Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, why would you deprive yourself of having such an iconic figure in your collection when it was the best that you could get for years?

I look upon this the other way. Why should I put it in my collection if I don't feel it's high enough quality to be there?

You don't. If you don't enjoy futz 'n bash game and a piece doesn't meet your standards the only thing you have left is your love of the character. If that is not enough to keep you from passing then your decision has been made a lot easier for you.

Love for the character should only mean a quest for more perfection and near zero tolerance. Why would any one care if someone has no love for it and its inaccurate! ... If someone is such a fan of upgrades of any and every figure every time then probably they should sell these as spare parts rather than actual complete figure...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm surprised no one's done a modest run of Marmit Vader kit casts. :lol

Or have they.. :monkey3

Unrelated to the Marmit kit, but a boardie called Hurricane makes (made) some really good Vaders. His most recent ones look like 1:1 replicas. Its sad that his workload got the better of him and he has a truckload of backlog from what I've read. His final product though is unbelievably perfect.

1475917_2038974316241805_259690154_n.jpg

Shared by qqb

Hot Toys Collectors シ facebook group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/hottoys.collectors/

Looks like his Schwartz is trying to break free. :lol

Seriously though, the figure doesn't look too bad there actually..

See i am not an expert at this, i usually display them straight out of box. So when you say not too bad... What all is off! I have been on the fence from day 1 but things that bother me dont bother others and hence checking....

I think he looks pretty awesome. Can't wait till this bad boy is parted out at TA.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
..things that bother me dont bother others...
That's about the size of it - my issues might not phase others. It's just really difficult to replicate the 1:1 suit in 1/6 scale. Sometimes - like Boba Fett, subtle things can make or break a figure for me. The helmet dome placement / shape, the look of the bodysuit, the way the robes drape, the way the outfit pieces sit or 'hang' on the body - & if I'm going to be honest, the arms still look thin to me.

Last edited:
That's about the size of it - my issues might not phase others. It's just really difficult to replicate the 1:1 suit in 1/6 scale. Sometimes - like Boba Fett, subtle things can make or break a figure for me. The helmet dome placement, the look of the bodysuit, the way the outfit pieces sit or 'hang' on the body - & if I'm going to be honest, the arms still look thin to me.

I am no Star Wars expert, but yes too me below were the ones that popped out as issues:

1) arms obviously still look think. Very thin!
2) the pants have a very odd feel and especially near the briefs area, something seems off to me. I know its tough to replicate stuff but makes vader look stout if thats the word
3) helmet ... I have no clue what it shld be like so am not too **** about that
4) the chest box... I think the box is very casually done. Does not look the right size to me.
5) not a flaw but when it was launched i probably bought it the first day of promo and for some strange reason i thought it came with the window diorama... Which wasn't the case and i dont blame SS for it. It was my stupid assumption.

Once again i am not trying to criticize a figure just for the sake of it. It's just that its Darth ******** Vader... I mean how iconic can it get... And here many of us are, still on the fence...

I am no Star Wars expert, but yes too me below were the ones that popped out as issues:

1) arms obviously still look think. Very thin!
2) the pants have a very odd feel and especially near the briefs area, something seems off to me. I know its tough to replicate stuff but makes vader look stout if thats the word
3) helmet ... I have no clue what it shld be like so am not too **** about that
4) the chest box... I think the box is very casually done. Does not look the right size to me.
5) not a flaw but when it was launched i probably bought it the first day of promo and for some strange reason i thought it came with the window diorama... Which wasn't the case and i dont blame SS for it. It was my stupid assumption.

Once again i am not trying to criticize a figure just for the sake of it. It's just that its Darth ******** Vader... I mean how iconic can it get... And here many of us are, still on the fence...

I'm not really on the fence though.. :lol

If it looks better down the track - I'll acknowledge that. I'm just not a SSC fan really..

Back