into. By the time it does, most people will be gone anyway.

I think Sideshow is at the top of their game right now and look forward to their continued iteration and evolution. I'm not sure how many times I've said it, but I'll say it again, Sideshow is charging Hot Toys prices because they feel they're providing Hot Toys level product. From photos alone, I tend to agree. It will no doubt take some time for more people to see all their latest offerings in-hand before it becomes commonly accepted, but it's coming.

The height thing with this release doesn't change that in my mind, and I'm not trying to change anyone else's opinion either. Recognizing a flaw doesn't have to lessen one's appreciation for the piece. Hey, I'll get shot down every time, but I still prefer Sideshow's Sand Troopers to all others, despite their flaws.

I think Sideshow is at the top of their game right now and look forward to their continued iteration and evolution. I'm not sure how many times I've said it, but I'll say it again, Sideshow is charging Hot Toys prices because they feel they're providing Hot Toys level product. From photos alone, I tend to agree. It will no doubt take some time for more people to see all their latest offerings in-hand before it becomes commonly accepted, but it's coming.

I don't think they are quite at Hot Toys prices yet. I'd equate this to a DX, the last of which was $314 (granted it comes with a "second" figure if you count the t1000 prop as a second figure) but they are getting close.

A lot of people have been complaining since this guy was priced and then when the Hoth stuff was priced. My other often repeated line is that SSC's current SW figures are at Hot Toys basic figures prices. A little less in fact, when HT is about $210+ and SSC $199. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Sideshow figures priced close to $150, but in general everything is moving upward - which is more indicative of a great deal of markets, not necessarily only this hobby.

A lot of people have been complaining since this guy was priced and then when the Hoth stuff was priced. My other often repeated line is that SSC's current SW figures are at Hot Toys basic figures prices. A little less in fact, when HT is about $210+ and SSC $199. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Sideshow figures priced close to $150, but in general everything is moving upward - which is more indicative of a great deal of markets, not necessarily only this hobby.

The Hoth figures are a lot closer in price to MMS figures. Does this mean the new Stormtroopers will be die cast and $250+ each?

True, id only assume that would be because US fed ex delivers via ground over there?

UPS within the US (at least for my order), but yes, ground service. I'm actually in Canada but always have SSC stuff delivered to my US business mailbox and then pic it up when I go down once or so per month.

The Hoth figures are a lot closer in price to MMS figures.

Right. They don't currently produce anything more basic than their MMS line do they? My last MMS was Selina Kyle and she was only a few $ under $200 retail. I believe the lowest priced HT I have is Alice, which is nice figure with some amazing detailed accessories, but a perfect example where Hot Toys has also dropped the ball - prototypes looked exactly like a photograph of Jovovich from every angle, production piece completely different and on a body with a horrendous back-side. It's the only HT figure I have that I've ever considered a major mod on (body swap). Instead I'm putting her on a higher shelf where it's impossible to see her a55.

Does this mean the new Stormtroopers will be die cast and $250+ each?

I hope not, die cast wouldn't be appropriate for troopers as their armor isn't supposed to be metallic as far as I know. Obviously the props aren't metallic, but I wouldn't think the in-universe material is supposed to be a metal, unlike for instance C3PO's shell.

I hope not, die cast wouldn't be appropriate for troopers as their armor isn't supposed to be metallic as far as I know. Obviously the props aren't metallic, but I wouldn't think the in-universe material is supposed to be a metal, unlike for instance C3PO's shell.

The Die Cast was more a bit of a joke. Hopefully new troopers will be around the $150 mark and come in a variety of options like the new clones (clean, battle damaged, sand trooper, etc). I'd like a couple of clean ones and another sandtrooper.

You never know when someone from SSC reads one of these jokes and pitches it to their bosses for an upcoming design. ;)

Officially the stormtroopers armour is made from " plastisteel" so it could theoretically be made from a die cast...it's kinds vague as to whether the implication is a polymer with the strength of steel or a steel with the properties of a plastic......like vaders " durasteel" armour...

So we've only seen pics from Rubio and King? Hopefully that'll all change tomorrow.

:wave :wave
11882461536_7d35c7bcec_o.jpg

There's only one Vader, and unless you're a prop purist, there's no in-universe reason for small differences from movie to movie. Vader did not order in a new set of armor.

You could have stopped right there and your position would have been clear as a bell. It's a great figure. No arguments there. But if the height is "fine" to you, it may not be to others. You show a tremendous amount of disrespect to other members while trying to defend the product. Something's not right about that to me. No one here is showing disrespect to Sideshow for having produced this figure and no one is showing disrespect to members who love the figure and don't care about its flaws.

I suppose that's a matter of perspective. The shots of Vader with SSC's Boba and HT's Luke Luke somewhat ridiculous to me. Not the same as posing a Kenner Vader at almost 15" but still noticeably out of scale - bothersome.

This isn't a Medicom thread, but I'm curious in what way you think they're superior? I think they're garbage. Very poor plastics, bad joints, bad glue, bad proportions, overall fragile. Plenty of people doing body swaps for a reason.

Do you participate in any winter sports? Is there snow where you're from? I'll give you the gloves may not be precisely screen accurate, but they're not obscene by any stretch of the imagination. Winter gloves are always gong to be bigger than tight-fitting leather task gloves.

GREAT. I've seen that everyone who has mentioned the height has been otherwise positive about the figure as a whole, myself included. Sideshow did a fantastic job, it's easily the best Vader ever produced in articulated form.

There's no venom, take the hyperbole down a notch. You agree he's oversized in one sentence and then claim it's venom from others? Well proportioned yes on his own, yes for the most part, but your photos show the helmet as problematic - it looks bad in many of the photos, just like with Sideshow's own photos, so it's nothing about your photographic skills. Compare to what it looks like in King's photos.

I'm not sure that you're actually making a point here or just trying to insult other members again. Here's posting tip for you specific to Vader. He's right handed and never holds his saber, lit or unlit, in his left hand. It looks very out of place.

Stop telling other people what to do. Do what you want and let other people do the same. Sounds reasonable, no?

You haven't read that most people are still waiting to receive this guy? Half the posts in here have been about charge and shipping times. Then there are other people, myself included, asking for new photos, not reposts. If you have the figure in hand, how about some other photos that people have asked for? No need to repost, especially since you've already said you're fundamentally against it.

It ain't.

Thanks for posting. Enjoy the figure, fellas.

Back