SIDESHOW ELITE 1:6 SCALE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you spend more for limited figures?

• I'll gladly spend more for elite quality figures.

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • I'll buy some, but I'm on a tight budget.

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • I think Sideshow's quality is fine now, not spending more.

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
well this is kinda like what Enterbay is trying to do as well as medicom.
But quite amusingly, its not what it seems.
Medicom will make high quality elite figures and the new "buggy-power rangers" (no offense to anyone who likes them) have amazing outfits.

And People are willing to buy the jack sparrow that has the amazing outfit and okay head.

But Enterbay tries to be even more elite and still people buy it.

So Sideshow could raise prices without really even changing much of the quality...if you compare to other 1:6 figure markets.

Sideshow seems to be consistent with their prices, or tries to be, so that they can keep the same people and only draw in more.

I wonder what sideshow would be like if they started raising prices.
how would we/ or they define if the quality of the item has increased?

interesting, i'm definately up for some elite figures but I like the prices and the quality of sideshow already so no biggy there

lousy.32.jpg
lousy.33.jpg

I'll gladly pay more for better quality, hell, I already am!
But there's a lot of stuff that SST have to work on: better bodies, better head-body size ratio (why can't they all be like Aragorn?), better fit for the costumes, use of leather/pleather and metal for accesories, and more care for the little details (size/lenght of tabbards springs to mind).

abake said:
I'll gladly pay more for better quality, hell, I already am!
But there's a lot of stuff that SST have to work on: better bodies, better head-body size ratio (why can't they all be like Aragorn?), better fit for the costumes, use of leather/pleather and metal for accesories, and more care for the little details (size/lenght of tabbards springs to mind).
Actually I think they're starting to listen about the head size issues. Maul, Scarface, SDCC Freddy, and Subject 5 all had nicely scaled heads, not sure about Bib Fortuna since I haven't seen him in person. Cordelia had a huge noggin but I hope that she'll be the last.

I DO spend money on elite figures with better bodies....Medicom!

Oh Calm down! I love SS too. If we could get some Medi/HT quality on the body and tailoring over with SS sculpts and better paint jobs, we'd have some way amazing figures!

I don;t think Sideshow needs to make up a line for no other reason than to broadcast the fact that those particular figures are way too expensive!! I prefer to go on a figure by figure basis. After all, Jabba would be "elite" and I don't need it to say "Elite" on his packaging to know that he's really quite a bit more expensive then the "average" SSC figure.

Back