Sideshow, do Disney right!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized that there are actually very few live-action Disney icons outside of the POTC films that would probably even be considered as Premium Formats.

Mary Poppins, Tron, maybe a robot from The Black Hole. Old Yeller? Condorman? Nah. They're going to run out of viable characters very quickly. I really hope to see animated heroes and Pixar characters.

I just realized that there are actually very few live-action Disney icons outside of the POTC films that would probably even be considered as Premium Formats.

Mary Poppins, Tron, maybe a robot from The Black Hole. Old Yeller? Condorman? Nah. They're going to run out of viable characters very quickly. I really hope to see animated heroes and Pixar characters.

Ooo, I'd love to have a Maximillian or a 1:4 guy on a lightcycle.

Anything from the Black Hole would rock. Davy Crockett? Check.

How about Herbie? Love the car and I'll take in it 1:4 scale.

New series of Q&A and again, not a thing Disney PF related. Right now I'd just settle for any news on expanding the PF line.

We need a Judge Doom PF! With a switch-out head showing his "toon" eyes and a twisted grin!

Come on Sideshow, make it happen!

If the Walt Disney company asks a license holder to do something (ie: Prince of Persia), is that license holder going to refuse? :)

The Disney PF line started out, and still is, animated villains, with some live-action film characters thrown in. (I think Jessica Rabbit could be considered a character from a live-action film.) Not sure why, as I am not privy to license terms, but it could have to do with the fact that there are tons of companies making the animated heroes, but not so many making the villains & live-action characters.

I'm cool with villains and the occasional live-action character.

Judge Doom remains a possibility!

Oh, and bring on Hades!

Love this line...

The Disney PF line started out, and still is, animated villains,

Well the Genie was one of Jafar's henchmen for a little while toward the end of the movie.... ;)

In all seriousness, I really hope SSC expands to heroes (at the very least making key title characters of the classic films) before too long. No company is making 1/4 scale mixed media statues of Disney heroes AFAIK.

Well the Genie was one of Jafar's henchmen for a little while toward the end of the movie.... ;)

In all seriousness, I really hope SSC expands to heroes (at the very least making key title characters of the classic films) before too long. No company is making 1/4 scale mixed media statues of Disney heroes AFAIK.

Exactly.

Dusty, point me towards any one of those 'tons of companies making the animated heroes' as 1/4 scale mixed media polystone statues, ie PF's and I'll just go and buy those's.

As for being forced to make Prince of Persia PF, I'm sure SS was left with little choice, but since this is what SS do, one would hope that Disney or whoever listen when told, it's not going to sell, that's not what ppl want.
Still, at the end of the day, I really don't care, other then it taking development and production time away from something I do want.

So a good chance of getting Jessica Rabbit in a round about way, not that it matters, as long as she gets made.
Just need to keep working on get the others, liek Belle, Beast, Snow White, etc.
Roger would then go really well with Jessica :wink1:

All I can assure you is that I'll pass along your desires... and we'll see what the future holds! It's only been about 18 months since the license was debuted, so there's really no telling at this point... unless we have a sorcerer's apprentice who can read the future in our midst :)

All I can assure you is that I'll pass along your desires... and we'll see what the future holds! It's only been about 18 months since the license was debuted, so there's really no telling at this point... unless we have a sorcerer's apprentice who can read the future in our midst :)

No, but I'll take that as a PF too :lol

Thanks Dusty.

I'm thinking Dusty means the upcoming Nic Cage film, not Sorcerer Mickey.

:lol I honestly have no idea if any sorcerer's apprentices are in the works, just making a play on words for Disney fans and reading the future :duff

This would make for a pretty hilarious Disney Premium Format considering he's practically the unofficial mascot of this board. ;)

Chicken-Little-classic-disney-218714_445_316.jpg

If the Walt Disney company asks a license holder to do something (ie: Prince of Persia), is that license holder going to refuse? :)

The Disney PF line started out, and still is, animated villains, with some live-action film characters thrown in. (I think Jessica Rabbit could be considered a character from a live-action film.) Not sure why, as I am not privy to license terms, but it could have to do with the fact that there are tons of companies making the animated heroes, but not so many making the villains & live-action characters.

I collect tons of Disney figurines and statues and I assure you that many many companies make many many villains: WD Classics Collection, Lenox, Harmony Kingdom, Big Figs, Olszewski, Armani, Royal Doulton, Jim Shore all make most of the famous Disney Villains. And many of these companies also make live action characeters: WD Classics Collection has made Jack Sparrow and 3 other characters from the pirates movies, Mary Poppins and Bert, Daniel Boone, etc. Lenox has made Jack Sparrow. So your statement that others are not making villains and live-action are not accurate. Sideshow should make the Fab 5, the princesses, etc. I collect LOTR and love my Lurtz but I also love my Disney princess figurines. We collectors are not one dimensional and can enjoy different kinds of Disney PFs.

I collect tons of Disney figurines and statues and I assure you that many many companies make many many villains: WD Classics Collection, Lenox, Harmony Kingdom, Big Figs, Olszewski, Armani, Royal Doulton, Jim Shore all make most of the famous Disney Villains. And many of these companies also make live action characeters: WD Classics Collection has made Jack Sparrow and 3 other characters from the pirates movies, Mary Poppins and Bert, Daniel Boone, etc. Lenox has made Jack Sparrow. So your statement that others are not making villains and live-action are not accurate. Sideshow should make the Fab 5, the princesses, etc. I collect LOTR and love my Lurtz but I also love my Disney princess figurines. We collectors are not one dimensional and can enjoy different kinds of Disney PFs.

And yet she didn't say they weren't just that there weren't that many. :wink1:

I think this is the first time that we have heard where the line in general is headingddd, so at least that brings some insight.

I think this is the first time that we have heard where the line in general is headingddd, so at least that brings some insight.

Not really, we have known for a while that for the animated characters, the PF's were going to be villains for the foreseeable future.

I just want that plan of action changed, so that the 'Princesses' are at least an equal number of PF's compared to the villains and for that to happen sooner, rather then later.

Based on shipping, pre-orders and previews, we are already 4 villains down, so I'm owed 4 'Princesses' :lol

I'll take Belle, The Beast, Snow White and Jessica Rabbit. If it helps, you can always count the Beast as a 'villain' and fit Jessica under the live action section. Then make a couple more villains before the next lot of princesses/heroes.

While they're doing villains I'd love to see The Horned King from The Black Cauldron. I know the movie isn't considered a classic but it was one of my favorite books.

theblackcauldron.jpg

Last edited:
Back