Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it a bit dated looking but get the desire for consistency. Personally I'd prefer each release had unique packaging. Something along the lines of Tamashii's 3PO and teased R2 box.

Thats a great idea, something different would be nice.
Hopefully in 2-3 months we will be sharing our pics!

Vader looks awesome there! Very excited. He probably won't be shipping in January though. Same with Grievous but should have Malgus in and hopefully Boba in the next month too.

Consistency went out the window when they changed for the 30th anniversary. I haven't cared one bit since.

If that's the box for Vader, I like it. Always a sucker for deluxe packaging.

That looks very good... now why couldn't this have been shown at the outset :huh

From the video it looks like the outfit is from the "stitched" material, versus the shiny pressed looking one. Everything on it looks very nice, including the reveal portrait :rock

3 comments:

1) That figure looks absolutely awesome. The Helmet looks great. The costume looks great. Just about every detail looks great to me.

2) Now that licensing issues have changed it looks like SS can start getting creative in their boxing designs again. :yess:

3) Pretty sure that is the production sample. :thud:

Excuse me while I go watch that video... again... and again... and............

3 comments:

1) That figure looks absolutely awesome. The Helmet looks great. The costume looks great. Just about every detail looks great to me.

2) Now that licensing issues have changed it looks like SS can start getting creative in their boxing designs again. :yess:

3) Pretty sure that is the production sample. :thud:

Excuse me while I go watch that video... again... and again... and............

1) Agreed... cape looks quite nice as well :lecture

2) Must be... also, I missed the box on the first go around. Looks very good; more in line with Hot Toys DX line.

3) Man, I hope so :pray:

Video is awesome, though to me, the dome still looks to small. Here's my Hasbro dome on my old ANH Vader. I'm gonna be switching this dome for the Hasbro one.
93956804caac108ddf33e2fe7f138276.jpg

f721ceaee32dfee50cee128c95a0e798.jpg

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLBdFQu6FgE[/ame]

Its back lol

Looks great!

Looking good! May end-up getting a Vader, after all. *sighs thinking about wallet*

Also liked that they confirmed the box art. Looks really nice and how a deluxe release should be presented. Like devil, I'm a big sucker for packaging like that.

Back