Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think malgus looks bad *** . How is he cheap ??

Well maybe its just that its a crappy RS pic but it just looks cheap. The armor doesn't look sculpted well,
the body suit looks the same as vaders only a diff color, they hid this fact by covering the loose pants with thigh armor.
Just my opinion folks i know DV isn't perfect either, i think malgus will look better in hand.

Nothing like a reasoned argument.
:cuckoo:

What i have to list all the reasons why the medi version is bad? :slap Fine:
Body suit looks almost worse than this one, he has no neck, inferior reveal head, crapy cape and tunic.
He's so small and scrawny that he looks a kid in DV cosplay.
He's smaller scale like all medi's, even puny next to other SW medi's!

I think thats enough for now why the medi DV is inferior.

What i have to list all the reasons why the medi version is bad? :slap Fine:

Body suit looks almost worse than this one, he has no neck, inferior reveal head, crapy cape and tunic.

He's so small and scrawny that he looks a kid in DV cosplay.

He's smaller scale like all medi's, even puny next to other SW medi's!

I think thats enough for now why the medi DV is inferior.

So what are you trying to say?

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with Vader's pants? And what's wrong with his height? He's a quarter inch too tall?

A quarter of an inch? A little more than half a centimeter? :dunno

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with Vader's pants? And what's wrong with his height? He's a quarter inch too tall?

A quarter of an inch? A little more than half a centimeter? :dunno

I don't have any issue with his height, it's nothing worth frisking out over. The pants though look like cheap heated pressed vinyl, rather than leather/fabric/leatherette. In my opinion any way, replacing a fabric/soft goods part of a figure with plastic is a step backwards.

:dunno

I think the pants being baggy will be a quick mod fix. The person that did that review said that every time you put the boots back on, the pants ride up again. So why not do something to hold the pants on the bottom by the feet so when you slide the boots back on, the pants stay in place and keep a tighter fit? That's the first thing I am going to do when this figure is in my hands.

I guess I'm just not seeing it.

With a little futzing, this figure will be fine. I also don't care about the height issue. I don't have a problem with Vader being taller and having a dominating presence on the shelf. That's how it should be.

With a little futzing, this figure will be fine. I also don't care about the height issue. I don't have a problem with Vader being taller and having a dominating presence on the shelf. That's how it should be.

:exactly: David Prowse was a huge mofo in the DV suit so he should be tall figure.
As to the baggy pant issue i think someone said something about taking off the boots and binding his pantlegs before putting the boots back on.

I wont know what i can do till i have it, though i do wish i could do something about the skinny arms. His legs dont look skinny so why do his arms :dunno

:exactly: David Prowse was a huge mofo in the DV suit so he should be tall figure.
As to the baggy pant issue i think someone said something about taking off the boots and binding his pantlegs before putting the boots back on.

I wont know what i can do till i have it, though i do wish i could do something about the skinny arms. His legs dont look skinny so why do his arms :dunno

Yeah I hear ya. If the suit is accessible from the back to get in, I'm thinking of fattening up the arms underneath some.

To me he looks baggy and loose all around. Of course as pictures of I hand roll in he might look different. Still with the $300 price tag for DX13 I am on the fence with another big price figure.

Back