Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that had been tried with the ANH Vader and the TTM20's chest and biceps were too big. Personally, I don't like that body for Vader, anyway. Reminds me too much of that POTF Vader that came out way back when and looked like Vader on 'roids. He was just never that insanely muscular, even if he was a big guy.

Last edited:
That is correct.

It was I who bought a TTM20 for my ANH Vader and reported that it wasn't going to work without a lot of cutting. :lol

Butt and chest were too big and the neck plug would have been a nightmare to adapt. Even if the neck hadn't been an issue it would have made the helmet ride far too high above the shoulders.

I just opted for the clone tummy swap and gave my TTM20 to Skiman. :lol

I thought that had been tried with the ANH Vader and the TTM20's chest and biceps were too big. Personally, I don't like that body for Vader, anyway. Reminds me too much of that POTF Vader that came out way back when and looked like Vader on 'roids. He was just was never that insanely muscular, even if he was a big guy.

I had forgotten about that, doesn't look like the suit will even stretch to fit a muscular body, now that I look at it.

Who did you order from?

I ordered him as soon as FP.co.uk had him up greygoose.

I have a whack of PO's with them but recently I have used MB, Collectiblekitbask UK and Collectiblesdirect UK and all three have been super thus far.

I was thinking of scrapping my Vader PO with FP.co.uk as Darren at Collectiblekitbash has him for £185 plus P&P and at FP.co.uk he is £230 and that includes P&P.

That is correct.

It was I who bought a TTM20 for my ANH Vader and reported that it wasn't going to work without a lot of cutting. :lol

Butt and chest were too big and the neck plug would have been a nightmare to adapt. Even if the neck hadn't been an issue it would have made the helmet ride far too high above the shoulders.

I just opted for the clone tummy swap and gave my TTM20 to Skiman. :lol
Ah, OK. Yeah, I thought I remembered something about the butt being too big for the jumpsuit, haha. Sure Skiman made good use of the TTM20.

Really looking forward to seeing some in-hand pics of Vader swapped over to the KP02. It's a pretty reasonable body @ ~$40.00, but just want to be sure it's worthwhile before I commit to it. (Also, do we know for certain that KP02 will still be compatible with the new Vader? That's one of the things keeping me from ordering one, as well.) This time next week we should know for sure.

My biggest fear of body swapping is that somehow the new body will make it so the electronics don't fit anymore.

So far I have no idea how the lights work on Vader without it being connected to something. Hell for all we know SSC could have wires going thru holes in suit to a battery inside the body. And that could ruin the light up feature if ya customize it.

Got my notice for this guy finally!

Quick question, what's the best bet for finding stormtroopers to go with this guy? I know the Marmit ones were rather good but there's not many to be found. Has sideshow said if they'll revisit the Stormtroopers?

So far I have no idea how the lights work on Vader without it being connected to something. Hell for all we know SSC could have wires going thru holes in suit to a battery inside the body. And that could ruin the light up feature if ya customize it.

Well we know the wires run through the chest piece to the belt and that the battery pack is on the back of the belt. But I was worried that somehow if you use one of the bigger bodies that maybe the chest piece and the belt won't fit around the same way and that may mess up the electronics a bit.

forum.php

Just visit starwars.wikia.com , the fact is:
Darth Vader 202 cm tall, he's 1/6 is 33.6 cm (13.23 inch)
Luke 172 cm tall, he's 1/6 is 28.6 cm (11.25 inch)

from that picture, is it scale accurate??
what do you think guys? :)

Damn. I was going to buy this figure but it is way too huge to be in scale.

Got my notice for this guy finally!

Quick question, what's the best bet for finding stormtroopers to go with this guy? I know the Marmit ones were rather good but there's not many to be found. Has sideshow said if they'll revisit the Stormtroopers?
Wait for a re-release. Sideshow will definitely be revisiting them but we just don't know when. Opinions on the old SSC Stormies don't tend to be overly enthusiastic for a few different reasons, so personally I wouldn't bother picking them up.

Well we know the wires run through the chest piece to the belt and that the battery pack is on the back of the belt. But I was worried that somehow if you use one of the bigger bodies that maybe the chest piece and the belt won't fit around the same way and that may mess up the electronics a bit.
Yeah, seems like it's been confirmed that the chest and belt are completely self-contained and do not run through the body, so that shouldn't be a problem. Like pixle says, though, it would suck if the diameter of the KP02's chest is such that it distorts how the chest piece lays or makes it impossible to fit at all. I definitely would avoid modifying the actual respirator/belt piece. Want everything to be reversible so I can revert to unmodded, if needed.

It actually looks less out of scale than I feared it would next to HT's Luke, so I was a bit relieved. I'd wait until you see pics of a body-swapped Vader before making a final decision, supposing you're not against swapping on principle.

Last edited:

I wouldn't put any stock in those star wars wiki statements.

A 1:6 Mark Hamill (5'9) would be 11.5 inches.
A 1:6 Vader (with boots and helmet at 6'9) should be 13.5 inches.

I wouldn't put any stock in those star wars wiki statements.

A 1:6 Mark Hamill (5'9) would be 11.5 inches.
A 1:6 Vader (with boots and helmet at 6'9) should be 13.5 inches.

Yeah, I think the scale, while still slightly off, works. Maybe I'm just easy to please though.

I don't think it's all that out of scale, from all the calculations and discussions already hashed out in this thread, at most it's 1/4" too tall, which isn't much.

In a lot of production stills where Vader and Luke are standing on equal ground you can see the top of Luke's head comes up around the tusk/nose area - this looks pretty darn close to that in regards to the HT Luke. Don't forget Hamill is a bit on the shorter side.

It's also good to remember that a lot of the early pro-bodied Star Wars figures were on the too short side (stormtroopers and at least one Imperial officer) which just adds to the perception Vader is out of scale as in the RS pics.

It was a major concern to me at first, but after these pics, the scale seems close enough that my fears are gone.

edit:

**All replying at the same time **

Back